ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 295
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
:-)
Excellent rebuttal.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:48 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Excellent rebuttal.
There nothing more to say. You have your mind made up even though he has done nothing to show he was worth the 1st rd pick and he is just an avg to maybe slightly above avg running back.

All he showed this past Sunday is that he is above average at turning 10 yd gains into 2 yd gains.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:52 PM 09-14-2021
Working behind three different lines in one year is never easy..especially for a rookie. He had the line that started the Texans game, then the line that started the AFC championship game to the one we have today..he has to get used to one unit and build from there.

Last year I thought he had four very impressive games against Texas, Bills, Ravens and Saints..plus he was decent at Denver too. The rookie RB's these days are expected to be good out of the gate..especially with this ball club and what we've seen from the likes of Charles and Hunt..but I'm prepared to be patient with Clyde because if it all comes together for the kid he can still be something special in this offense imo. Seventy total yards wasn't too bad on sunday.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Working behind three different lines in one year is never easy..especially for a rookie. He had the line that started the Texans game, then the line that started the AFC championship game to the one we have today..he has to ger used to one unit and build from there.

Last year I thought he had four very impressive games against Texas, Bills, Ravens and Saints..plus he was decent at Denver too. The rookie RB's these days are expected to be good out of the gate..especially with this ball club and what we've seen from the likes of Charles and Hunt..but I'm prepared to be patient with Clyde because if it all comes together for the kid he can still be something special in this offense imo. Seventy total yards wasn't too bad on sunday.
If he wasn't missing massive holes and instead running right into traffic I would have more confidence. Hopefully he turns it around this Sunday. If he doesn't then they need to look at one of the other backs.

No matter how good 15, 10 and 87 are they are much better with at least a slight hint of a running game.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:28 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If he wasn't missing massive holes and instead running right into traffic I would have more confidence. Hopefully he turns it around this Sunday. If he doesn't then they need to look at one of the other backs.

No matter how good 15, 10 and 87 are they are much better with at least a slight hint of a running game.
I agree..i really worry about the offense relying so much on those three and no-one else. I'd seriously consider bringing in someone like Todd Gurley..a genuine threat who can work together with Clyde.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:29 PM 09-14-2021
He could have be extra amped up too, he will get it corrected. I'm sure of it?
[Reply]
arrwheader 02:57 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look, I'm not saying he had a good game, or that there aren't some potential concerns after watching the game. All I'm saying is that it's a bit early to get on the "we should've drafted someone else" bandwagon.

And he is a 'run behind his blockers' type of back. His whole style depends on drawing defenders into his blockers/force them to decide which gap they're going to attack. So yeah, he's going to be tucked in behind our blockers most of the time.

But I'm with you that it looked like he left some yards on the field several times. My point is simply "he's still just 14 games into his career." In an offense where RBs don't get a lot of touches to begin with. He might get only 200 touches all year, because this is an Andy Reid offense.

I think he'll be fine, and sooner rather than later. He's looking at the game film, and so are his coaches. As he gets more comfortable in the offense (and probably his confidence in his recovery) he'll jump those holes more consistently, and then we'll see.

Btw, he did have some nice plays yesterday, including that nifty catch in the flat and run for a 1st where he deked like 3 defenders and then basically ran over another.

All fair points, and yea he did come back and make some good runs. I won't be panicked unless we are on week 9-10 and he is missing holes like I saw Sunday. I know he is a "follow your blocker" guy but there are times when that goes out the window, like when there are massive holes to the left or right of you, you take the easy yards.

I have full confidence in Andy and EB to look at the film and show him hey look at this and get it fixed and for the O line to gel some more. I think both will improve the more they play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:01 PM 09-14-2021
I agree..i really worry about the offense relying so much on those three and no-one else. I'd seriously consider bringing in someone like Todd Gurley..a genuine threat who can work together with Clyde.
Todd Gurley? A genuine threat? Maybe the Ravens should look into him.

Besides, we have Fountain, we don't need anyone else.

Maybe we can trade PTW for a star playmaker. Like you said, he's better than that LT that Philly just gave $80M for.

Right?

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:12 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Todd Gurley? A genuine threat? Maybe the Ravens should look into him.

Besides, we have Fountain, we don't need anyone else.

Maybe we can trade PTW for a star playmaker. Like you said, he's better than that LT that Philly just gave $80M for.

Right?

Let me guess..Gurley's ASS ain't big enough for you detard?? :-) See Fortson on the field on sunday? I KNOW THAT MUST HURT :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:16 PM 09-14-2021
The kid is going be another Super Star on this team.

Those that are hating keep hating and you will look foolish by mid season.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:26 PM 09-14-2021
Let me guess..Gurley's ASS ain't big enough for you detard?? :-) See Fortson on the field on sunday? I KNOW THAT MUST HURT :-)
I mean, i'd diss you, but you suggested the Chiefs sign Gurley and Josh Gordon today.

That shit speaks for itself. You are a motherfucking retard.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:34 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I mean, i'd diss you, but you suggested the Chiefs sign Gurley and Josh Gordon today.

That shit speaks for itself. You are a mother****ing retard.
Er I only said I'd be TEMPTED to sign Gordan you dumb prick..but of course reading isn't your best trait is it detard? Looking at NFL BOOTYS is :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:34 PM 09-14-2021
Er I only said I'd be TEMPTED to sign Gordan you dumb prick..but of course reading isn't your best trait is it detard? Looking at NFL BOOTYS is :-)
REEEETARD

You're a fucking idiot, end of discussion.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:37 PM 09-14-2021
Uchieffybugger ain't nothing but a bitch, a punk ass, stupid fuck, silly little bitch.

Todd Gurley....
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:01 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
The kid is going be another Super Star on this team.

Those that are hating keep hating and you will look foolish by mid season.
Hope so, because last season was a mulligan no OTAs or Pre-season and condensed TC with a shitty OL.

CEH said he was leaps and bounds more prepared in comparison as a rookie yet he didn't produce with the revamped O-Line who gave him room to run.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 295
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up