ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 3903
« First < 51112131415 1617181925651155151015 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:04 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’d prefer not to deal with the lunacy of shopping etc that I’m reading about in Italy (no bread, supermarkets closing, lines extending outside stores, etc).

[Reply]
cdcox 02:24 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I get that, but if we're to that point, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it.
I'm stocked for 2 weeks.

1) I don't need to fight the masses if panic sets in. I can wait at home until it's over.
2) if l need to go get more stuff after a couple weeks, it is one public exposure instead of 6.
3) if supply chains are seriously disrupted for more than two weeks, we're all screwed.

It is worth doing for 1 and 2 even though 2 weeks supply doesn't help with 3.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:27 PM 03-01-2020
Here's one thing I haven't seen discussed.

If this gets really really bad, and people decide to flee urban areas, what are the logistics of that?

Will it be possible only up to a certain point?

The last thing I want is to get stuck in the middle of mass hysteria and gridlock on 71 highway.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:29 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I'm stocked for 2 weeks.

1) I don't need to fight the masses if panic sets in. I can wait at home until it's over.
2) if l need to go get more stuff after a couple weeks, it is one public exposure instead of 6.
3) if supply chains are seriously disrupted for more than two weeks, we're all screwed.

That’s where I am with this whole thing.

At best, it’s food I’m going to end up eating anyway - so what’s the harm?

At worst, I can hole in my house for three-four weeks (counting the food I already had) and hope it blows over. If not? Well, as you said, we’re screwed anyway.

My survivalist friends are doing the MRE-emergency water thing. I guess if panic sets in I can try to get one of those things ordered - but I don’t see it happening to that extreme. People will always have irrational fears of the unknown. At the moment I’m preparing more for the hysteria of others than the sickness that’s driving that hysteria. Seeing that sort of panic grip other countries was why I wanted to stock up a bit more than usual.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:31 PM 03-01-2020
Where you gonna go?
[Reply]
Donger 02:31 PM 03-01-2020
Here's a good website for global status and updates:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
[Reply]
Donger 02:31 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I'm stocked for 2 weeks.

What about utilities?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:32 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Where you gonna go?
We will make our last stand at the battle of Ruark Bluff

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:39 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
According to Azar all the HHS employees involved the whistle blower complaint have been well over 14 days with no interaction with individuals and none became symptomatic or have the disease.
who knows if they are telling us the truth? The military finally came clean and told us the truth, it’s not going well in Afghanistan despite 18 years of military help. We will never be able to defeat the Tailban. No chance to have a stable government without our military help on the ground. 18 years of Presidents allowing the military to lie to the public when they knew better.

How we supposed to trust information when there is a personal benefit to withhold bad information and publicize information that works well for the current presidents own personal political benefit? The current president has taking lying to a whole new level.

As I said, every President lies to us. We accept this as part of the deal when it comes to health care or a wall etc. but, when it comes to a possible deadly pandemic, we have to trust what they are telling us. I’m not buying anything they tell us until I hear it from independent medical professionals.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:39 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We will make our last stand at the battle of Ruark Bluff

Get yourself set up to where you can lock yourself down and ride it out at home.
A simple case of Ramon Noodle can go a long way. In life or death struggle.
I still have shit from Y2K thats fine.. I made a box of beef jerking off last year that was bought in 99. Was fine. The packet of flavored powder had become a hard brick.
Ran over it with wooded rolling pin. Cooked it up and ate it.
Was fine.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:41 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
who knows if they are telling us the truth? The military finally came clean and told us the truth, it’s not going well in Afghanistan despite 18 years of military help. We will never be able to defeat the Tailban. No chance to have a stable government without our military help in the ground. 18 years of Presidents allowing the military to lie to the public when they knew better.

How we supposed to trust information when there is a personal benefit to withhold bad information and publicize information that works well for the current presidents own personal political benefit? The current president has taking lying to a whole new level.

As I said, every President lies to us. We accept this as part of the deal when it comes to health care or a wall etc. but, when it comes to a possible deadly pandemic, we have to trust what they are telling us. I’m not buying anything they tell us until I hear it from independent medical professionals with non political axe to grind.
Just send Rhonda Rousey over there. You Nutter
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:42 PM 03-01-2020
As soon as the looting starts I'm outta here!
[Reply]
wazu 02:44 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Here's a good website for global status and updates:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
That's a great dashboard. Anybody else notice that the actual death rate appears to be about 6.5%?
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I made a box of beef jerking off last year that was bought in 99. Was fine.
That's one hungry guy.
[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
That's a great dashboard. Anybody else notice that the actual death rate appears to be about 6.5%?
3.4%
[Reply]
Page 15 of 3903
« First < 51112131415 1617181925651155151015 > Last »
Up