ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:28 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Brown is injured?? What, his ego?
Maybe his dick is broken?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:29 AM 09-29-2022
Brown is injured?? What, his ego?
He's been on the injury report for 2 weeks. He dinged a knee either in Arizona or in practice prior to week 2.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:30 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Somone messed up and my bet is Hardman. Probably why Pat threw the ball expecting the pick.

I’ll be glad when they flush that turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:32 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, if he's hurt THAT bad, sit him for a while and let him heal. Patrick's health is paramount.
There's a severe drop-off in the depth chart at LT after OBJ.

Scary, I know.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:34 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
There's a severe drop-off in the depth chart at LT after OBJ.

Scary, I know.
After Sunday, I'm not sure that's true.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:37 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Mahomes commented that on almost every play someone was in the wrong spot. I’ll chalk a lot of that on new WRs learning. Mecole is the one guy with little excuse. I’d like to see skyy get more snaps but if this is the issue, then it seems the guy who needs more snaps is Watson. For now we just need our guys to be in the right spots. May also be worth looking at what rojo has to offer. He may not be as talented as everyone in the RB room but at least he will decisively attack holes instead of dancing around them.
Looks like it made JUJU hesitate a split second , like he was sure what hardman was going to do , Hardman I firmly believe has zero football IQ
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:38 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After Sunday, I'm not sure that's true.
Colts do have a good Dline, and so do the Bucs, so...

This Sunday prolly gonna be more of the same if Reid & Co keep trotting out the same old tired ass RPO bullshit that didn't work last week.

Promise.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:40 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Looks like it made JUJU hesitate a split second , like he was sure what hardman was going to do , Hardman I firmly believe has zero football IQ
100% what happened, which is why I just made this statement 4 posts ago :

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
What sticks in my mind a little was the poor execution by Juju and Mahomes on the last play. Mahomes should not have thrown that ball.
It was Hardman, inexplicably cutting his route 2 yards short which fucked up the timing and allowed so many defenders to be where Mahomes was trying to go.

Ridiculous, especially, what, year fucking FOUR in this offense?

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
That you for saying that. I have felt that way for a while, but just didn't say it.

OBJ looks even worse on the all-22.

We absolutely cannot afford to pay him the money he wants. I don't know what the plan would be for replacing him at LT, but a JAG making $5-$9 million per year would not perform much worse than OBJ making $20+ million per year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I'd consider moving up in the draft to take the best LT available if that's what it took to never be in this situation again.

Originally Posted by TEX:
If the OL could block better, a lot of the stuff you mentioned gets cleaned up.
But they don't, at least pass blocking. They'd be a GREAT power running line...but that would take a coaching staff that isn't trying to force them to be the RPO-based pass blocking line that Reid & Co are stubbornly adamant about them being. The plays take too long to develop and the defenses are ready for them, they know the concepts now, the shit doesn't take anyone by surprise, it's like watching old people fuck.

Reid needs to (boot Bieniemy and) get back to more of the pure WCO that his roots are in. Get Mahomes out of the shotgun so much (those draws from the shotgun off the RPO that go nowhere...), get him under center, go 12 personnel (Kelce and Fortson, MVS and JuJu) to get the BEST players on the field, and run an actual pro style offense.

These defenses are susceptible to well-designed runs and seam routes the way they bracket the receivers deep. We have the personnel to take advantage of that.

Why the coaching staff refuses to see that and put the players in a position to take advantage of weaknesses in the defense is kind of a mystery to me on some levels
[Reply]
JPH83 07:12 AM 09-29-2022
I'm hoping the new RT is already on the payroll. That might be Niang, PTW, or even Kinnard. The team obviously thinks they have something in all 3 or they would be gone. No way should we pay Brown the money he wants.
I don't think the WR or the RB room is bad as some people think. We have MVS for the next couple of years, Watson will probably cheap enough to retain, Moore really hasn't had a chance yet, and Ross is on IR. The RB group is a little less clear, but until we decide what we're going to do in the run game, it's hard to tell what we have. Are we a Martyball team, RPO, or what?
Sure we could use another edge guy, so could most of the teams in the NFL. I don't see exchanging Clark's boat anchor contract for another one as a wise choice.
I have a probably unjustifiable soft spot for PTW, but to be honest I think he's seen as LT cover and i've no idea what that'd mean for him at RT.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:24 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
What sticks in my mind a little was the poor execution by Juju and Mahomes on the last play. Mahomes should not have thrown that ball.
Dude it was do or die time. Theres little reason to not throw a ball at that point in time. You dont want him taking a sack or throwing it away. There simply wasn't enough time. At such a point in the game if nothing is there you have no choice but to force it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:50 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dude it was do or die time. Theres little reason to not throw a ball at that point in time. You dont want him taking a sack or throwing it away. There simply wasn't enough time. At such a point in the game if nothing is there you have no choice but to force it.
No, it really was on Hardman breaking off his route. If he runs it correctly, it's almost like a legal pick in a way- it would've got him jammed up with 2 defenders, leaving JuJu free.

But because Hardman didn't sell his route, BOTH defenders peeled off and waited for Mahomes' throw to JuJu, which of course got picked in that scenario.

Chicken or the egg.

Hardman sucks....but it's the coaching staff that didn't have him ready and keeps trotting him out there...

Idk.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:22 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
And the part of Andy fucking Heck’s suckage on leading these guys! Developing a bunch of softies who get get blown off the ball every short yardage run play. Second year with the same group and they’re getting worst. I’d rather have Mike Munchak or Tom Cable that are available then the hack we have now!
Exactly. Andy Heck needs to gtfo.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:26 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Exactly. Andy Heck needs to gtfo.
One of Andy's biggest issues is his stubborn loyalty to assistant coaches who are long passed their due date.

He did it in Philly, did it with Sutton and is now doing it with Heck, Toub, and Bieniemy.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Up