ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes pocket presence improving
chiefzilla1501 05:53 PM 09-26-2022
I’m tired of being negative. Let’s talk about a positive from the first few games.

Patrick mahomes has played some elite defenses and despite not having as much elite receiver talent, he’s only taken 2 sacks for 15 yards. I think he made it a point of emphasis in the off-season. He is doing less of the dancing to the outside and is really starting to slide around the pocket. I’d argue that his maneuverability is next level. He looks slippery in a way we’re not really used to because now he’s making intelligent choices in the pocket.

For perspective, burrow has taken 15 sacks right now.

It may not be sexy and I know some think he should play to his strength and work outside the pocket. I think he’s building a new skill and one that will be way more important many years down the road. They tried to get Big Ben to do the same and arguably Russell Wilson to protect their long term investment. But it just hasn’t stuck. They need to run around and improvise to succeed. With any new skill there will be some bumps. But he will get better and better at it. Hang in there and watch the young man grow.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:15 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He’s not running for his life as often . That used to annoy me (because obv I could do better as an nfl QB). But for real, spike the ball into the ground if it’s not there on 3&8. All the greats do this
What? No. Force the ball on 3rd down. Throwing it away on 3rd down is what Alex Smiths and broke dick QBs routinely do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 PM 09-26-2022
Gotta side with Clay here. MVS was getting open, Pat just wasn't hitting him.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:16 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
MVS was open 2x in the first three plays on offense.

Hardman is a lost cause.
True on one but HardMan isn’t a waste. This league is just damn hard. He had shown flashes
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
True on one but HardMan isn’t a waste. This league is just damn hard. He had shown flashes
his best days are behind him

door wide open with tyreek gone and he gives us 60 yards in three games

suddenly those gadget plays aren't there anymore, wonder why :-)

he has replacement-level ability as an actual NFL WR...he's a faster Robinson
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
MVS was open 2x in the first three plays on offense.

Hardman is a lost cause.
Can I see those plays?

Agreed on Hardman. There’s speed like Hill but without the route running or separation. Hill’s separation for a smaller guy was just so impressive.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up