ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 295
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DRM08 01:52 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
My high school had to deal with Darren Sproles. No games were won against his team.
Haha, I love Sproles. We had a legend in our town named Ell Roberson who played with Sproles at K-State. Darren is one of those inspirational guys. Can't ever let people pre-judge a player based on their size.

Clyde's talent reminds me a lot of Sproles. Very special quickness, burst, and start/stop ability. Clyde's got a little more size to him as well, which is great for NFL level.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He had a game against Seattle in 2010 where he was just ripping of 10/12 yard chunks seemingly every time he touched the ball. He went for about a buck seventy five on 8 yards/carry and never had a carry over like 25 yards.

To say it was death by 1,000 papercuts isn't accurate. It wasn't even a series of body blows. It was more like repeated stab-wounds.

I was completely convinced that Charles could've set the single-game yardage record in that game. We still had Jones as the 'starter' and he got something like 20 carries in that game.

And I think it was the season before he had a similar game against Denver where he damn near DID set the record. Had over 250 yards IIRC. And then they had a drive late in the game starting deep in their own territory when it was already decided and the season was over (in a year they lost 11 or 12 games). He had a shot to break that damn record and for whatever reason Haley gives it to some scrub backup 3 times to burn clock and punts.

When a guy has a shot at history, you let him try it. It always chapped my ass that they didn't.
Yeah, that last game against Denver, he went nuts. I remember Haley saying something about having to play them again next year or whatever. Dumb shit.

2013 Charles with Andy was a legit MVP candidate, he was incredible. In 2014 he had a game against Seattle in KC where he was just everywhere.

Injuries just wiped him out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, that last game against Denver, he went nuts. I remember Haley saying something about having to play them again next year or whatever. Dumb shit.

2013 Charles with Andy was a legit MVP candidate, he was incredible. In 2014 he had a game against Seattle in KC where he was just everywhere.

Haley was just such a royal cocksmoker.

That fucking guy doesn't have a single redeeming quality. I'll bet his pets even hate him. He probably has goldfish that choose to starve to death rather than live in the same home as him.

God he was the worst.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:57 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

If his knees would of held together, and his ankles(?) it would have been even more incredible to see what he would have accomplished
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:23 AM 09-17-2020

Which players deserve a Ratings increase 🤔 #Madden21 pic.twitter.com/ylZJHad3m0

— Madden NFL 21 (@EAMaddenNFL) September 16, 2020

[Reply]
DTVietnam 04:12 AM 09-17-2020
Focused:

[Reply]
BlackOp 09:13 AM 09-17-2020
Those questioning Charles must have never seen this game...

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:16 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Those questioning Charles must have never seen this game...

That was a great game. With all those Broncos purposely missing tackles and the refs choosing not to throw holding flags.

259 Yards was quite the anomaly.

Thanks for throwing us a bone that year, NFL script writers.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:24 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That was a great game. With all those Broncos purposely missing tackles and the refs choosing not to throw holding flags.

Triggered boy is triggered...always triggered...it's what you do.

I guess you think this makes you appear intelligent...? Were you hugging your Goodell doll while typing that?
[Reply]
Pants 09:26 AM 09-17-2020

:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:31 AM 09-17-2020
Some of us understand that NFL is purely escapist entertainment and a business....others still put cookies out for Santa.

CBS Sports have their NFL analysts, now, giving betting advice against the spread...

People cant still be this detached...can they?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:32 AM 09-17-2020
Triggered boy is triggered...always triggered...it's what you do.

I guess you think this makes you appear intelligent...? Were you hugging your Goodell doll while typing that?
I'm just trying to talk football with you on your level, bro, what's with the hostility?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:38 AM 09-17-2020
I'm just trying to talk football with you on your level, bro, what's with the hostility?
No you're not...you follow me around and repeatedly do this.

It's like you have to post that shit to convince yourself....it's not going to change my observations. So why bother...to each their own...I guess?

The more people you get to agree with you...somehow makes you correct?

How about this...you believe the NFL in unfettered pure sport...and I believe it's sport merged with a multi-billion dollar corporation and the advertising/betting industry...that is profit/ratings driven.

Fair?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Haley was just such a royal cocksmoker.

That fucking guy doesn't have a single redeeming quality. I'll bet his pets even hate him. He probably has goldfish that choose to starve to death rather than live in the same home as him.

God he was the worst.
People who do coke usually are. :-)

I actually think, looking back, Haley was more of an indictment than Cassel.

How do you hire someone of such low moral fiber to run your football team?

Is your judge of character that poor?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:43 AM 09-17-2020
Some of us understand that NFL is purely escapist entertainment and a business....others still put cookies out for Santa.

CBS Sports have their NFL analysts, now, giving betting advice against the spread...

People cant still be this detached...can they?
Makes sense. I bet the Broncos purposely fell over because Vegas. They musta got the message from the higher-ups in the league to go ahead and let Charles run for 259.

I mean, Matt Cassel sure AF wasn't going to be able to complete passes to wide open receivers.

Probably a two-bird, one stone thing as well.

Chiefs fans needed something to celebrate so the NFL threw them a bone with Charles, and then that helps boost season ticket sales for the following season.

I mean, 259 is an anomaly for sure, AND it happened on the last game of the season? Too much of a coincidence don't you agree?

Anyway, surely we both agree that Charles wasn't that special and he never woulda ran for 259 without the help of the NFL script writers, but thanks for the trip down memory lane! That was the BEST script of the 2009 season!
[Reply]
Page 116 of 295
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Up