ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 295
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:44 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This just doesn’t fit with the guy we saw in college or even last year when the OL wasn’t complete dogshit.

I have to continue to have faith in EB and Reid and the talent that we got in CEH. This just seems fixable for now.
Correct. CEH's vision coming out was amazing.

You can say he is a touch slow, not super explosive. You can say he struggles in pass pro.

But his vision should be his calling card.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:46 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Why is he even flat-footed there? What is he seeing that's causing him to hesitate?

He's got nothing but daylight to his left. Three defenders in front of him but three hats on them. That's a win all day. 90% of starting backs in this league take that for at least 5-6 yards.

He should be in stride, full steam ahead.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:47 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That blocking looks very good

I know that’s the point, but dang.
[Reply]
eDave 01:50 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
He's only human; hasn't looked the same to me after the Saints game injury. He was running with abandon until then. Not everyone has the ability to come back from injury like Patrick; he's special mentally and physically.
These are my thoughts. A mental block. That gymnist had a similar mental block. Even Mavorick had it.

His injury still makes me cringe. fuck that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:51 PM 09-13-2021
Jerick McKinnon come on down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:51 PM 09-13-2021
Last year on many occasions he made something out of nothing. I'm confident he can get his mojo back and improve with this line.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 09-13-2021
Was it PS week 2 where he got dinged?

I remember mentioning it at the time - the run game looked better after he got hurt. His vision really has been a problem.

He's become something of a guess hitter out there. He acts like he's deciding where a hole is going to open and if it doesn't, he just smashes into where he expected it to be without looking for a plan B. Combine that with a tendency to tip-toe into the line and he's almost completely ineffective.

It's not great. There needs to be improvement there or he needs to start losing snaps.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:53 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
He's only human; hasn't looked the same to me after the Saints game injury. He was running with abandon until then. Not everyone has the ability to come back from injury like Patrick; he's special mentally and physically.
He actually looked great in the SB when he got his opportunities.

This really didn’t start till this year.

It was revealed he had gallbladder surgery in the offseason, and he had that ankle injury in the preseason. Other than a new OL with some potential changes to the running scheme, I can’t think of what else it could be.
[Reply]
-King- 01:54 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I remember mentioning it at the time - the run game looked better after he got hurt. His vision really has been a problem.

He's become something of a guess hitter out there. He acts like he's deciding where a hole is going to open and if it doesn't, he just smashes into where he expected it to be without looking for a plan B. Combine that with a tendency to tip-toe into the line and he's almost completely ineffective.

It's not great. There needs to be improvement there or he needs to start losing snaps.
Even Darwin found and hit the holes...before he did something inexplicable.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:55 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I believe so. He has been hurt alot but that goes with the position. I was mentioning yesterday we needed to see more of Mckinnon and if his poor play continues bring up Gore.
[Reply]
-King- 01:56 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He actually looked great in the SB when he got his opportunities.

This really didn’t start till this year.

It was revealed he had gallbladder surgery in the offseason, and he had that ankle injury in the preseason. Other than a new OL with some potential changes to the running scheme, I can’t think of what else it could be.
It happened last year too. Mentioned it then. But you know...ole contrarian me.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 09-13-2021
Stop drinking so many stadium margs
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
It happened last year too. Mentioned it then. But you know...ole contrarian me.
CEH averaged over 4 YPC last year behind the 31st run blocking OL.

He was fine to good last year all things considered, and he really started to hit his stride towards the end, because like I said, 2 of his best games were against the Saints and the SB (his last 2).

He hasn’t been the same this year. There’s a clear difference and of course you’re the only idiot that can’t see it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stop drinking so many stadium margs
The wife yacked down the side of the truck on the ride home.

I was so proud of her...
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:59 PM 09-13-2021
No bullshit, i feel like Darrel Williams can do more with some of these holes.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 295
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Up