ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 06:31 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:

but really, he cant be worse than amerson. He can be just as bad, but no one can be worse than completely useless.
Sit back while I tell you a little story about Vince Agnew.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:32 PM 08-30-2018
Interesting move. I tried to find more on the trade, but there's really nothing out there other than the trade will be finalized tomorrow. I just wonder what the compensation is. 7th round pick or a player? I wouldn't be surprised if we traded a wide receiver or a running back. There are bubble guys at both spots that I could see them moving to get some compensation for. But if it was a player, why wouldn't that be disclosed?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:34 PM 08-30-2018

OL Parker Ehinger is the player heading to Dallas for CB Charvarius Ward, source tells Chiefs Digest. Dallas had been shopping Ward for a lineman. Ehinger did not appear with the starting line during warmups.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) August 31, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:42 PM 08-30-2018
Oh. Well, that's nifty.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:43 PM 08-30-2018
Charvarius Ward, CB | 6-1, 200

Ward has been modest about his performance so far, calling it only "pretty decent." But in terms of turning in flash plays, he's had one of the best camps of any player on the roster. The undrafted rookie free agent out of Middle Tennessee State has routinely gotten his hands on passes in both team and one-on-one periods.

He provided one of the top defensive highlights of camp on Saturday when he intercepted a Dak Prescott deep ball intended for Michael Gallup in one-on-one drills. Ward stayed step-for-step with Gallup, caught the ball over his shoulder, pushed Gallup to the ground and then cut back up field.

"That helped boost my confidence a lot," Ward said of the play. "I feel like I have a lot of potential. I can make a lot of plays on the ball, create a lot of turnovers."

Depending on how many corners the Cowboys keep - either five or six - Ward could be battling Marquez White, another player on this list, for one of the final roster spots.

Cowboys rookie CB Charvarius Ward with the INT in one-on-one drills pic.twitter.com/qL9USm1RRT

— Jon Machota (@jonmachota) August 5, 2018

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/08/07/five-radar-cowboys-watch-49ers-charvarius-ward-antwaun-woods-lance-lenoir-dorance-armstrong-marquez-white
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:44 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

I like that a lot better.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:50 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Charvarius Ward, CB | 6-1, 200

Ward has been modest about his performance so far, calling it only "pretty decent." But in terms of turning in flash plays, he's had one of the best camps of any player on the roster. The undrafted rookie free agent out of Middle Tennessee State has routinely gotten his hands on passes in both team and one-on-one periods.

He provided one of the top defensive highlights of camp on Saturday when he intercepted a Dak Prescott deep ball intended for Michael Gallup in one-on-one drills. Ward stayed step-for-step with Gallup, caught the ball over his shoulder, pushed Gallup to the ground and then cut back up field.

"That helped boost my confidence a lot," Ward said of the play. "I feel like I have a lot of potential. I can make a lot of plays on the ball, create a lot of turnovers."

Depending on how many corners the Cowboys keep - either five or six - Ward could be battling Marquez White, another player on this list, for one of the final roster spots.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/08/07/five-radar-cowboys-watch-49ers-charvarius-ward-antwaun-woods-lance-lenoir-dorance-armstrong-marquez-white
Chris Harris Jr was undrafted.

Just want to point that out. I like this.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:51 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like that a lot better.
Well, yes - trade hot garbage for a player that may not actually be garbage?

Great move.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:54 PM 08-30-2018
Ehinger was a solid LG his rookie year. It sucks that his knee injury fucked his career up. He pretty much destroyed his entire knee on that injury.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:56 PM 08-30-2018
I had high hopes for Ehinger. He showed promise as a rookie before he got hurt. But he never seemed to get back to that, so, oh well. Time to move on. Hopefully our new corner turns out to be good.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:02 PM 08-30-2018
Bye bye to Parker Injured.
[Reply]
kgrund 07:05 PM 08-30-2018
Percy Snow 2.0
[Reply]
carcosa 07:16 PM 08-30-2018
Ward will win DROY
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:27 PM 08-30-2018
I wonder if this GM staff will ever draft an offensive lineman to play his real position in college.

LDT was a tackle. Morse was a tackle. Ehinger was a tackle. Fulton was a G who sucked dick and became a good C.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:29 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wonder if this GM staff will ever draft an offensive lineman to play his real position in college.

LDT was a tackle. Morse was a tackle. Ehinger was a tackle. Fulton was a G who sucked dick and became a good C.
Don't forget McKenzie. He didn't even play offense. Lol
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up