dlphg9 06:31 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
What does this mean
Means he's a bad motherfucker
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:53 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
What does this mean

It means he has an incredibly rare blend of the ability to hit for huge power production while carrying a below average strikeout rate.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:59 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It means he has an incredibly rare blend of the ability to hit for huge power production while carrying a below average strikeout rate.
Decent walk rate, too. Have no idea why the guy isn't a bigger prospect. I get he's hit only, but that didn't really stop Vlad Jr. I wonder if scouts have intel about him having slow bat speed or some mechanical flaw.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:33 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Decent walk rate, too. Have no idea why the guy isn't a bigger prospect. I get he's hit only, but that didn't really stop Vlad Jr. I wonder if scouts have intel about him having slow bat speed or some mechanical flaw.
Because before this season he had only 1 year pro ball. And it was in the Rookie league as a 21 year old.

His performance this year and subsequent rocketing through the organization is changing all that. Next year's prospect lists are going to have some inclusions, I suspect.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:19 PM 09-21-2021
So what do we do with Vinnie & Pratto when Salvy is DH'n?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:53 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
So what do we do with Vinnie & Pratto when Salvy is DH'n?

They’re going to trade one of them eventually, IMO. Can still slow play each guy and probably start them at Omaha together next year.

But I could see something where the Royals pair Kowar and Pratto in a big trade move (just speculating) that returns a good, young OF- preferably a CF.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 07:49 AM 09-22-2021
They’re going to trade one of them eventually, IMO. Can still slow play each guy and probably start them at Omaha together next year.

But I could see something where the Royals pair Kowar and Pratto in a big trade move (just speculating) that returns a good, young OF- preferably a CF.
I could see Merrifield or Lopez being included in a trade. With Witt Jr, Mondesi, and Lopez all being above average Short Stops, how many does a team need? Lopez's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. I'd give him up for a younger Lorenzo Cain.
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:55 AM 09-22-2021
Thank you. Being a casual fan (not into all the different stats and ratings) I had absolutely no idea what that meant. :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:27 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
The Denny Matthews/Fred White combo of my youth may have been the quietest broadcaster pair in sports history.

But it's the same voice I heard when I was a kid listening to games as I went to sleep...and it's kind of cool still hearing that voice all these years later.
I seem to remember those days differently. Late game heroics were pretty common in the 70's and I can remember hearing "Hit like a bullet down the right field line!!!.. Oh it gets away from Sixto Lezcano!!! One run is in! And Amos Otis may score!!! Tracked down by Gorman Thomas. The relay throw from Yount.. (paralyzing silence) SAFE"!!!!!!!

Those were great days friend.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:32 AM 09-22-2021
I can't find the radio call for Brett's HR off Gossage in Game 3 of the 1980 ALCS Fred White was on the mic that inning and it was truly epic.

(CRACK!!) "Oh there's a LONG DRIVE..... DEEP RIGHT FIELD...HOME RUN..HOME RUN FOR BRETT!!!
They were so happy. And Brett took all of about 2 minutes to round the bases. ����

The Al Wisk/Steve Busby TV call was very exciting.
[Reply]
Funkstown 08:45 AM 09-22-2021
Next year playoffs or bust.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:59 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I could see Merrifield or Lopez being included in a trade. With Witt Jr, Mondesi, and Lopez all being above average Short Stops, how many does a team need? Lopez's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. I'd give him up for a younger Lorenzo Cain.
Trade Mondesi and his inconsistent bat/health!
[Reply]
DeepSouth 09:10 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Trade Mondesi and his inconsistent bat/health!
I would love for that to happen. But, the Royals will have to give up something of value to get a Lorenzo Cain type center fielder. I don't think anyone will give up a player like that for "always hurt" Mondesi. And, if it wasn't for Witt Jr, I probably wouldn't be willing to trade Lopez.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:24 AM 09-22-2021
Can we please get rid of that fat idiot Carlos Santana? Dude is so shot. Just cut him. They’ll justify keeping him for his 2nd year contract to “coach the young guys”. But that means we have to watch fattycakes hit

.348 slugging. For a goddam 1B no less.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:06 AM 09-22-2021
In other MLB news, might get ready for a potential good road trip each for Royals. The A's have narrowed down to three sites in Las Vegas for a likely move there.
[Reply]
Page 403 of 440
« First < 303353393399400401402403 404405406407413 > Last »
Up