ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 295
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrwheader 11:50 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CEH hasn't even played a full season's worth of games yet.

And sometimes any player can have a slow start. Even HOFers (and I'm not saying CEH should be/will be a HOFer). The Hall is littered with them. Thurman Thomas and Jerry Rice immediately come to mind.

Whatever. CEH is obviously talented, and he's shown enough from last season that I think he'll be okay by mid-season. Whining about his performance yesterday smacks of panic.
I can't speak for everyone on here but it's ok to look at the game Sunday and see how bad his vision was and its ok to point out for a first round pick at RB that is concerning.

It would not be ok to totally write him off but it's totally obvious there were issues that game and they weren't exactly nit picking type of issues. It looked like a regression from his rookie year, in a full offseason year.

He's got a new line there is going to be some adjustments and I think it will get better but i think it is ok to be concerned a bit when he totally missed WIDE open holes and ran into lineman at least 3 times where he otherwise could have a nice gain.

Not panicked just hard to explain that but I am looking forward to this week and hopefully see them improve.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:53 AM 09-14-2021
IT'S ONE FUCKING GAME
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:10 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
IT'S ONE FUCKING GAME
Fucking this.

Patrick wanted him good enough for me to love the kid and give him a chance and its only year two for him.

KEEP DOUBTING CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE!!!
[Reply]
penguinz 01:11 PM 09-14-2021
IT'S ONE ****ING GAME
in 16 games played he has topped 70 yards only 3 times.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:14 PM 09-14-2021
IT'S ONE FUCKING GAME
Sir, will you please stop under-reacting?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:17 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
? CEH has only played 14 games? At least according to ESPN stats . . .
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 09-14-2021
Are you talking about just rushing yards?

Because he’s had 70+ total yards in 10 regular season games, including Sunday.

He also had 70+ in the SB.
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:25 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think it's a bit of not being entirely comfortable with the new OL yet is all. Last year, there were few actual holes to run through and it got worse as the year and injuries went on. Now it's all different guys and I'm sure it feels different.

I expect he'll get comfortable and better game by game.
I think this could be an element and probably most likely but it really looked like a complete vision failure on the plays where there was so much room and he chose to run straight into the lineman....
[Reply]
penguinz 01:26 PM 09-14-2021
? CEH has only played 14 games? At least according to ESPN stats . . .
13 Regular season games in 2020, 2 Post season in 2020 and 1 regular in 2021. 16 games total.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:27 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Are you talking about just rushing yards?

Because he’s had 70+ total yards in 10 regular season games, including Sunday.

He also had 70+ in the SB.
Rushing. We are discussing his average to below average running skills.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:29 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I can't speak for everyone on here but it's ok to look at the game Sunday and see how bad his vision was and its ok to point out for a first round pick at RB that is concerning.

It would not be ok to totally write him off but it's totally obvious there were issues that game and they weren't exactly nit picking type of issues. It looked like a regression from his rookie year, in a full offseason year.

He's got a new line there is going to be some adjustments and I think it will get better but i think it is ok to be concerned a bit when he totally missed WIDE open holes and ran into lineman at least 3 times where he otherwise could have a nice gain.

Not panicked just hard to explain that but I am looking forward to this week and hopefully see them improve.
Look, I'm not saying he had a good game, or that there aren't some potential concerns after watching the game. All I'm saying is that it's a bit early to get on the "we should've drafted someone else" bandwagon.

And he is a 'run behind his blockers' type of back. His whole style depends on drawing defenders into his blockers/force them to decide which gap they're going to attack. So yeah, he's going to be tucked in behind our blockers most of the time.

But I'm with you that it looked like he left some yards on the field several times. My point is simply "he's still just 14 games into his career." In an offense where RBs don't get a lot of touches to begin with. He might get only 200 touches all year, because this is an Andy Reid offense.

I think he'll be fine, and sooner rather than later. He's looking at the game film, and so are his coaches. As he gets more comfortable in the offense (and probably his confidence in his recovery) he'll jump those holes more consistently, and then we'll see.

Btw, he did have some nice plays yesterday, including that nifty catch in the flat and run for a 1st where he deked like 3 defenders and then basically ran over another.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 09-14-2021
13 Regular season games in 2020, 2 Post season in 2020 and 1 regular in 2021. 16 games total.
Lol are you seriously counting the Bills postseason game where he was coming back from injury and had just a few carries?

Also, why are you only including rushing yards? He’s had 70+ total yards in 11 of those 15. It’s not as bad as you’re making it sound. He’s only had 15+ carries 5 times and 20+ 3 times.

Edit: I see why you are talking specifically about rushing, but he just hasn’t had the carries for that stat to be as bad as you’re making it sound.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:31 PM 09-14-2021
Wasn't he already dinged up for those post-season games? Yeah, he got hurt in one of the last regular season games, and then tried to come back in the post-season? Something like that?
[Reply]
penguinz 01:34 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol are you seriously counting the Bills postseason game where he was coming back from injury and had just a few carries?

Also, why are you only including rushing yards? He’s had 70+ total yards in 11 of those 15. It’s not as bad as you’re making it sound. He’s only had 15+ carries 5 times and 20+ 3 times.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 09-14-2021
Wasn't he already dinged up for those post-season games? Yeah, he got hurt in one of the last regular season games, and then tried to come back in the post-season? Something like that?
Yes, he didn’t get many carries in the AFCCG and clearly wasn’t 100%.

He looked great in the SB though. He had 9 carries for 64 yards and had a couple catches for 23.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 295
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up