ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only question I have about Burks.....is the report that he ran a lot of his stuff out of the slot at Arkansas. Can he be the outside WR in this offense?
He ran a lot of simplified route trees out of the slot two years ago, like to the tune of 80% of his snaps, according to the scouting reports.

That number was a lot lower last year. He worked outside as he got more familiar with the offense.

It seems like he's still very raw. He has some pretty elite physical traits though.

I like him at 29.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He ran a lot of simplified route trees out of the slot two years ago, like to the tune of 80% of his snaps, according to the scouting reports.

That number was a lot lower last year. He worked outside as he got more familiar with the offense.

It seems like he's still very raw. He has some pretty elite physical traits though.

I like him at 29.
I'd be fine with him at 29 or 30. There are guys that I would be just fine drafting without trading up. I just don't see the value in it.

Now if you can trade up to around 23-24 to get a guy like Johnson (doubtful) or Karlaftis (maybe)...then fine. But I'm only throwing a 4th round pick at it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 AM 03-28-2022
I'd be fine with him at 29 or 30. There are guys that I would be just fine drafting without trading up. I just don't see the value in it.

Now if you can trade up to around 23-24 to get a guy like Johnson (doubtful) or Karlaftis (maybe)...then fine. But I'm only throwing a 4th round pick at it.
Same here.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:16 AM 03-28-2022

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...ls-replacement

21 - Kansas City Chiefs

Jameson Williams

Alabama · WR · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH PATRIOTS

With Tyreek Hill taking his talents to Miami, the Chiefs could use another speedy playmaker. Williams is coming off an ACL tear, but Andy Reid should still have interest in flipping two picks (their third-round compensatory selection and assigned fourth-rounder) to the Patriots to lock him up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...ls-replacement

21 - Kansas City Chiefs

Jameson Williams

Alabama · WR · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH PATRIOTS

With Tyreek Hill taking his talents to Miami, the Chiefs could use another speedy playmaker. Williams is coming off an ACL tear, but Andy Reid should still have interest in flipping two picks (their third-round compensatory selection and assigned fourth-rounder) to the Patriots to lock him up.
Nope. Not good with giving up a 3rd and a 4th for Williams.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:23 PM 03-28-2022
Assuming London, Wilson, olave, jameson and burks are gone, what “guys” are you referring to?

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 03-28-2022
Assuming London, Wilson, olave, jameson and burks are gone, what “guys” are you referring to?
Why do you use last names for everybody except the guys you obviously like? :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:24 PM 03-28-2022
Guys that don't play the WR position. I'm not reaching on someone just because the fan base thinks that we NEED to draft a WR in the 1st round.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:09 PM 03-29-2022
All in on Watson, i think DJ is way off about this kid only being a track star/combine warrior.

The combine results only reinforce what you see in his highlights.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:06 PM 03-29-2022
And everyone wants to trade up for Jameson Williams. The guy who couldn’t beat out Wilson and Olave when he was at Ohio State? That guy? No thanks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:19 PM 03-29-2022
And everyone wants to trade up for Jameson Williams. The guy who couldn’t beat out Wilson and Olave when he was at Ohio State? That guy? No thanks.
Really?!? Jameson had almost 1600 yards in the sec and 15 tds. He was dominant! Are you kidding me? I can understand questioning his injury but saying he’s not talented bc Ohio state didn’t keep him is ridiculous.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:35 PM 03-29-2022
Really?!? Jameson had almost 1600 yards in the sec and 15 tds. He was dominant! Are you kidding me? I can understand questioning his injury but saying he’s not talented bc Ohio state didn’t keep him is ridiculous.
He couldn’t beat out Wilson or Olave. If he’s some amazing talent…he would have had more than 100+ yards in either of his first two years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:52 PM 03-29-2022
He couldn’t beat out Wilson or Olave. If he’s some amazing talent…he would have had more than 100+ yards in either of his first two years.
I know this is going to get people saying I'm nuts, but-

I don't see much difference in Jameson Williams and Pickens. I just don't.

I like the same things about both, and I have similar concerns injury-wise about both. Georgia WR's don't tend to be as NFL ready, but that's really not fair to say without knowing the individual.

I would take either at #29 if I really wanted them but I don't think I'd trade up for Williams when I can probably nab Pickens at #50. possibly later.

I like Pierce, and I like Watson. I'm warming up to Burks some.

I think we can get 'our guy' anywhere from 29 to the end of the second round, just depends who they want.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:26 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know this is going to get people saying I'm nuts, but-

I don't see much difference in Jameson Williams and Pickens. I just don't.

I like the same things about both, and I have similar concerns injury-wise about both. Georgia WR's don't tend to be as NFL ready, but that's really not fair to say without knowing the individual.

I would take either at #29 if I really wanted them but I don't think I'd trade up for Williams when I can probably nab Pickens at #50. possibly later.

I like Pierce, and I like Watson. I'm warming up to Burks some.

I think we can get 'our guy' anywhere from 29 to the end of the second round, just depends who they want.
I think the one thing you're probably not getting from Williams onwards is burning speed. I'm really 50-50 on it, I'm coming round to the idea of sitting put, getting the guy that best fits as you say, and then maybe double-dipping in the 2nd. But I don't think you can wait for Pickens that long - if he's the guy it has to be at 30.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:47 PM 03-29-2022
Here's the thing, and I think a lot of people that don't pay a ton of attention pre draft every year don't get (in my opinion).

WR's aren't like franchise QB's, DE's, or LT's. Those guys you pretty much have to get in the first round with very rare exceptions, and generally high in the first. It's just rare to get an elite talent at those spots that falls. If they do, it's some character concern or something. (like Sam Williams, ahem).

Lots of top flight WR's are not former first rounders. Davante Adams? 2nd round, pick #53. Cooper Kupp? 3rd round #69. Deebo Samuel? 2nd round #36. Stephon Diggs was a fifth rounder! Like Tyreek.

It's not like taking a franchise QB. Half of this 'top tier' will wash out; and lots of these guys people want to say are a 'big drop off' will be much better NFL players.

And some of these guys that are too small, and too slow will be really good. I still wouldn't take Dotson in the first! :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up