ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:44 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'd like to hear more about this Aziz Shittu fellow
You just want to sign him and nickname him "Shitzhu", don't you?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:54 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

Have we even signed this piece of Shittu yet?
That's it. You broke the joke. No one needs to bother anymore. Bravo.
[Reply]
WV 08:48 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You just want to sign him and nickname him "Shitzhu", don't you?
I "Shittu" not!
[Reply]
Dante84 09:57 AM 09-14-2021
The original Ward thread.

I'm sick of seeing QB's pick on this dude, with relative success. I'm ready for his replacement to step up.

He's consistently the weak link opposing QB's target in coverage, outside of our shittiest coverage linebacker (historically Niemann). Once Gay is back from IR, I fully expect Ward to be targeted 5-10 times per game.

He's not Philip Gaines bad, but he's not "good", either.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I'm sick of seeing QB's pick on this dude, with relative success.
You're trippin'.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 09-14-2021
The original Ward thread.

I'm sick of seeing QB's pick on this dude, with relative success. I'm ready for his replacement to step up.

He's consistently the weak link opposing QB's target in coverage, outside of our shittiest coverage linebacker (historically Niemann). Once Gay is back from IR, I fully expect Ward to be targeted 5-10 times per game.

He's not Philip Gaines bad, but he's not "good", either.
There are 60 starting CBs in this league. Closer to 80 when you look at the amount of Nickel being run and injury needs.

Ward is in that top 40-50 range. He's not a lock-down guy but he's a solid player. If he's the weakest link on your defense, you've got a pretty damn good defense.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:22 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There are 60 starting CBs in this league. Closer to 80 when you look at the amount of Nickel being run and injury needs.

Ward is in that top 40-50 range. He's not a lock-down guy but he's a solid player. If he's the weakest link on your defense, you've got a pretty damn good defense.
Oh I know he's not the worst in the league, but it feels like he's definitely the guy the other QB's / OC's target the most.

Am I just crazy, or is there room for improvement at that spot next offseason?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 09-14-2021
Oh I know he's not the worst in the league, but it feels like he's definitely the guy the other QB's / OC's target the most.

Am I just crazy, or is there room for improvement at that spot next offseason?
Well someone has to be. And for most teams, that guy's gonna be a genuine liability (as the Ravens last night).

For us and maybe a half-dozen other teams in the league, he really isn't.

I can live with that.

And I hope you can as well because the odds are pretty good that we're weaker at CB2 next season after Ward walks than we're gonna be with him this season. Legit boundary corners don't grow on trees and they don't come cheap. Nor do they develop quickly. I wouldn't expect a meaningful expenditure there especially with the needs we'll have on the DL.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:24 AM 09-14-2021
I like Ward. He's not a ball hawk, but he's a guy who can generally prevent bad things from happening.

And we definitely won the Ehinger trade.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:28 AM 09-14-2021
Ward has his warts. And yes, I think that the team can do better. I was really hoping that Hughes or Baker could pass him up for the starting job by mid season. And maybe that happens. But, Ward is serviceable. I think that he will look better this week with Honey Badger providing safety support.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:38 AM 09-14-2021
Sneed was the guy getting beat like a drum on Sunday and here we are talking about Ward...
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:47 AM 09-14-2021
Ward didn't play badly. Not that I saw anyway. He was right there most of the time, and missed making a spectacular play on the ball at least 2-3 times. The fact is that the catches on him were really great catches in those instances.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:52 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sneed was the guy getting beat like a drum on Sunday and here we are talking about Ward...
That was the worst game I had seen from Sneed....maybe ever. Didn't matter whether it was against the run or pass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ward didn't play badly. Not that I saw anyway. He was right there most of the time, and missed making a spectacular play on the ball at least 2-3 times. The fact is that the catches on him were really great catches in those instances.
I saw 3-4 damn good throw/catch combos, especially on those quick hitters.

We had good coverage, Baker just made a perfect throw and his receiver fought for the ball.

That was a really good game from Cleveland and they sure looked to be exceptionally well coached. I saw enough from them to be stunned if they didn't win the North.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:04 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Bingo.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up