ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Ian Watch
cmh6476 06:29 PM 09-26-2022
Bucs heading to Miami to practice this week.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/hurrican...s-game-to-move
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:14 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm girding my house in Denver, but these hurricanes always end up being nothing.

You people in Florida might have a bigger impact, though, so good luck to all of you.
How much Dr. Pepper do you have on hand?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:15 PM 09-26-2022
Do you Floridians sit on the front porch and watch hurricanes like us Midwesterners do with tornadoes?
[Reply]
stevieray 07:17 PM 09-26-2022
My oldest daughter moved to Tampa last Monday.

Ugh.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:18 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Ugh.
Well, you may be getting a quick and unexpected return home visit for a few days, lol.

Hope all goes well for her.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:19 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
That had to be brutal on that coast. I was living in Treasure Island back in 04-05 when Frances and Jean came through. IIRC, at least one of them was still a category 1 even after it crossed the state and got to us.
It was really really scary honestly. We were in a wood frame house. We were boarded up, but it sounded like a freight train was coming through. You would hear large objects just slamming into the house and roof. We had the kids on mattresses in the hallway cuz we didn’t have an interior room with no windows. I waited about a week and a half to remove my boards. The only reason I did was because they said Jean had turned and would t affect us. Then about a day later they said in typical South Parking fashion “ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US”. Had to re board mine and my bosses windows rapidly. Luckily we found a generator between the 2 storms. Cuz it’s impossible to get laid when you have no power and it’s like 100 degrees outside. There was a small empty lot in the middle of our block, and someone brought a big barrel with a grate to cook food on. As everyone’s food was thawing they would bring it to the pit and cook it and share it with the people from the block. It sucked, but there was also a lot of unity that wasn’t always prevalent in the neighborhood prior to that. We had lots of the neighborhood kids over watching cartoons with our kids in a window unit worth of AC because we happened to get a generator.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:20 PM 09-26-2022
Hang on to your ass, Cooch. Good luck to you and yours down there.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:24 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Do you Floridians sit on the front porch and watch hurricanes like us Midwesterners do with tornadoes?
We sit in the parking lot of Publix and Home Depot, watching newbies to Florida panic buy a ton of shit they’ll never use.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:25 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Ugh.
Bro, if there’s anything I can do to help please reach out. I have 2 girls and couldn’t imagine them going through that alone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 09-26-2022
nahhhh we learned
Attached: 0F53EEAB-E1A0-46C5-9B19-5975BE2C24F2.jpeg (26.8 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:27 PM 09-26-2022
Best wishes to everyone down there
[Reply]
Bowser 07:27 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
We sit in the parking lot of Publix and Home Depot, watching newbies to Florida panic buy a ton of shit they’ll never use.
Hey, that's like here with an ice storm outside of Hy-Vee and Lowe's!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:28 PM 09-26-2022
We throw hurricane parties
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:29 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
How much Dr. Pepper do you have on hand?
I always keep a year's supply. It's a requirement of the Pepperdite Church.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:40 PM 09-26-2022
We just left South Seas Resort on Captiva Island a few hours ago. The hotel portion of the place was basically a ghost by now. But some of the other properties privately owned on the resort still seem pretty inhabited. I can’t imagine being on that island or Sanibel for that matter to ride this out but I guess plenty of people will. Definitely wasn’t a bunch of people fleeing. And Fort Myers itself seemed not at all concerned.
[Reply]
Spott 07:43 PM 09-26-2022
Yeah, but we open the garage doors and put out a few chairs.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up