ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:17 AM 09-26-2022
Read some interesting analysis this morning that we went from struggling to beat 2 high last year to this year we have WR's that can't beat man. It is always something
[Reply]
TEX 07:21 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Read some interesting analysis this morning that we went from struggling to beat 2 high last year to this year we have WR's that can't beat man. It is always something
They could have a much better chance if the OL gave them more time. Patrick is running for his life if he doesn't get rid of the ball immediately. Some of the longer ones he completes, he has to throw early. Both of our Tackles are terrible.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:02 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yup, which is why we are seeing tons of blitzers. We need our guys to beat man coverage. In veachs defense he had no idea we’d walk into this season without tyreek until the very last minute, and juju and easing skyy in were great options to complement tyreek. But without tyreek we either need skyy to step in sooner and/or we need another guy who can consistently win quick and short.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 09-26-2022
I think we need to calm down and realize it’s week 4
[Reply]
RunKC 08:05 AM 09-26-2022
What a weird year. Usually it’s the defense that takes time to adjust and has talent deficiency issues.

Now it’s flipped. Brown Jr is the sore spot on the team and the offense is much different.

You guys need to be patient. The entire WR corps minus Hardman is brand new. That’s 4 new WR’s that Patrick has to sync up with.

He doesn’t trust them bc he hasn’t had much time to get chemistry
[Reply]
oldman 08:08 AM 09-26-2022
Let's face it, our OL sucked yesterday, mostly at both OT spots. When you have a whole 58 yards on the ground and your QB has 26 of them, something isn't happening. The other thing to note is most of PMII's 26 yards were due to his running for his life. You can talk about the lack of a WR1 all you want, but if the QB doesn't have time to throw the ball, you might as well have a bunch of stone handed TEs out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:10 AM 09-26-2022
If you're gonna be hell bent on trying to run the football, you need to get Ronald Jones in there.

And given that I think it's also time for Hardman to be back on KR and PR duties, that tells me that you can go ahead and make Pacheco a gameday inactive as well. Jones, for everything he can't do, CAN run the ball. I still think he's the best pure runner we have.

And with the time you've freed up for Moore, you can try to work him into the passing game more. The WRs just aren't getting the job done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
This defense is going to force a lot of punts this season.
The offense has potential to score on ANY drive the possess the ball. I will settle for "some dude" that:

(A) can catch the ball 95% of the time it is punted
(B) doesn't get happy feet when other dudes are running at him with the intent to kill
(C) has an awareness where he is on the field/where the endzone is.
So I've gotta ask you the same question I asked Rico - what do you base this on?

OBJ appears to have regressed to his early season 2021 form. Trey Smith has not played to nearly the level he played last year. The WR room is a REAL problem and the RBs aren't looking much more productive than they were last season.

So apart from having Mahomes (who played very average football 2 weeks in a row) and Kelce (who dropped a TD and has looked a step slower on his YAC opportunities this year), what gives you the impression this is still an explosive offense?

I just do not see it. At all. This offense is having to work HARD for any progress it makes. Most any big play comes from a scramble drill because nobody is getting open on the designed timing of the plays. The RBs aren't seeing/hitting holes.

What is it this team does well offensively? It's pretty rough sledding.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:17 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you're gonna be hell bent on trying to run the football, you need to get Ronald Jones in there.

And given that I think it's also time for Hardman to be back on KR and PR duties, that tells me that you can go ahead and make Pacheco a gameday inactive as well. Jones, for everything he can't do, CAN run the ball. I still think he's the best pure runner we have.

And with the time you've freed up for Moore, you can try to work him into the passing game more. The WRs just aren't getting the job done.
RoJo is recovering from a brutal Pre-Season, I think his 8 carries did him in.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 09-26-2022
Everyone wanted a better defense. Everyone bitched about the offense scoring to fast.

Well, it's a capped league meant to make things even. They've spent all these resources on the defense, you got what you wanted.

