ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Macro view: Remember, this is technically a rebuild year...
Dante84 10:20 AM 09-26-2022
I know that's a dirty phrase to utter, but it's important to keep things in perspective here.

We *barely* lost the game, and unfortunately there were some critical rookie mistakes, horrendous misses from an off-the-street kicker. We also had Gay & McDuffie out. A very weak personal foul call was a fatal blow. It sucks, but sometimes it be that way.

Looking ahead
Taking a big-picture view, we have one of the strongest rosters in the league, one of the youngest rosters in the league, with the best QB in the league, and multiple key starters locked up for at least the next 2 years. We also have a top-2 coach in the league, with a top-5 GM in the league armed with a talent evaluation staff that is top-notch. Our medical and training staff is among the best in the league as well.

We will have more than par picks next year. We have no reason to believe that our young defensive players will not continue to ascend, similar to Gay/Bolton. We should have cash to spend next year as well, should we choose to.

While we should absolutely be competing for a Super Bowl every year that we have Mahomes, and we likely will this year, it's crazy to think that we are this good and well set up for the future on a year where we are overhauling our entire receiving corps and have a fresh-out-the-womb defense.

We are going to rip butts wide open for the next 3-5 years if we see this thing through, and likely get a few rings because of it. Games like yesterday are part of the growth, as grumpy as that makes us on a week-to-week level.

Update - 2/15/23

Brett Veach lifts up the Lombardi Trophy, as he says, "This is what a rebuilding year looks like in Kansas City."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) February 15, 2023

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:47 AM 09-26-2022
I was wondering today how we would all feel if this happened week 1 and then week 2 we smashed the cardinals and week 3 we steal one from the Dolts?

I think most of us expected some transition pains. But if they would have happened early they'd "feel" better.

Thinking objectively, I know I'd feel better about it, but I know objectivity is a tough ask for this group.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:47 AM 09-26-2022
The Chiefs win yesterday if any number of ridiculous self-inflicted errors doesn’t happen.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:49 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC has no left tackle for next year. They maybe have a right tackle if Niang or Kinnard show anything.

The WR room next year is Moore, MVS, and Ross.

The DEs next year (assuming Clark is cut, which he should be) are Karlaftis, Kaindoh, and Herring.

DT needs more bodies.

Runningback room is a mess.

Cornerbacks look strong, linebackers could be great, safety is fine if we sign Thornhill. Interior OL is top notch and Mahomes is a top NFL QB with the right tools.

This is far from the strongest roster in the NFL. This roster is pop warner compared to Buffalo. Buffalo has a highly paid QB but has still managed to surround him with talent and a well built team. Brandon Beane is lapping Brett Veach at team building.

Agreed that this is a rebuild, but we’re look at a 2-3 year rebuild if most of the draft picks are hits.

Kelce will be 34 next year.
This seems like an overreaction. We have a few needs. Any team with a mahomes contract will. But as long as we have Reid and mahomes we have a shot even if we have some holes. Also veach is a wizard at finding players mid season. Really, if we didn’t get last minute surprised by tyreek we would have a pretty incredible team that would have hidden any warts we had.

Veach has a history of doing some magic with the waiver wire. So we’re not even close to done with this roster.
[Reply]
TEX 10:51 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC has no left tackle for next year. They maybe have a right tackle if Niang or Kinnard show anything.

The WR room next year is Moore, MVS, and Ross.

The DEs next year (assuming Clark is cut, which he should be) are Karlaftis, Kaindoh, and Herring.

DT needs more bodies.

Runningback room is a mess.

Cornerbacks look strong, linebackers could be great, safety is fine if we sign Thornhill. Interior OL is top notch and Mahomes is a top NFL QB with the right tools.

This is far from the strongest roster in the NFL. This roster is pop warner compared to Buffalo. Buffalo has a highly paid QB but has still managed to surround him with talent and a well built team. Brandon Beane is lapping Brett Veach at team building.

Agreed that this is a rebuild, but we’re look at a 2-3 year rebuild if most of the draft picks are hits.

