ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 299
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
The Meltdown Lounge>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.


Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?



Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Munson 08:30 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Getting ready to sell a kidney as to pay for a .30 cal can.

Why are they $900?? Anyone have any recommendations or reviews?

Signing up for a Trust. Gotta figure out which online kit to buy.

thanks
I've been thinking about getting a .30 caliber can, along with a .22 can. I think one reasons they cost a pretty penny is because many of the .30 cal (and 5.56) suppressors come with a fast-attach muzzle brake or flash hider.

I like what SilencerCo has to offer, especially the Omega and Hybrid.
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 PM 03-13-2016
Specwars test the best for sound suppression. They aren't the lightest, or the smallest, but the best for the job they are supposed to do. Search on Youtube for reviews of nearly every suppressor made.

I just got my stamps last week, and a Specwar 7.62 is waiting for more muzzle brakes to come in. I also got a Sparrow .22.

Get your paperwork going before June. Obama's executive action comes into power which will require each Class III item to have to have your name and fingerprints. They are doing away with Trusts in other words, but anything before June will be grandfathered in.

I am going to transfer a couple lowers to SBR and, get a Harvester for .338LM, and order an Osprey .45 which can suppress 9mm, 45's, and 300 blackouts (subsonic).
[Reply]
Trivers 09:14 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Specwars test the best for sound suppression. They aren't the lightest, or the smallest, but the best for the job they are supposed to do. Search on Youtube for reviews of nearly every suppressor made.

I just got my stamps last week, and a Specwar 7.62 is waiting for more muzzle brakes to come in. I also got a Sparrow .22.

Get your paperwork going before June. Obama's executive action comes into power which will require each Class III item to have to have your name and fingerprints. They are doing away with Trusts in other words, but anything before June will be grandfathered in.

I am going to transfer a couple lowers to SBR and, get a Harvester for .338LM, and order an Osprey .45 which can suppress 9mm, 45's, and 300 blackouts (subsonic).
thanks for the headsup on the Specwar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVfXCggH54
[Reply]
mac459 08:46 AM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Specwars test the best for sound suppression. They aren't the lightest, or the smallest, but the best for the job they are supposed to do. Search on Youtube for reviews of nearly every suppressor made.

I just got my stamps last week, and a Specwar 7.62 is waiting for more muzzle brakes to come in. I also got a Sparrow .22.

Get your paperwork going before June. Obama's executive action comes into power which will require each Class III item to have to have your name and fingerprints. They are doing away with Trusts in other words, but anything before June will be grandfathered in.

I am going to transfer a couple lowers to SBR and, get a Harvester for .338LM, and order an Osprey .45 which can suppress 9mm, 45's, and 300 blackouts (subsonic).
Specs are very good..we used them while I was in the military..work great and last fora long time..can stand up to abuse too
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:21 AM 03-16-2016
OK, need some advice.

I just bought my first AR, DPMS Oracle. I would like to take it hunting this fall. But the more I read about the pros and cons of deer hunting with this rifle, the more confused I'm getting. It seems there are those who say don't do it (too light of a round, better off with a .30\.30, which I shoot now) and those who say do it (accurate shot, flat trajectory etc.) I've been looking at ammo, and Hornady makes an American Whitetail in 60 grain. I shoot 170 grain in my .30\.30, so obviously a MUCH lighter round.

Any suggestions? Should I post this in the Hunting Type Things thread?

Thanks fellas.
[Reply]
tooge 10:19 AM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
OK, need some advice.

I just bought my first AR, DPMS Oracle. I would like to take it hunting this fall. But the more I read about the pros and cons of deer hunting with this rifle, the more confused I'm getting. It seems there are those who say don't do it (too light of a round, better off with a .30\.30, which I shoot now) and those who say do it (accurate shot, flat trajectory etc.) I've been looking at ammo, and Hornady makes an American Whitetail in 60 grain. I shoot 170 grain in my .30\.30, so obviously a MUCH lighter round.

Any suggestions? Should I post this in the Hunting Type Things thread?

Thanks fellas.
Unless you are planning at shooting at deer at 300 yards or more, I'd stick with the .30/.30. Or, sell your 30/30, buy a .270, and you can hunt deer at any distance and have your fun gun with the AR. Lots of guys hunt with AR's though. The round is fine.
[Reply]
BDj23 03:28 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
OK, need some advice.

I just bought my first AR, DPMS Oracle. I would like to take it hunting this fall. But the more I read about the pros and cons of deer hunting with this rifle, the more confused I'm getting. It seems there are those who say don't do it (too light of a round, better off with a .30\.30, which I shoot now) and those who say do it (accurate shot, flat trajectory etc.) I've been looking at ammo, and Hornady makes an American Whitetail in 60 grain. I shoot 170 grain in my .30\.30, so obviously a MUCH lighter round.

Any suggestions? Should I post this in the Hunting Type Things thread?

Thanks fellas.
Hunting with an AR-15? Are you crazy? You'll blow the deer into pieces.
[Reply]
Otter 04:06 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Hunting with an AR-15? Are you crazy? You'll blow the deer into pieces.
Eh, I hunt white tail and mule deer with 30-06. The 30-06 is a MUCH more powerful round than a .223. Don't think that would be a problem.



30-06 looks like .50 cal ammo compared to .223.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 05:49 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Hunting with an AR-15? Are you crazy? You'll blow the deer into pieces.
You do realize AR-15 isn't a caliber. I got a 6.5 creedmore on one of my AR's that would work great on deer.
[Reply]
BDj23 06:38 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
You do realize AR-15 isn't a caliber. I got a 6.5 creedmore on one of my AR's that would work great on deer.
lol. I know what 5.56 and .223 will do to a deer.

Some of you need to tune your sarcasm meters.

I guess i need to post more in this thread.
[Reply]
notorious 06:42 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
Eh, I hunt white tail and mule deer with 30-06. The 30-06 is a MUCH more powerful round than a .223. Don't think that would be a problem.



30-06 looks like .50 cal ammo compared to .223.
And the .50 cal is just an "enlarged" 30-06.


I don't know why the military got away from the 30-06. It's a hell of a round.
[Reply]
kepp 06:44 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
lol. I know what 5.56 and .223 will do to a deer.

Some of you need to tune your sarcasm meters.

I guess i need to post more in this thread.
Maybe if you had said that the deer would break apart in midair...
[Reply]
srvy 08:09 PM 04-26-2016
Anyone like 1911's. This looks like a pretty good deal on a Remington 1911 R1 Black .45ACP 5-inch 7rd Walnut Grips. Has me really pondering.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8697755-gun-...-h?v=1&src=pdw

http://grabagun.com/catalog/product/view/id/4320
[Reply]
srvy 05:08 PM 05-04-2016
http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?...s#.Vyp-bjArJhF

Not a bad price on AR S&W MP15 sport II 5.56 16" $540.00 shipped Kentucky Gun Co.

What say you?
[Reply]
Munson 06:11 PM 05-04-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?...s#.Vyp-bjArJhF

Not a bad price on AR S&W MP15 sport II 5.56 16" $540.00 shipped Kentucky Gun Co.

What say you?
That's a good price. But I'm pretty sure they charge 3% extra if you want to pay with a credit card.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 299
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up