ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 112
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
In fairness, when your ONLY td of your rookie campaign happens in the Superbowl, and it took the offense lining up incorrectly, and the defense just electing not to cover you for you to get THAT one, that's a pretty forgettable rookie season.

He's remembered only for being a large culprit in the Colts loss with his fumble on special teams, and myriad other gaffes.
Actually, I don't think that IS fair, at all. It ignores all context.

Skyy was a rookie with 4 veterans in front of him. People expecting him to get a lot of snaps and targets were going to be disappointed no matter what.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:26 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
It's like the: Watson can't catch the ball at all. When it was just one cold weather game he had several drops. Too much work not welding in snap judgements
Well I'm hearing he's continuing to drop the ball in practice so :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 02:28 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
It's like the: Watson can't catch the ball at all. When it was just one cold weather game he had several drops. Too much work not welding in snap judgements
I mean that long ball he dropped in Houston, totally the cold weather.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:23 PM 08-18-2023
Watson doesn't have hands of stone by any means, but pretending his drops were isolated to one game or one weather pattern is the very definition of revisionist history.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:24 PM 08-18-2023
Trust in Justyn Rosset!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BossChief 04:48 PM 08-18-2023
Just think…and I know these are a lot of ifs…

If Ross and Toney can stay healthy…
If Skyy makes the jump he’s expected to
If James keeps impressing
If Watson/Remigio show anything
If MVS forces defenses to keep a deep safety back
If Rice stays healthy and his impact from camp and game 1 continue into the regular season

If half of that happens, this is quite possibly the best WR corps KC has had in my lifetime…and they are all super cheap.

That group together will extend Kelces career sheerly by workload expectations.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:55 AM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Just think…and I know these are a lot of ifs…

If Ross and Toney can stay healthy…
If Skyy makes the jump he’s expected to
If James keeps impressing
If Watson/Remigio show anything
If MVS forces defenses to keep a deep safety back
If Rice stays healthy and his impact from camp and game 1 continue into the regular season

If half of that happens, this is quite possibly the best WR corps KC has had in my lifetime…and they are all super cheap.

That group together will extend Kelces career sheerly by workload expectations.
It's a lot of 'ifs', but here's the thing-

Veach has gathered so many of them that the chances that more than half fail is pretty damned slim, considering his track record. I mean I would bet on Veach to hit on 50% of just about anything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:13 AM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Actually, I don't think that IS fair, at all. It ignores all context.

Skyy was a rookie with 4 veterans in front of him. People expecting him to get a lot of snaps and targets were going to be disappointed no matter what.
I would say I can't believe people are still going on about Moore's production, but considering the source it's pretty believable. He was never gonna get much opportunity barring multiple major injuries to our receiving core.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:57 AM 08-19-2023
He literally said he had to learn all the receiver positions before Reid would play him. I mean, that's your problem with rookie receivers in Reid's system right there in a nutshell.

The real stupidity was fans coming on here and saying that it was because Skyy can't get separation even though he does immediately and often and you can see it every time he runs but that's the new "does he have vision" for wannabe Seth Keysors who want to give hot takes but not do the work.
[Reply]
Delano 08:17 AM 08-19-2023
There is tons of potential out there at the WR position. My biggest question mark is if Connor Embree can coach them up. I know he’s a former wideout and has a few years experience assisting with the WR coaching, but can he get the most out of this group of young guys?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:48 AM 08-19-2023
Saw an old tweet this morning from Dane Brugler saying that if he's healthy, Jusyn Ross is his WR1 in the upcoming 2022 draft. Just for you draftnik types. And for those who deny that this was a thing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:29 PM 08-19-2023
Saw an old tweet this morning from Dane Brugler saying that if he's healthy, Jusyn Ross is his WR1 in the upcoming 2022 draft. Just for you draftnik types. And for those who deny that this was a thing.
I don't know where one drafts Chiefs' receivers, due to the fact that they're so talented, deep, and share the ball with Travis Kelce and the backs.
[Reply]
In58men 03:33 PM 08-19-2023
If you can post the tweet. I’d like to check it out.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:48 PM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't know where one drafts Chiefs' receivers, due to the fact that they're so talented, deep, and share the ball with Travis Kelce and the backs.
You take whoever is available at the end of your fantasy draft because I don't think it's worth gambling on one early.

I'm hoping that Toney is available late in one of my two leagues. I still think he has a high ceiling although I also expect him to be on the bench due to injury a good chunk of the time.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:52 PM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
If you can post the tweet. I’d like to check it out.
I can't figure out how to do it from my phone, but a search for Dane Brugler, Justyn Ross, Twitter brings it up.

There are other draft posts from him later where he's got him at #19 post foot injury issues I assume.

Just reiterating the point that Ross was indeed considered a first round talent before the neck and foot issues.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 112
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Up