ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Loud Road Venue for Chiefs
jettio 02:27 PM 09-26-2022
Since that was Indy's home opener and Mahomes had never played there, I think that game was one of the few where the Chiefs had a true road game in a loud venue because home season ticket holders did not put their tickets on the market.

A lot of the miscues may have been based on the Chiefs not being prepared to deal with a road crowd that was not 25 percent or more Chiefs fans.

Chargers game at SoFi last year was loud, but that was mostly bullshit abuse of the PA system that I guess the NFL allows for the Chargers to get away with.

Seems like bad ST mistakes and the offense having a subpar day may be because team did not do enough to prepare to play in a loud road venue.

And the sight lines may have been different for that stadium on a sunny day with the roof open.

Chris Jones had his wardrobe malfunction at the Indy combine there. maybe the referee was still mad about that.

I thought it was notable that the umpire was right there also and not reaching for his flag so maybe it was words that would not always draw a flag.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:32 PM 09-26-2022
That shithole is always a horror show for us
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:32 PM 09-26-2022
There was A LOT of chiefs fans there. Hearing home of the “chiefs” gives me goosebumps every time. I can’t imagine how that feels as a player while on the road!
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 06:44 PM 09-26-2022
I'll just go with Reid's statement - he failed to prepare them, regardless of the reasons.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:52 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
True that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:02 PM 09-26-2022
the only game i remember winning there was the big dick nick game where tyreek showed out
[Reply]
scho63 08:16 PM 09-26-2022
I said it in the game thread and I'll say it again: I HATE THAT FUCKING STADIUM!
[Reply]
stevieray 08:46 PM 09-26-2022
I'll never go back there.

Horrible fans, too.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:52 AM 09-27-2022
I was there. Wasn’t loud at all. Roughly 10% Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:13 AM 09-27-2022
the fuckin sun got in Kelce's eyes on the TD he dropped. the sun, I tells ya!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09-27-2022, 01:50 AM
This message has been deleted by Saulbadguy. Reason: Duplicate
Rasputin 02:06 AM 09-27-2022
I want to knock the Colts out of the playoffs and send Matt Ryan into retirement like we did Captain Caveman. Even if we did it on the road would be worth it. We still owe them playoff losses.

Patrick Mahomes II hasn't even played a playoff road game to his career but its bound to happen.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:57 AM 09-27-2022
there is a reason for the placement of such windows. i would bet the colts if upon winning coin toss, always select the side that will benefit them by games end :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:35 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I was there. Wasn’t loud at all. Roughly 10% Chiefs fans.
Same. It was an average NFL loud to me.
[Reply]
Monty 05:43 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'll never go back there.

Horrible fans, too.
Almost PTSD levels of horrible. Yeah, no going back for me either.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:31 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Monty:
Almost PTSD levels of horrible. Yeah, no going back for me either.
That’s weird - maybe it’s because they aren’t very good now, but my experience was positive. Got one “fuck the chiefs” from a piss drunk lady on our way out and I heartily agreed with her. That was it, as far as negative comments went.
[Reply]
Up