Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**OH-FISSHUL Replace Eric Bieniemy with Matt Nagy THREAD**
rabblerouser 12:35 PM 09-25-2022
You are wearing Nike gear, Andy.

Just do it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:28 AM 09-26-2022
Team hasn't really been the same since the 2020 SB loss. We are starting to see some cracks in the armor of the team. Two meltdowns against the Bengals last year and this disaster. At some point, the message becomes stale and the player lose faith.

At times, it looks like the team just expects Mahomes to always save them. The NFL has adjusted to Andy and Patrick, can they adjust to the NFL?

I had hoped that it wouldn't happen in KC however, teams struggle when the QB gets the big salary and the players around them get traded over money concerns. Why did I think it wouldn't happen here?
[Reply]
JPH83 03:39 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Heres what bothers me most though….

Today, it looked like we were expecting cover 3 and ended up getting cover 2

Last week it looked like we were expecting deep zone and we got heavy blitzing

Our game plan especially this week doesn’t look like it adjusted a single bit. If our OC isn’t calling plays shouldn’t he be able to pick this up. Because it sure looked like our game plan never changed even though we were scheming against the wrong defense.

I think this is a fair observation. It doesn't feel like we're as strong as we might be at identifying and shifting focus. If we're honest some of these problems were also present last year. I don't think everything is on EB at all - the OL under Heck is not holding up as well as expected and Toub deserves plenty of grief for the ST performance this week.

BUT, I think there are points where a new voice is needed alongside some fresh ideas. The grass isn't always greener but sometimes you've got to give it a go.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:40 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Team hasn't really been the same since the 2020 SB loss. We are starting to see some cracks in the armor of the team. Two meltdowns against the Bengals last year and this disaster. At some point, the message becomes stale and the player lose faith.

At times, it looks like the team just expects Mahomes to always save them. The NFL has adjusted to Andy and Patrick, can they adjust to the NFL?

I had hoped that it wouldn't happen in KC however, teams struggle when the QB gets the big salary and the players around them get traded over money concerns. Why did I think it wouldn't happen here?
Don’t fumble inside the 5, make your field goals and extra points, and don’t extend drives with dumb penalties. Chiefs are fine. They fell into a trap game against a desperate team and still almost won despite gifting the Colts 10 points and leaving a bunch of points on the field.

I doubt they do anything remotely resembling that kind of performance again the rest of the season.

The AFC West looks atrocious — don’t get too down on this one game — we have a screw up like this every year. If we still host the Championship game in January it won’t matter.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Don’t fumble inside the 5, make your field goals and extra points, and don’t extend drives with dumb penalties. Chiefs are fine. They fell into a trap game against a desperate team and still almost won despite gifting the Colts 10 points and leaving a bunch of points on the field.

I doubt they do anything remotely resembling that kind of performance again the rest of the season.

The AFC West looks atrocious — don’t get too down on this one game — we have a screw up like this every year. If we still host the Championship game in January it won’t matter.
Im not in any panic by any stretch but being in a position to barely win against an 0-2 team isn’t much to celebrate. The problem is that In back to back weeks our offense, our strong suit, has outright sputtered and it’s a carryover from last season. So far we don’t seem to have solved issues we had all off-season to figure out. We still have two vertical guys out there when what we need is guys who can win short and beat man. Our scheme in back to back games did not adjust to the defense they threw at us. As much as Patrick has not been sharp it does not look like he’s given the players or the scheme to be successful.

We have to hope and pray that Pacheco shows something he’s struggled to show us. I like skyy moore but we have to hope he is not only good but good enough to have a trickle down effect where our WRs can start beating the coverages we couldn’t beat last year.

Because it’s not too late to make adjustments if we don’t. If we don’t have the right coaches for this, if we assume Eb is unfireable then bring in a special consultant. If we don’t have the right WRs or RBs in the room then go out and get one. Corey Davis for example has been rumored to be on the trade block and he could be an interesting option for us.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:23 AM 09-26-2022
On top of that from a coaching perspective we need new ideas. Bieniemy is not an Xs and Os guy. I think Nagy will be fine but we need someone with an actual plan to beat zone because to date we still think we are going to beat this by throwing a bunch of speed vertical guys. It’s not like we need elite personnel but right now it’s looking like we have some of the wrong personnel. We can’t have 0 rushing yards against defenses daring us to run. We can’t have mvs and Hardman on the field at the same time. Hell, our original plan was to put hill alongside mvs, maybe even hardman too.

So the question remains… do we think Pacheco or rojo solves our running game? Does skyy moore help us beat the deep zones and man coverage like we think they will? Right now it looks like the league’s adjustment is to date our receivers to beat them. And they haven’t proven they can. How much can you do with an offense where the defense doesn’t at all respect the run or the pass?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Mahomes wanting to run a bigger play

EB knowing our oline is shit and mitigating any further damage

Both of those sentiments are fine, its the way they communicate with each other thats problematic

Mahomes is obviously our future so the other participant in these toxic exchanges needs to go
yeah I mean I don't disagree but like they called a fake fg on 4th and 10 and the last play of the half they call a run. mahomes shouldn't take shit like that personally but I mean c'mon that is kind of an insult to his abilities. I can't say I wouldn't have called EB a retard if I were mahomes
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:37 AM 09-26-2022
I don't want Nagy as the OC either. Understandable that EB may need to move on. No matter what player you are, can't argue with your coach on the sideline though. Not the place. It gives the appearance of not being coachable. Handle that shit in the locker room.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:45 AM 09-26-2022
We need to make Mahomes happy. If that means firing Bienemy then we should do it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:48 AM 09-26-2022

Patrick Mahomes vs Eric Bienemy. Wow.pic.twitter.com/QmTz8swPk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:49 AM 09-26-2022
Just get him the fuck off the team, he clearly can design run plays for his fucking players. Constantly trying to make shit work that doesnt work. Cute plays when we dont need them.

W T F are we doing.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:04 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Mahomes is what 27? Even if Mahomes is pissed and yelling at him, EB shouldn't have engaged. Looks like EB said something to piss Mahomes off which he should have saved until the cameras weren't on them. Pat doesn't look like he's ready to start arguing until EB says something (or responds to something Pat says). EB's job is to handle that shit and be the more mature one
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:08 AM 09-26-2022

[Reply]
-King- 08:17 AM 09-26-2022
Easy fix, if EB is the one calling plays, give that duty back to Reid. If Reid is the one calling plays, take EB out of the loop. It's nonsensical that they have the system they have at this point.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:24 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Sounds like EB is just Andy Reid's "bad cop" while Andy plays the good cop with the players. We all know Reid is the one running the offense & the team, which is why nobody will give EB a head coaching job.
[Reply]
bobbything 08:27 AM 09-26-2022
I don’t know if it’s Bienemy but Mahomes looks “reigned in” this year.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up