Here we are.

It's time for Mahomes to stay in the pocket and throw the football. Stop taking off at the first little hint of a pass rusher running behind you.
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 09-26-2022
It's also week 3 in a season you turned over the entire WR core.

Let it marinate for a while.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone wanted a better defense. Everyone bitched about the offense scoring to fast.

Well, it's a capped league meant to make things even. They've spent all these resources on the defense, you got what you wanted.

Here we are.

It's time for Mahomes to stay in the pocket and throw the football. Stop taking off at the first little hint of a pass rusher running behind you.
But here's the problem with your theory - that's the only thing that's working.

When he stands in the pocket and these guys try to get open, they just...don't. Or JJSS half-asses a throw into traffic and it gets deflected for an interception.

Mahomes moving around is creating angles and throwing lanes that don't otherwise exist. And he HAS to do that because when he doesn't, his guys aren't winning reps and the windows aren't there.

At times he feels phantom pressure and scrambles out. But I don't think that's what is happening right now - I think he's scrambling out to change throwing lanes and create plays.

And until his WRs show ANY ability to get open in scheme and on time, that's what he's going to have to keep doing.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:30 AM 09-26-2022
So I've gotta ask you the same question I asked Rico - what do you base this on?

OBJ appears to have regressed to his early season 2021 form. Trey Smith has not played to nearly the level he played last year. The WR room is a REAL problem and the RBs aren't looking much more productive than they were last season.

So apart from having Mahomes (who played very average football 2 weeks in a row) and Kelce (who dropped a TD and has looked a step slower on his YAC opportunities this year), what gives you the impression this is still an explosive offense?

I just do not see it. At all. This offense is having to work HARD for any progress it makes. Most any big play comes from a scramble drill because nobody is getting open on the designed timing of the plays. The RBs aren't seeing/hitting holes.

What is it this team does well offensively? It's pretty rough sledding.
Yep, last year we did have the Green Bay game which offensively was even worse than yesterday, but yesterday's game is very concerning for the reasons you mention. This combo of OTs and WRs is not going to generate an elite offense I fear.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 09-26-2022

When he stands in the pocket and these guys try to get open, they just...don't. Or JJSS half-asses a throw into traffic and it gets deflected for an interception.

Mahomes moving around is creating angles and throwing lanes that don't otherwise exist. And he HAS to do that because when he doesn't, his guys aren't winning reps and the windows aren't there.

At times he feels phantom pressure and scrambles out. But I don't think that's what is happening right now - I think he's scrambling out to change throwing lanes and create plays.

And until his WRs show ANY ability to get open in scheme and on time, that's what he's going to have to keep doing.
Well, he was doing the same thing last year with that WR core.

So we're into 2 different WR groups that aren't getting open?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:33 AM 09-26-2022

This play pretty much encapsulates our entire offense yesterday:

This was the second offensive play for KC. They are in 13 personnel and Mahomes has a 2-on-1 with Colts LB #58. Kelce is drawing the coverage, just check it down to CEH. Mahomes instead holds on to the ball and tries to make a play. pic.twitter.com/t1klORAsqd

— Daniel Harms🏈 (@InHarmsWay19) September 26, 2022

They got pressure on Patrick with 4 DL. By the time Patrick was set to throw their LB’s dropped to the middle of the field.

It was 7 vs 4 back there all day. An absolute mismatch.

And why wouldn’t it be? The Chiefs can’t run the ball so why have backers run down hill? They don’t even like running so why defend the run?

Patrick clearly wants to go downfield so why defend the flat until they make you? I mean if you can’t run the ball you should at least stretch the LB’s to the outside with swing passes to open up the middle of the field, no? And no screens hardly at all. I think we ran 1 screen?

This was the Bengals part 2. They dropped everybody back in coverage and we had no answer for it bc we couldn’t run the damn ball
[Reply]
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up