ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 435
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:56 PM 12-01-2019
I’m not gonna even bother to read all this shit right now but just know this—regardless of your views about Clark right now—you’d better hope he can play moving forward. Cause this team is going absolutely no where without both he and Jones.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:30 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m not gonna even bother to read all this shit right now but just know this—regardless of your views about Clark right now—you’d better hope he can play moving forward. Cause this team is going absolutely no where without both he and Jones.
Why do you think some of us are so frustrated?

We know this. This team needs Clark to step up when it matters and today was a really good test.

And he failed it. Badly.

The complete absence of a running game will mean that the D is gonna have to come through in the post season a time or two, especially since we arent getting a bye. We are aware of how critical Frank Clark is.

That's why "HE WAS CHIPPED!!" or "He ALMOST made a play!" Doesn't move the needle for a guy who was to anchor the defense and was a 'potential DPOY...'
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:32 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clark has been hurt most of this season unfortunately, but no he or any player was ever going to be worth that deal and that’s why you should be pissed from the moment it was made. It was a no win situation.

Both him and Chris Jones have not met expectations this year
It was a dumb trade that's for damn sure. Then again this is the same GM who gave huge money to brokedick Sammy Watkins so I'm not surprised.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:34 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why do you think some of us are so frustrated?

We know this. This team needs Clark to step up when it matters and today was a really good test.

And he failed it. Badly.

The complete absence of a running game will mean that the D is gonna have to come through in the post season a time or two, especially since we arent getting a bye. We are aware of how critical Frank Clark is.

That's why "HE WAS CHIPPED!!" or "He ALMOST made a play!" Doesn't move the needle for a guy who was to anchor the defense and was a 'potential DPOY...'
How can we even make much of an assessment based on today though?

He basically played one half. And in the half that he did play, they were running it down our throats (away from Clark almost exclusively).

That 2nd half was gonna be his first real shot to rush the passer a little bit... never really came together with the injury obviously.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:38 PM 12-01-2019
Veach gave us a pretty damn good draft class this year. If that's a continuing trend for the future, even if future classes aren't quite as successful as this one, we don't really need him to be his usual "aggressive" self in free agency.

In fact, even if he's shitty at drafting, I'd prefer that he stop being "aggressive." Keep doing those nibble-around-the-edges trades and deals and start using your 1st round picks instead of trading them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
How can we even make much of an assessment based on today though?

He basically played one half. And in the half that he did play, they were running it down our throats (away from Clark almost exclusively).

That 2nd half was gonna be his first real shot to rush the passer a little bit... never really came together with the injury obviously.
Because I can probably find you 3-5 plays where he was completely abused in that short sample size.

And we traded for a broke dick.

I'm really supposed to say "oh, well he did nothing then got hurt so I guess I cant judge him..."?

He had enough time to pop and he didn't. Its that eye test stuff that got mocked last week - its OBVIOUS when a guy is playing well, even before they make a splash play. Thornhill was a great example of that today - he flew across the formation on the opening kick and wrecked that return. Then he was coming downhill on run plays. Even before the 4th down stop and pick 6 he was playing well and you could see it all over the field.

Clark was just there. Again. I'm not giving him an INC because it wouldn't have made a difference. We've seem a half dozen games like this from him by now, why should I just assume he was going to show anything when he hadn't to that point?
[Reply]
-King- 08:50 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Veach gave us a pretty damn good draft class this year. If that's a continuing trend for the future, even if future classes aren't quite as successful as this one, we don't really need him to be his usual "aggressive" self in free agency.

In fact, even if he's shitty at drafting, I'd prefer that he stop being "aggressive." Keep doing those nibble-around-the-edges trades and deals and start using your 1st round picks instead of trading them.
This. We have a good amount of playmakers. We don't really need to be aggressive in drafting/FA anymore. Just get guys who will do their jobs well and who will allow the player makers to do their thing. If we happen to get a star in the draft or attract a star in FA, then that's just icing on the cake. But for the most part we just need steady consistent guys we can count on.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:54 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Dude, you’re one of the biggest homers now. Nothing is wrong ever (which isn’t true).

You’re becoming BossChief 2.0. It’s sickening.
Am I forgetting what player evaluations I’ve been wrong on the last 2-3 years?

I’ve been pretty realistic over that time period.

Carry on, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:33 PM 12-01-2019
ClArK wAsN'T DoUbLeD

[Reply]
BossChief 09:39 PM 12-01-2019
Any word on his injury?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:58 PM 12-01-2019
Watching this tape and the Raiders are running away from Clark on EVERY handoff.

Only had three opportunities to get a pass rush on so far and he was doubled on a stunt, and on the other he beat a TE around the edge before Carr dumped it short.

On the third the Raiders tried to throw a screen and he beat Kolton Miller to the inside and was part of the crew that wrecked it.

First quarter gone. Nothing to bitch about at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:12 PM 12-01-2019
2nd quarter:

Tried to beat Miller to the outside and he stonewalled him....Raiders get stuffed on 4th and 1....ran AWAY from Clark.

Kept running away from Clark....ran to his side for the first time it got stuffed.

Next snap he BULL RUSHES MILLER RIGHT INTO CARR'S LAP and...

PICK SIX MOTHERFUCKER

Carr felt that pressure.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 PM 12-01-2019
Why don't a lot of people know what doubling a player is?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 12-01-2019
Next drive: Clark absolutely got killed by Miller on first snap. Jacobs rips off a long run.

Next snap he forced the run back inside.

Next snap he's in coverage.

Next snap he blows the play up in the backfield for a huge loss.

Next snap he tries the outside rush again and gets stonewalled.

Next snap doubled, again. Raiders miss FG.

Not a terrible series by any means.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 PM 12-01-2019
That's it for the first half. Barely had any real pass rush opportunities, Raiders ran away from him every time but thrice, and he blew one completely the fuck up, and set the edge on the other.

Wasn't a terrible half. Just didn't have a lot of real pass rush opportunities. Maybe three or four.

Third quarter, Raiders run at him one time for a couple yards. Then keep running away from him.

Pass rush opportunity and he makes Carr step up into a SACK.

Gets another shot on third down and gets stonewalled outside, incomplete, Raiders punt.

And that's it. He leaves the game after this.

Not his best game, but did he suck out loud? No. Not a lot of opportunity given the way the Raiders called plays.

He had maybe five actual opportunities to rush the passer.

Their gameplan was clearly to neutralize Frank Clark with playcalling and it worked.

And they scored 9 points.

Much knee jerk ado about nothing.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 435
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up