ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3741 of 3903
« First < 2741324136413691373137373738373937403741 3742374337443745375137913841 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:05 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
That would be a nonstarter in congress. I would tie vaccinations to a tax credit but that also wouldn't pass our shitty congress.

It doesn't really matter how good the incentives are, people have their minds made up. So now we go to the punishment phase and I am all for it. Imagine if this crap went on back when the polio vaccine came out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
There are plenty of sheep out there who would quickly get the jab if it came with a grand in their pocket. They might lie to all their loony tune friends about it, that is already happening.
[Reply]
Swanman 06:14 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
There are plenty of sheep out there who would quickly get the jab if it came with a grand in their pocket. They might lie to all their loony tune friends about it, that is already happening.
Here is an out of the box idea - have gofundme institute a vaccine mandate so anti vaxxers can't beg for money to pay for covid medical costs. I am shocked but not surprised how many of the horsepasters have no insurance.

[Reply]
Delano 06:56 AM 09-21-2021
My dad got a booster dose a few days ago. He’s very high risk with arthritis-stiffened lungs. I was surprised this was an option considering there is an open debate about boosters.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:04 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
My dad got a booster dose a few days ago. He’s very high risk with arthritis-stiffened lungs. I was surprised this was an option considering there is an open debate about boosters.
The debate is around whether the immunity boost is significant enough to be warranted for healthy people. I don't think that there's much debate that boosters help at least a little, which is important for those who are at risk.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:39 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The debate is around whether the immunity boost is significant enough to be warranted for healthy people. I don't think that there's much debate that boosters help at least a little, which is important for those who are at risk.
There was a study around J&J that showed a much more robust immune response with a second shot. My parents are both over 65 so they will be getting a Pfizer or Moderna booster before too long.

[Reply]
suzzer99 05:02 PM 09-21-2021

This is the mentality we're up against. I only want to hear opinions from other people who think for themselves, and also they have to agree with me!
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:09 PM 09-21-2021
On the positive side, while the woman above will never be converted (she's on a ventilator now btw), the vaxx hesitant are not a lost cause:

anti-vaccine guy was convinced by the nursing subreddit to get his shot �� pic.twitter.com/UueYF5MsJN

— ryan cooper (@ryanlcooper) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
Swanman 05:23 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This is the mentality we're up against. I only want to hear opinions from other people who think for themselves, and also they have to agree with me!
Good old Laura looks like a decent candidate for a Herman Cain Award. I bet her Facebook timeline is a real treasure.

[Reply]
TLO 06:02 PM 09-21-2021
There's really nothing new to talk about in here these days. Get vaccinated.. You'll be fine. Don't get vaccinated... Take your chances. /end

*bonus round*

Still not sold on boosters.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:41 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

People talk about the poor anti vaxxers who are being ridiculed and treated meanly, but god damn look at the shit those idiots are posting on social media. Constantly gloating that they didn't get the vaccine and how everyone that did get it are idiots, then they end up dying and crying for help.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:23 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
People talk about the poor anti vaxxers who are being ridiculed and treated meanly, but god damn look at the shit those idiots are posting on social media. Constantly gloating that they didn't get the vaccine and how everyone that did get it are idiots, then they end up dying and crying for help.
The high profile people who were gloating before they were crying for help aren't very sympathetic figures. But there are plenty of people who weren't internet trolls but did live in a social bubble/echo chamber who were far more deluded than dumb.

I think that is worth keeping in mind.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:34 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So many anti-vaxxers follow the same pattern on social media Its nothing but the same 10 or 15 anti-mask/anti-vaccine memes and a sprinkling of racism with many. Then they get covid and proclaim it is no joke. Then requests for prayer warriors. Then a funeral/medical expense gofundme. And 98% of them are fat white dudes with goatees. As a fat white guy with a goatee, I am very glad I am vaccinated.

[Reply]
jdubya 10:10 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's fascinating that these idiots are actually following "our current VP, Newsome and Cuomo" regarding the vaccine.
Maybe just as fascinating as those who voted for these folks?
[Reply]
Swanman 06:06 AM 09-22-2021
Had to listen to an idiot while getting my hair cut Monday about how he doesn't need the vaccine because he has lifetime natural immunity because he had covid in January 2020. First off, who knows if he even had it since no tests were available then. He could have had an antibody test at some point but he didn't strike me as the type to put in the effort. And secondly, people have been infected 2 and 3 times, especially once the OG strain started mutating. And lastly, no non-facebook doctor or scientist has claimed there is lifetime immunity, especially with variants.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:49 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Had to listen to an idiot while getting my hair cut Monday about how he doesn't need the vaccine because he has lifetime natural immunity because he had covid in January 2020. First off, who knows if he even had it since no tests were available then. He could have had an antibody test at some point but he didn't strike me as the type to put in the effort. And secondly, people have been infected 2 and 3 times, especially once the OG strain started mutating. And lastly, no non-facebook doctor or scientist has claimed there is lifetime immunity, especially with variants.

Most, if not all, the immunity studies I've seen on people who recovered from COVID show they likely have long term, if not lifetime, immunity. At least one did bone marrow samples to check for immunity cells there and found them.

Even people who only had mild cases. Asymptomatic cases are still under study last I looked, though I saw at least one that was pointing to them also having at least some natural immunity.

Not a case for skipping the shot. Studies have also shown that getting the shot after recovering from COVID provides better protection than just having had the vaccination alone or natural immunity alone.
[Reply]
Page 3741 of 3903
« First < 2741324136413691373137373738373937403741 3742374337443745375137913841 > Last »
Up