ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:31 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wonder if this GM staff will ever draft an offensive lineman to play his real position in college.

LDT was a tackle. Morse was a tackle. Ehinger was a tackle. Fulton was a G who sucked dick and became a good C.
John Taint.
[Reply]
wazu 07:43 PM 08-30-2018
First impression is I really like this trade. A lot.
[Reply]
In58men 08:03 PM 08-30-2018
I never heard of him, I was just excited to see it was a cornerback. He could be in a wheelchair and I’d still be excited about it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:13 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
They must be deep at CB and knew that he'd be gone off the PS therefore it was smart on their part to receive some compensation.

Now shut up!
They are very deep at CB
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:14 PM 08-30-2018
Cowboys have 4 CB's that were all going to start this kid has been really impressive and was projected to make the 53
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:38 PM 08-30-2018
Ehinger. What a weird and wild career he had here. His stock seemed to plummet and it really never happened on the field. Injuries for sure but even beyond that it seems like his practice hurt his stock more and more as time went on. Crazy stuff from our perspective.

I'm going to pretend Ehinger went into a cocoon and came out a beautiful cornerback.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08-30-2018, 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Naptown Chief.
BossChief 10:28 PM 08-30-2018
Interesting.

I read that Ward didn’t even play HS football. Only played 4 years total.

It will be interesting to see how he does against top tier competition.

Every receiver in this division can score on any play.

He will be tested.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:41 PM 08-30-2018
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/...018-nfl-draft/

https://nflmocks.com/2018/05/15/dall...arvarius-ward/

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018...llegiate-bowl/
[Reply]
bsp4444 06:13 AM 08-31-2018
Could this be Veach’s next Harrison Butker type find?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Charvarius Ward, CB | 6-1, 200

Ward has been modest about his performance so far, calling it only "pretty decent." But in terms of turning in flash plays, he's had one of the best camps of any player on the roster. The undrafted rookie free agent out of Middle Tennessee State has routinely gotten his hands on passes in both team and one-on-one periods.

He provided one of the top defensive highlights of camp on Saturday when he intercepted a Dak Prescott deep ball intended for Michael Gallup in one-on-one drills. Ward stayed step-for-step with Gallup, caught the ball over his shoulder, pushed Gallup to the ground and then cut back up field.

"That helped boost my confidence a lot," Ward said of the play. "I feel like I have a lot of potential. I can make a lot of plays on the ball, create a lot of turnovers."

Depending on how many corners the Cowboys keep - either five or six - Ward could be battling Marquez White, another player on this list, for one of the final roster spots.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/08/07/five-radar-cowboys-watch-49ers-charvarius-ward-antwaun-woods-lance-lenoir-dorance-armstrong-marquez-white
So we get a player with an upside in a position of desperate need for a regressing backup OL? Sounds good to me. Dallas must have been desperate on the OL as we are at CB.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:26 AM 08-31-2018
Definitely worth the shot if all holds up.
[Reply]
oldman 07:02 AM 08-31-2018
I don't see a whole lot wrong with this trade. Ehinger wasn't going to be a starter and his departure will open a spot for Hunter, McKenzie, or Wylie. Ward's arrival, along with Scandrick may end the Amerson experiment.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:12 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wonder if this GM staff will ever draft an offensive lineman to play his real position in college.

LDT was a tackle. Morse was a tackle. Ehinger was a tackle. Fulton was a G who sucked dick and became a good C.
Oh, Morse played center in college. His only issue was that he couldn't snap the ball.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:19 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Oh, Morse played center in college. His only issue was that he couldn't snap the ball.
or stay healthy with concussion and midfoot injury issues.
[Reply]
notorious 07:23 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up