ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 435
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334374424 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:38 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Agreed. At this point, playing him accomplishes nothing.
Yukking it up on the sideline during a blowout loss is the worst possible look, it says all the wrong things to guys making far less money than him... if these coaches have a single hair on their nutsack, he rides the bench for at least the next several games
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:16 AM 10-26-2021
Is it the talent or Brendan Daly? Both?

Kpass has 3 sacks on the season. More than Clark and Jones combined.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:27 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Yeah heard that stat on him last night, disgusting

The best answer is both, IMO
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 10-26-2021

I think both. Jones is playing out of position and Clark has lost the fire and hunger he once had. Reed wasn't this bad in Seattle. He's an absolute non factor.
[Reply]
notorious 09:58 AM 10-26-2021
Dude has checked out.

Maybe something will light a fire under his ass, but I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 10-26-2021
Frank hasn't checked out. I just saw him dive through the air trying to sack Tannehill. He almost got there.

Physically, he's just not there though.
[Reply]
-King- 10:28 AM 10-26-2021

Wow. I didn't know that. Looking at the stats Ogbah also has more sacks than Jones and Clark combined. We have a coaching and player evaluation problem.
[Reply]
notorious 10:34 AM 10-26-2021
KPass has been on the field more than Clark and Jones combined.

Broke Dicks don't get sacks when sitting out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 10-26-2021

K-pass probably had the biggest play of the game last night. His sack on 3rd down pushed the Seahawks back far enough for their FG attempt to take the lead to push left. Then Nola used the field position to go kick a FG of their own to take the lead.

Now he didn't really do anything - just charged forward and for whatever reason the C seemed confused. He locked on the blitzer despite the RB setting up to take him on. By the time he realized he needed to slide over, it was too late and K-Pass went by him.

It's a sack most DL would've been able to get. Then again - I'm still not sure Clark is one of 'em.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 10-29-2021
Chadiha on 810 - several Chiefs party it up after losses and don't care

Transcript:

"You can only be that bad defensively over a period of time...it erodes the trust within the team. You mentioned Tyrann Mathieu getting upset when the coverages get blown. That stuff pisses people off."

"What's happening with Frank Clark and Chris Jones, that stuff drives people crazy because they're getting paid."

"After they lost to Buffalo, people were saying there's not enough people on the team who get upset over losses. There's some guys who can't sleep, and there's some who go right to the club."

"That's a splintering as well. You can't win a championship if you have a horrible unit on your team."

https://omny.fm/shows/the-border-pat...3-395d720310f5

If it’s what I think you mean, it’s towards the end of this appearance. https://t.co/99aWo9N8SV

— �������������� ���������������� aka Todd C. Barton (@toddcbarton) October 28, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:18 AM 10-29-2021
Bench the dudes who go to the club. It’s that simple. Doesn’t matter who the fuck it is.
[Reply]
notorious 10:19 AM 10-29-2021
I’m shocked! /nobody
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:00 AM 10-29-2021
Something I think about a lot is how all of the local and national pundits say stuff like, "The Chiefs don't need a top 10 defense. They just can't be historically bad. Just average, or even a little below average, is good enough."

The players all hear that shit. I'd probably have a tough time getting motivated for my job if I heard every day, "We know you suck, can you just please try to be mediocre today?", especially if my job entailed risking permanent injury. Obviously they're getting paid a ton and should be professionals. I'm not defending the players. I'm only saying I can see how it happens. They are human beings.

It seems to be the same dynamic with Clark and Jones that happened with Houston and Berry. They say all the right things, but their body language and lack of going all out on every play says they're just picking up a paycheck.

I think Honey Badger polices the secondary pretty well. But we need more guys who play with fire and we need our best players to lead by example. That hasn't happened in the front 7 since we had DJ and Hali in their primes. Bolton could emerge as a leader for the LBs. But we desperately need a stud DE who plays hungry.

The first thing we need to do after this season is unload Jones imo. He's too talented for Reid to bench, and it's just not Reid's style to publicly humiliate a player like that. But I truly think his lack of effort is a cancer that infects the rest of the team.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The first thing we need to do after this season is unload Jones imo. He's too talented for Reid to bench, and it's just not Reid's style to publicly humiliate a player like that. But I truly think his lack of effort is a cancer that infects the rest of the team.
$32M dead money. No cap savings.

Can't cut or trade til 2023.

Frank Clark is a goner.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:09 AM 10-29-2021
Are you sure we can't trade him and not take the cap hit? The KC Lab guys guessed we could still trade him for a high second round pick.
[Reply]
Page 324 of 435
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334374424 > Last »
Up