ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
oldman 08:34 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You guys need to be patient. The entire WR corps minus Hardman is brand new. That’s 4 new WR’s that Patrick has to sync up with.

He doesn’t trust them bc he hasn’t had much time to get chemistry
How much time do you need? I'm not sure PMII trusts Hardman, either. I'll go along with Watson and Moore are pretty much unproven commodities, but MVS and Juju have been around and should know how to run a scramble drill. Another unanswered question is, where was Fortson yesterday? Put that big body in there instead of gadget Hardman.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 AM 09-26-2022
What a weird year. Usually it’s the defense that takes time to adjust and has talent deficiency issues.

Now it’s flipped. Brown Jr is the sore spot on the team and the offense is much different.

You guys need to be patient. The entire WR corps minus Hardman is brand new. That’s 4 new WR’s that Patrick has to sync up with.

It's not just us. I heard on a podcast the unders are 29-17-1. Holy shit.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 09-26-2022
Pat is gonna have to sack up and "trust" some guys at some point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, he was doing the same thing last year with that WR core.

So we're into 2 different WR groups that aren't getting open?
Wasn't the reason everyone was excited about this year's 'new approach' to the WR room because nobody but Kelce and Hill were capable of getting open last year?

And I think last year speaks to my qualification anyway. I acknowledged there absolutely were times last season where he was feeling phantom pressure. When he had guys but ran.

I'm not seeing that this year at all. He's having to move to create the throwing lanes and when he doesn't you're looking at a 50/50 ball to WRs that just aren't very good.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:37 AM 09-26-2022
What a weird year. Usually it’s the defense that takes time to adjust and has talent deficiency issues.

Now it’s flipped. Brown Jr is the sore spot on the team and the offense is much different.

I've seen Kelce running open a whole lot the last couple weeks and Mahomes just hasn't seen him. I know that's gonna happen sometimes but it's just unusual. Those guys are usually connected like the worm things in the upside down in Stranger Things.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wasn't the reason everyone was excited about this year's 'new approach' to the WR room because nobody but Kelce and Hill were capable of getting open last year?

And I think last year speaks to my qualification anyway. I acknowledged there absolutely were times last season where he was feeling phantom pressure. When he had guys but ran.

I'm not seeing that this year at all. He's having to move to create the throwing lanes and when he doesn't you're looking at a 50/50 ball to WRs that just aren't very good.
Yeah, I just don't agree. Everytime we see him "creating lanes" there's guys open.

The run around and make plays is all great, when it's needed. I don't believe it is.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:42 AM 09-26-2022
I'm not in panic mode, i feel like 90 percent of our problems were just coming out flat yesterday. Normally average teams over come the issues we had.
[Reply]
TEX 08:49 AM 09-26-2022
Pat is gonna have to sack up and "trust" some guys at some point.
If he trusts OBJ, he'll get killed. Fix the pass protection, and he will find the open WR's.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:51 AM 09-26-2022
But here's the problem with your theory - that's the only thing that's working.

When he stands in the pocket and these guys try to get open, they just...don't. Or JJSS half-asses a throw into traffic and it gets deflected for an interception.

Mahomes moving around is creating angles and throwing lanes that don't otherwise exist. And he HAS to do that because when he doesn't, his guys aren't winning reps and the windows aren't there.

At times he feels phantom pressure and scrambles out. But I don't think that's what is happening right now - I think he's scrambling out to change throwing lanes and create plays.

And until his WRs show ANY ability to get open in scheme and on time, that's what he's going to have to keep doing.
I didn’t notice it until I started seeing games live. My sense is the all-22 is also showing things the same way. But mahomes’ wizardry in the pocket this year is next level. And it’s a shame it’s wasted because guys just aren’t getting open. The biggest cluster was how often mvs runs hip to hip next to mecole and it doesn’t seem to be opening up anything.

Now… mahomes hasn’t been the most accurate this year and yesterday in particular he was putting too many passes behind his WRs. But many of those times it’s because he’s been forced to throw through an abnormal platform.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 09-26-2022
Wizardy in the pocket? He's running around when he doesn't need to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I didn’t notice it until I started seeing games live. My sense is the all-22 is also showing things the same way. But mahomes’ wizardry in the pocket this year is next level. And it’s a shame it’s wasted because guys just aren’t getting open. The biggest cluster was how often mvs runs hip to hip next to mecole and it doesn’t seem to be opening up anything.

Now… mahomes hasn’t been the most accurate this year and yesterday in particular he was putting too many passes behind his WRs. But many of those times it’s because he’s been forced to throw through an abnormal platform.
Yeah, his ball placement was rough yesterday.

But like you said - unless you're in the stands or watching all-22, just watching the QB doesn't give you a complete understanding of the issue here.

The WRs aren't getting open. It's a problem.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:56 AM 09-26-2022
I wish we had Kareem Hunt back. Or someone like him. Not just to improve our running game but to give us a big weapon out of the backfield in the passing game. It feels like we've really really missed that since he kicked a bitch. That was supposed to be Clyde's strength and it's why so many including myself were excited about drafting him. But we've barely seen a glimpse of it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-26-2022
It looks like a QB who doesn't trust the offense.
[Reply]
Best22 09:00 AM 09-26-2022
But here's the problem with your theory - that's the only thing that's working.

When he stands in the pocket and these guys try to get open, they just...don't. Or JJSS half-asses a throw into traffic and it gets deflected for an interception.

Mahomes moving around is creating angles and throwing lanes that don't otherwise exist. And he HAS to do that because when he doesn't, his guys aren't winning reps and the windows aren't there.

At times he feels phantom pressure and scrambles out. But I don't think that's what is happening right now - I think he's scrambling out to change throwing lanes and create plays.

And until his WRs show ANY ability to get open in scheme and on time, that's what he's going to have to keep doing.
Yeah I agree. Mahomes has been waiting in the pocket alot this year, more than usual. He’s really trusting his line. Even when pressure comes he continues to stay in the pocket more than usual

I don’t have a problem with that but it limits some of that spontaneous “Mahomes magic.”
[Reply]
RunKC 09:00 AM 09-26-2022
It looks like a QB who doesn't trust the offense.
Doesn’t trust his OL and has no chemistry with his new receivers. We saw it in preseason when Mahomes overthrew a wide open MVS vs Washington.

We saw it again in Indy.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up