Kelce will be 34 next year.
Pretty solid take except for the 2-3 year rebuild. IMO, It can be done this year and next.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:54 AM 09-26-2022
You could consider it a "rebuild year" for the defense, but so far the defense appears to be much further along than the offense. That shouldn't be happening, despite losing Hill.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs win yesterday if any number of ridiculous self-inflicted errors doesn’t happen.
Ok, lol. But that's pretty much how most non-shit teams lose in this league.

You make more plays than you make mistakes, and hope or force the other team to make more mistakes than you do.

Unless you're completely physically outmatached, which applies to only a handful of teams in this league, you lost because of self inflicted wounds.

Take the Chargers losing to the Chiefs for example.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:56 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Pretty solid take except for the 2-3 year rebuild. IMO, It can be done this year and next.
I’m counting 2022 as year 1, so IMO we’re going to need 1-2 more drafts to fill the remaining holes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok, lol. But that's pretty much how most non-shit teams lose in this league.

You make more plays than you make mistakes, and hope or force the other team to make more mistakes than you do.

Unless you're completely physically outmatached, which applies to only a handful of teams in this league, you lost because of self inflicted wounds.

Take the Chargers losing to the Chiefs for example.
I dunno. Remember the Houston game the Super Bowl year? That was an entire quarter of worse than we saw here.

Shit happens they're not robots. It is just awful though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 09-26-2022
And it's not just us.

Bills (who I keep hearing 20-0...for reasons...) lost to a Miami team they had no business losing to whilst Allen threw for 400 yards, the Bills ran 90 FUCKING PLAYS to Miami's 39. And lost.

Chargers got absolutely buttfucked by the JAGS.

Faid lost to the Tacks and are 0-3 (LOL WTF)

Saints were supposed to win the division and got blasted by Baker Mayfield

Viqueens barely edged out the Lions.

Bucs looked as bad as we did and The Pack looked a touch worse.

Cheating Fucking Donko Bitchcunts somehow won and achieved a moral loss.

There isn't a whole lot of sure things anywhere.

And I read the unders through 3 weeks are 29-17-1. That's a ton of bad football.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:09 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And it's not just us.

Bills (who I keep hearing 20-0...for reasons...) lost to a Miami team they had no business losing to whilst Allen threw for 400 yards, the Bills ran 90 FUCKING PLAYS to Miami's 39. And lost.

Chargers got absolutely buttfucked by the JAGS.

Faid lost to the Tacks and are 0-3 (LOL WTF)

Saints were supposed to win the division and got blasted by Baker Mayfield

Viqueens barely edged out the Lions.

Bucs looked as bad as we did and The Pack looked a touch worse.

Cheating Fucking Donko Bitchcunts somehow won and achieved a moral loss.

There isn't a whole lot of sure things anywhere.

And I read the unders through 3 weeks are 29-17-1. That's a ton of bad football.
Yes, yes.

It's early in the season. It took a massive amount of special teams fuck ups to lose this game. Every team will drop some odd games. They do every year.

Chiefs will likely still finish at the top of the AFC.

The team will get hot at some point.

I'm sure there will be games where our WR's have a good outing.

OBJ can turn his season around like he did last year.

All of that is true.

Doesn't change the fact that everyone in Chiefs kingdom should be pissed about yesterday.

We'll all vent. Get over it. Then it's on to the Bucs.

But today is vent day.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:10 AM 09-26-2022
I got murdered on facebook for saying this was a soft rebuild year on the twidwell shit take page.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:16 AM 09-26-2022

But today is vent day.
Okay, dude. That's all good to hear.

I thought we had lost you...
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 09-26-2022
Boy the "we're stacked at WR" stuff from the preseason and game 1 evaporated quickly.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 09-26-2022
Yes, yes.

It's early in the season. It took a massive amount of special teams **** ups to lose this game. Every team will drop some odd games. They do every year.

All of that is true.

Doesn't change the fact that everyone in Chiefs kingdom should be pissed about yesterday.

But today is vent day.
Yes. Good post Detox.

Much better than your normal drivel :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:32 AM 09-26-2022
Yes, yes.

It's early in the season. It took a massive amount of special teams fuck ups to lose this game. Every team will drop some odd games. They do every year.

All of that is true.

But today is vent day.
Fair.

I did my venting yesterday I suppose :-)

It’s just super weird that the whole NFL played like they were boozing watching Miss Davis shake her titties in their faces all night long.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up