ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
penguinz 09:52 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Idk, OBJ looked pretty bad, and it caused Patrick to roll out to his right more.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:52 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
OBJ looked "pretty bad"?

:-)
I could be wrong, but seemed a lot of pressure was coming from the left side of the line.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:53 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Absolutely. I stay high!!
[Reply]
penguinz 09:54 AM 09-12-2022

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 AM 09-12-2022
Did anyone watch Chargers vs Raiders?

Chargers had one of the worst run defenses in football last year. It looks like Josh Jacobs had some success on the ground, but only got 10 carries.

Were the Raiders trying too hard to show case Adams? In a close game, they could’ve taken some pressure off of Carr with more balance. Instead they were 75-25 Pass-Run.

Sounds like a bad gameplan that played into the Chargers strengths.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Brown did play well, but he gave up a pressure to Markus Golden that forced a punt at one point.

Just for information's sake.
One of Golden's pressures was completely unblocked. They let him free by design.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 09-12-2022
Me too but it doesn't make me go blind. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Chargers had one of the worst run defenses in football last year. It looks like Josh Jacobs had some success on the ground, but only got 10 carries.

Were the Raiders trying too hard to show case Adams? In a close game, they could’ve taken some pressure off of Carr with more balance. Instead they were 75-25 Pass-Run.

They got behind and threw it alot.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:57 AM 09-12-2022
Anyway!

This game will be fascinating, because I have these teams down as evenly matched.

Full strength, I'm a big believer in the Chargers, but losing Keenan Allen again turns their amazing offense into a merely very good offense. And if that's the case, we should be able to gum up their works enough, even without McDuffie on the field. Our secondary is deeper in talent than their WR room.

Can the DL hold up against the run. Can Bolton and Gay improve on their run fits from Week 1. The Chargers run game looks to be a lot stronger on paper than it was last year. If the DL can mostly manage the run game (that is a big if), then I think we have what it takes to take this game more often than not. My fear is that the Chargers run game is on, and it compromises our secondary's integrity and now the game is wide open.

I am going to safely assume that they're going to give Wylie a ton of help to manage Mack and Bosa, and this is the first game OBJ has to prove his mettle, because we just don't have the manpower to give him a lot of help. If he can hold up on an island, I think we take this game more often than not. If OBJ struggles, the offense is going to get gummed up.

But if Mahomes consistently gets a pocket, can he consistently beat 8-man drops with a spy? The Chargers are not idiots, they're not going to blitz him 50% of the time like the Cardinals did. And even without JC Jackson, they're deep in the secondary. This is going to be the first clear indication of how good this WR room is.

I want to see injury reports before I weigh in on this game. But I still think these teams are about equal with maybe a leg up for the Chiefs, given that there's no Keenan Allen in this game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 09-12-2022

Part of it was the Raiders playing from behind.

Part of it was Carr zeroing in on Adams as if he was the only guy on the field.

Both teams mostly played like ass in the first half, too.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:58 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Brown did play well, but he gave up a pressure to Markus Golden that forced a punt at one point.

Just for information's sake.
On the 3rd and 3 in the first half?

I was borderline on whether that would be counted as a pressure. Mahomes had a bunch of space to step up on that one.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:59 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They got behind and threw it alot.
Their largest deficit was 14 in the first half, and they got the ball to start the second half.

Seems like a dumb reason to abandon ship so early.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:04 AM 09-12-2022
Their largest deficit was 14 in the first half, and they got the ball to start the second half.

Seems like a dumb reason to abandon ship so early.
But... Josh McDaniels is their coach.

I expect idiocy from the coaching staff more often than not, as a result.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:05 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Me too but it doesn't make me go blind. :-)
:-) In my defense I was busy running new wires in my attic, and installing a ceiling fan, so I wasn’t fully involved in the game like I’d hoped to be. But from the little bit I got to see it seemed like the most pressure was coming from the left, and I’m sure it wasn’t Thuney. But I’ve been very wrong many times, and this could be one of those!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:06 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
But... Josh McDaniels is their coach.

I expect idiocy from the coaching staff more often than not, as a result.
Fair point. That’s probably the most likely explanation.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up