« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**OH-FISSHUL Replace Eric Bieniemy with Matt Nagy THREAD**
rabblerouser 12:35 PM 09-25-2022
You are wearing Nike gear, Andy.

Just do it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:39 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Bieniemy is calling the plays. Like Chris Simms notes, sometimes our offense has no rhyme or reason, or not building one play off another.

Does that sound like Reid to you? Bieniemy was over due LAST season.
I mean...

The 2nd half of the Colts playoff loss in Jan 2014
The 4th qtr and OT of the loss to Denver in Sept 2015
The 2nd half of Titans "forward progress" playoff loss
The 2nd half of BOTH Bengals game last year
Yesterday

Yeah. 3 different OCs and 2 different QBs...the common denominator is Andy Reid.

So maybe it IS Andy who needs to go.

Look, teams, like life, are built on energy, communication, cohesion, and effort.

Fuck the X's and O's part (give me a month and I could probably be an OC for Reid) but if Beinemy is as toxic as pretty much everyone says behind closed doors, coupled with his past, AND the offense not being consistent...and Reid won't get rid of him, then we may have to move on from Reid. Because it's no longer cohesive.

Won't happen, Clark Hunt will allow Andy Reid will be the Head Coach and de facto Administrator of Football Operations of the Kansas City Chiefs for as long as Reid wants to be here.

And that in and of itself may be the problem : his legacy is now secure, he doesn't really care about winning another Super Bowl, and he doesn't HAVE to care about winning another Super Bowl.

And it shows.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:46 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bigger concern is the OL. They are not as good as we thought.
Interior is still a blue chip tour de force, Smith is just dinged up a bit and not quite himself just yet
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:52 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
We all know Reid is the one running the offense & the team, which is why nobody will give EB a head coaching job.
There's more to it than that.

Beyond the DUIs and giving drugs/booze to his players while he coached in college (who in turn gave drugs/booze to underage girls in a scandal that got swept under a rug), but when he was a player he beat a woman up and told her that "getting raped by a gang of *n-words* would be her worst nightmare"

THAT'S why no one wanted to hire him.

Yeah, he's actually a grade-d piece of shit. The NFL (and I'm sure Clark Hunt) pleaded with the Saints to hire him (they're in NFL purgatory for the drug scandal that 'Bountygate was designed to cover up anyway; they won't be good for years anyway.)

And even though the Saints have no chance of being good anyway, and it literally doesn't matter how good their coach is or isn't...they want absolutely nothing to do with Eric Bieniemy, and damn sure didn't want his toxic ass making things worse for their already beleaguered organization.

"Thanks, but no thanks. We don't care how cheap he is, we'll find another way to suck."

For real. It's like THAT with him.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:05 PM 09-26-2022
10 days to prepare.

[Reply]
raybec 4 06:10 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I mean...

Yesterday

Yeah. 3 different OCs and 2 different QBs...the common denominator is Andy Reid.

Look, teams, like life, are built on energy, communication, cohesion, and effort.

**** the X's and O's part (give me a month and I could probably be an OC for Reid) but if Beinemy is as toxic as pretty much everyone says behind closed doors, coupled with his past, AND the offense not being consistent...and Reid won't get rid of him, then we may have to move on from Reid. Because it's no longer cohesive.

Won't happen, Clark Hunt will allow Andy Reid will be the Head Coach and de facto Administrator of Football Operations of the Kansas City Chiefs for as long as Reid wants to be here.

And that in and of itself may be the problem : his legacy is now secure, he doesn't really care about winning another Super Bowl, and he doesn't HAVE to care about winning another Super Bowl.

And it shows.
4 AFCCG's at home in a row but Andy doesn't care? I hope this is sarcasm.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 06:19 PM 09-26-2022
I don't think this one is totally on andy. The colts were running the ball a lot early in the game. It was chewing some clock. The defense was holding it's ground more or less. Moores fumble took a possession away from us. We didn't really try and run the ball early. Mahomes took that deep shot on third and I get it was single coverage but even if they sync up on that pass it's a 50\50 chance. Convert that with something shorter and we probably go down the field and score. He was pressing at that point.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:34 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
4 AFCCG's at home in a row but Andy doesn't care? I hope this is sarcasm.
4 in a row at home...but 1 SB trophy to show for it.

My opinion is that if he cared, truly gave a shit, the disharmony that is obviously created by Bieniemy's presence would have been eliminated in the offseason.

Would rather have had Kafka...but I hear Kafka wanted away from Bieniemy, too.

Worst kept secret in the NFL.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:36 PM 09-26-2022
4 in a row at home...but 1 SB trophy to show for it.

My opinion is that if he cared, truly gave a shit, the disharmony that is obviously created by Bieniemy's presence would have been eliminated in the offseason.

Would rather have had Kafka...but I hear Kafka wanted away from Bieniemy, too.

Worst kept secret in the NFL.
Reid doesn’t care, he just wants to play with his toys.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:41 PM 09-26-2022
i stand by everything marty wrote but this wasn't part of that

mahomes is just too aggressive sometimes
[Reply]
007 06:50 PM 09-26-2022
All I could think on that drive was td or bust. Andy had no faith in the kicker and shut it down is my bet.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:03 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i stand by everything marty wrote but this wasn't part of that

mahomes is just too aggressive sometimes
Did Marty write that story from Belize?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:13 PM 09-26-2022
I mean...

Yesterday

Fuck the X's and O's part (give me a month and I could probably be an OC for Reid) but if Beinemy is as toxic as pretty much everyone says behind closed doors, coupled with his past, AND the offense not being consistent...and Reid won't get rid of him, then we may have to move on from Reid. Because it's no longer cohesive.

And it shows.
Oh my.... stop.

Three of the five instances you bring up are before we won a Super Bowl and one is a regular season game that we lost by one score without our kicker who would've clearly made the difference in this one. And you have over 9 years of games to choose from.

You keep rotating into and out of insanity and I just wish you'd pick a side between Jekyll and Hyde.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:07 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh my.... stop.

Three of the five instances you bring up are before we won a Super Bowl and one is a regular season game that we lost by one score without our kicker who would've clearly made the difference in this one. And you have over 9 years of games to choose from.

You keep rotating into and out of insanity and I just wish you'd pick a side between Jekyll and Hyde.
*shrugs*

Sometimes, you feel like a nut...
[Reply]
BWillie 08:21 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Bieniemy is calling the plays. Like Chris Simms notes, sometimes our offense has no rhyme or reason, or not building one play off another.

Does that sound like Reid to you? Bieniemy was over due LAST season.
I agree.

Its in EBs contract to call the plays. Now Reid makes the scheme but he can't override every play.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:43 PM 09-26-2022
Then we might as well call 75 yr old Al Saunders & tell him to get his bony ass and his walker to KC. He can coach the WRs..... AND make Pete Carroll feel young again...all at once.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up