ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:17 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Agreed - the amount of the investment hasn't been unreasonable (not like when we went 10 years without spending a pick on the 1st or 2nd day on off-ball linebackers).

But we have Mecole Hardman and MEH instead of Terry McLaurin and Tee Higgins. It hasn't been a plan problem - it's been an execution issue.
They haven't thrown enough at it. Period.

No fucking excuse to have a QB like Mahomes and have what might be the worst WR room in the league.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:19 AM 09-26-2022
I’ve noticed the team’s plans seem to be genius when we win and stupid when we lose.

It’s Week 3. We don’t know what we don’t know at this point.

Way too early to throw the bust label on Moore. Tyreek Hill had 6 catches for 43 yards after 3 games in his career. He won’t be Tyreek obviously, but it’s too early to judge.

Also, this coaching staff will absolutely play the guys they trust. For better or worse. Hell, how long did it take the staff to start taking snaps away from Sorensen last year?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

No fucking excuse to have a QB like Mahomes and have what might be the worst WR room in the league.
They’re going to need to do more coming up because right now we don’t really have shit next year.

They’ll probably keep Watson on another smaller deal but they’ll have to make a decision about MVS. And honestly he’s not earning that right now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:20 AM 09-26-2022
Sorry but I'm not seeing it.

Moore had a few bobbles/misreads on punts prior to the game. Some have mentioned it in previous threads even before yesterdays disaster.

He's not looked comfortable returning at all thus far, IMO. If you want him on KRs to get some experience and get a feel for the speed of the NFL - sure, that's fine.

But you can't have a skittish returner on punts. It put 7 points on the board AND killed the next offensive possession. That's a big big problem and I don't think it was nearly as unforeseeable as you do.
That's all fine and dandy, but if he gets a better feel for PRs, he gives you the highest ceiling.

The problem with yanking him off them is putting someone else there. Who do you put there that gives you what Moore does, if Moore can get the skill down? It's unclear to me, because Hardman is no good either.

I'm fine with the itchy trigger fingers on Pacheco at KR, because Hardman's good there.

I suppose McDuffie returned punts at training camp, but he's not coming down the mountainside for a few more weeks.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 09-26-2022

No ****ing excuse to have a QB like Mahomes and have what might be the worst WR room in the league.
Well, if Mahomes is the QB we all think and is getting paid what he is....well, make it work?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:20 AM 09-26-2022
And as far as Skyy is concerned, spare me the "Reid doesn't play rookies" bullshit.

They're starting a goddamn 7th round draft pick as a boundry corner (as a backup to yet another rookie starter) and we have a rookie DE gobbling up snaps over vets like Dunlap.

If Skyy Moore could show play making ability in camp/practice, his ass would be on the field.

It's not like the team is loaded with talent in front him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 AM 09-26-2022
Sorry but I'm not seeing it.

Moore had a few bobbles/misreads on punts prior to the game. Some have mentioned it in previous threads even before yesterdays disaster.

He's not looked comfortable returning at all thus far, IMO. If you want him on KRs to get some experience and get a feel for the speed of the NFL - sure, that's fine.

But you can't have a skittish returner on punts. It put 7 points on the board AND killed the next offensive possession. That's a big big problem and I don't think it was nearly as unforeseeable as you do.
He didn’t return punts in college right? I’m really not a fan of having a second round pick out there in meaningful games trying to learn how.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:24 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, if Mahomes is the QB we all think and is getting paid what he is....well, make it work?
Ask Aaron Rodger how many SB's that strategy helped him win.

It's fucking dumb. What's insane to me is that when we signed Watkins the whole damn fan base was on board with the concept that you load your franchise QB with premium skill position talent and we DON'T do what GB and NE does. Even fucking Veach was on record saying that.

...and here we are. Convincing yourselves that it's a solid strategy....crazy, man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 09-26-2022

I think we sometimes overestimate the difficulty of finding a 2nd/3rd day WR.

Kupp, Godwin, Kirk, Gallup, Sutton, Gage, Chark, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Deebo, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Renfrow, Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Mooney, Gabriel Davis, St. Brown - these are all quality young WRs taken in the 2nd round or later over the last few years.

Give us 2 of those guys and everything is much MUCH different in our WR room.

I don't think you NEED a true #1 to have an excellent passing game. But you need 3 quality WRs if you don't have one and right now I'm not seeing one.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:25 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He didn’t return punts in college right? I’m really not a fan of having a second round pick out there in meaningful games trying to learn how.
No he didn't. And he's not exactly this crazy shifty game breaker either. And yeah, he has looked hesitant this entire time fielding kicks. You can tell he's not a natural at it.

And all it took was one fuck up for him to go completely shell shocked on the next attempt.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:25 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They’re going to need to do more coming up because right now we don’t really have shit next year.

They’ll probably keep Watson on another smaller deal but they’ll have to make a decision about MVS. And honestly he’s not earning that right now.
MVS is under contract next year, for better or worse. He’s all we have besides Moore and Ross.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 09-26-2022

It's ****ing dumb. What's insane to me is that when we signed Watkins the whole damn fan base was on board with the concept that you load your franchise QB with premium skill position talent and we DON'T do what GB and NE does. Even ****ing Veach was on record saying that.

...and here we are. Convincing yourselves that it's a solid strategy....crazy, man.
I mean, sure.

Then you have to win games 44-41 cause your defense is in the trash.

Again, that was great as he was young and learning. But he's the half billion dollar QB. They've invested heavily on the OL, the TE makes alot of money, and they've thrown things at the WR spot (last minute with the Tyreek thing).

What are you suggesting?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ve noticed the team’s plans seem to be genius when we win and stupid when we lose.

It’s Week 3. We don’t know what we don’t know at this point.

Way too early to throw the bust label on Moore. Tyreek Hill had 6 catches for 43 yards after 3 games in his career. He won’t be Tyreek obviously, but it’s too early to judge.

Also, this coaching staff will absolutely play the guys they trust. For better or worse. Hell, how long did it take the staff to start taking snaps away from Sorensen last year?
I mean if that's what you think, you' haven't been paying much attention.

There HAVE been people trying to ring alarm bells regarding the WR room, the running game and some of our recent draft choices.

This isn't purely hindsight.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
MVS is under contract next year, for better or worse. He’s all we have besides Moore and Ross.
They can cut him after this year and only take a $4 million dead cap hit. Right now....he's not looking like he's worth keeping around.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:27 AM 09-26-2022

It's ****ing dumb. What's insane to me is that when we signed Watkins the whole damn fan base was on board with the concept that you load your franchise QB with premium skill position talent and we DON'T do what GB and NE does. Even ****ing Veach was on record saying that.

It’s a great strategy. The problem is execution. They aren’t ignoring weapons for Patrick. They spent a 1st on CEH, 2nd on Hardman and 2nd on Skyy.

CEH and Hardman suck. That’s the problem. Skyy is TBD but struggled yesterday.

It’s not bc of ignoring weapons or for a lack of trying
[Reply]
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up