ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:58 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I understand CEH had great college film. I get it. The tape was there.

But seriously, how did they ever think a small, physically weak RB with 4.6 speed was worth a first round pick in the modern NFL? I just don’t get it, and I never will. I feel like other teams had him pretty high on their boards too, so it wasn’t just us.

Did he lose some pop permanently with his injury? Do teams just overvalue LSU players? I can’t think of a good explanation.
Honestly, I don't think his tape was all-world. It was good, but not a guy you pound the table for. He seems to be the Ryan Sims of that LSU offense. Every time you see a really well-performing offensive or defensive unit, you know there's going to be one guy out there that is a byproduct of it rather than the reason for it. I still don't understand the pick.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:04 PM 08-20-2022
Sign Carlos Hyde
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:14 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, we need to find a way to get Pachecho's 4 rushes for 8 yards on the field. That guy showed a lot more than Clyde's identical 2yds per carry.
Your eyes are lying to you

Even if it turns out that he lacks vision, wiggle, or whatever its called... he is still a very big dude running a sub 4.4, just get him in space and he'll eclipse CEH like the moon crossing the sun
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:19 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Darwin Thompson got first team reps. It's preseason. I feel nothing.
In training camp, maybe. But not in the preseason. He never got those first team reps. He was a 3rd/4th quarter guy, and fans were clamoring for him to get more meaningful snaps against higher competition.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:21 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
McKinnon is actually really good at pass protection.

His issue is injuries
and the fact that when he's effective - Andy just stops using him for God only knows why....! Ugh I'm never going to forget that shit
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:22 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Your eyes are lying to you

Even if it turns out that he lacks vision, wiggle, or whatever its called... he is still a very big dude running a sub 4.4, just get him in space and he'll eclipse CEH like the moon crossing the sun
Sure, but you could've said the exact same thing about Gore last year as he had more explosion than CEH in limited opportunities.

Clyde has set the bar really low but Pachecho hasn't done a whole lot to leap over it thus far. But I agree at this point it at least seems like he should have more potential given the size and speed.

Just...show something please?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:34 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
In training camp, maybe. But not in the preseason. He never got those first team reps. He was a 3rd/4th quarter guy, and fans were clamoring for him to get more meaningful snaps against higher competition.
Not exactly true. He was a second quarter guy - like right at the start of the second quarter - in that preseason. And that was the preseason where they featured Hyde with the 1's and then traded him.

I do think he was a 2nd team guy though and not where Pachecho is at this point, but that probably says more about where the team was with Damien Williams then vs Clyde now than what it says about Darwin vs Pachecho.

I.e., no one - not even the Chiefs - think Clyde is the clear answer. But we got by with West and Ware when Charles went down and this offense can cobble things together with a Clyde/Pachecho/McKinnon backfield.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:43 PM 08-20-2022
Really nothing to learn from the RBs today.

Run blocking wasn't good at all going against a stout front 4.

It's one of the hardest positions to judge in a preseason game either way, because it's impossible for them to get in any sort of rhythm.

I'm going to at least let these guys get more than (not even) a handful of carries.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:44 PM 08-20-2022
I feel like this preseason is more about showing that Mahomes can throw and score without Tyreek, without a running game. Let's face it, it's not like we've had a ton of rushes to look at, and it's not like rushing is they way this offense moves. It would be nice to see CEH do something but we're not running the ball anyway, so...

...that said, I've been waiting to see his pass catching ability out of the backfield since he got drafted...still waiting...
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:48 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sure, but you could've said the exact same thing about Gore last year as he had more explosion than CEH in limited opportunities.

Clyde has set the bar really low but Pachecho hasn't done a whole lot to leap over it thus far. But I agree at this point it at least seems like he should have more potential given the size and speed.

Just...show something please?
Yeah its definitely true that the camp hype hasn't been equaled on the field just yet... but I can't deny that the hype is being broadcast by our coaches, not just media stooges

I just get the feeling that things are going to click with him, sooner than later... even if he's just a beefed up Knile Davis, thats still more than we've gotten from CEH

Davis at least had some game altering and game winning plays

A good comparison might be tonights foe, Antonio Gibson... maybe not the most fluid and natural looking RB but is silky smooth on passes, explosive potential
[Reply]
Coogs 07:52 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I feel like this preseason is more about showing that Mahomes can throw and score without Tyreek, without a running game. Let's face it, it's not like we've had a ton of rushes to look at, and it's not like rushing is they way this offense moves. It would be nice to see CEH do something but we're not running the ball anyway, so...

...that said, I've been waiting to see his pass catching ability out of the backfield since he got drafted...still waiting...
The first two drives were 24 plays total. 12 plays each. 19 passes vs 5 runs. Kind of surprising with that ratio we didn’t pop a decent run out of the 5. We did hear someone was tipping the plays off from the Bengals players after the AFC Championship game. Wonder if that is still happening? And who if so?
[Reply]
jettio 07:58 PM 08-20-2022
Thread is obligatory for those that do not know shit about NFL football.

There’s a new cba that limits contact practices and NFL teams try not to get players injured in preseason.

NFL teams are not trying to run the ball in a preseason game.

Those plays were not designed to exploit a defenses tendencies and they were not designed to block all defenders.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:15 PM 08-20-2022
I guess I missed the plays where the line made a hole to run though in the middle of the line.
I think the problems are more run blocking timing (which takes the longest time to come around in the preseason and the first few games of the season), than who's running into a pile of men at the line of scrimmage..
[Reply]
Coogs 08:31 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I guess I missed the plays where the line made a hole to run though in the middle of the line.
I think the problems are more run blocking timing (which takes the longest time to come around in the preseason and the first few games of the season), than who's running into a pile of men at the line of scrimmage..
Didn't the opponents run for 9 yards up the middle on the 3rd play of the game?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Didn't the opponents run for 9 yards up the middle on the 3rd play of the game?
Different teams prioritize different things.

I keep using this as an example but last preseason our DL looked stout and unstoppable and then by week 2 against the Ravens we were the laughingstock of the league.

Really don't think it's worth reading too much into anything we're seeing right now given how vanilla the schemes are and without knowing what we're really trying to emphasize and test out.

The connection between Mahomes and the receivers is about 10,000 times as important to the success of the season than how effective Clyde is. That's just the reality. So be content that our passing game at least looks exactly like how we would've wanted to script it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up