ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:47 PM 08-31-2018
His nickname is Toaster
[Reply]
3rd&Long 12:56 PM 08-31-2018
Reaching.....
[Reply]
ping2000 01:12 PM 08-31-2018
Uh oh. Pics from physical.
[Reply]
3rd&Long 01:13 PM 08-31-2018
I've already started too many comments with: "Folks, this won't be popular but...."
I'm fairly sure there are other posters on NFL teams who have similar thoughts.

Pre-season is vanilla. I get that. No one wants to show their hands and, if truth be known, care little about the final scores. I'm not buying it. I've seen the first 3 Chief's pre-season games and think there's more than a bit of concern. Even a vanilla defense, like a blind squirrel, finds an acorn every now and then. This defense is a sieve, vanilla or not.

Big Andy is an offensive scheme guy. We all know that. Mahomey is a balls-out gun slinger. All okay but......at the cost of how many TOs each game? TOs the other team can convert to 6s because of the questionable defense? At best, I'm seeing 9-7 , at worst, 4-12 and realistic? 6-10. Have at me.
[Reply]
sedated 01:16 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was one of THREE kickers drafted, which means he was well known as an outstanding prospect. He was good enough that the Panthers carried two kickers on their active roster for a bit.

Ward was NOT one of the 30+ corners drafted. While he may have been a legitimate prospect, he was certainly not at the level of Butker.
On the other side of that coin, Carolina felt they could stash their guy on the practice squad. Someone got him, but it was into the season after an injury.

If Dallas feels there is no way Ward clears waivers to go on the PS, they might as well deal him now and get something for him.
[Reply]
mcaj22 02:11 PM 08-31-2018
Andy said he won't start right away...

sooooooo eventually he's going to. That's all that needs to be said about our current crop of crap CBs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:11 PM 08-31-2018
Charvarius Ward has strong NFL bloodlines. His cousins are Malcolm Butler (Titans), Vernon Butler (Panthers), and Glover Quin (Lions) whom are all currently playing in the NFL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:47 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by 3rd&Long:
I've already started too many comments with: "Folks, this won't be popular but...."
I'm fairly sure there are other posters on NFL teams who have similar thoughts.

Pre-season is vanilla. I get that. No one wants to show their hands and, if truth be known, care little about the final scores. I'm not buying it. I've seen the first 3 Chief's pre-season games and think there's more than a bit of concern. Even a vanilla defense, like a blind squirrel, finds an acorn every now and then. This defense is a sieve, vanilla or not.

Big Andy is an offensive scheme guy. We all know that. Mahomey is a balls-out gun slinger. All okay but......at the cost of how many TOs each game? TOs the other team can convert to 6s because of the questionable defense? At best, I'm seeing 9-7 , at worst, 4-12 and realistic? 6-10. Have at me.

Possibly. Or maybe not.

In the immortal words of Mile High Mania: “Well, we’ll see, I guess”
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:51 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Just making sure he's really gone, I think.

FAX

Sounds like they finally nailed the bastard.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:58 PM 08-31-2018
Didn't know we had 2 of them and Dallas wanted them both!
[Reply]
bricks 03:02 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Just making sure he's really gone, I think.

FAX
:-) thats classic
[Reply]
rtmike 04:33 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
I never heard of him, I was just excited to see it was a cornerback. He could be in a wheelchair and I’d still be excited about it.
Where do I sign up?

Need to put a smile on your face, lol.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:08 PM 08-31-2018
He seems to have all the traits and physical gifts to be a damn good player. And we have to remember, he was proving himself at camp with Dallas and apparently played well in the preseason games. I pray the Cowboys have just let the next AJ Bouye (aka a Cb who went undrafted and then turned into a stud) leave their roster. It would at least make me feel better after they took David Irving from us.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:32 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I think that's wrong. I've seen him listed at 6'1".

EDIT: 6'1" on the Cowboys official roster.
I still don't know someone is not taking these fast and tall receivers that can't catch and turn them into corner backs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:43 PM 08-31-2018
Good trade.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up