ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 95
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:54 PM 05-23-2022
That was for all who hate. -Nazem Kadri

So, for the 4 Twitter burners that tweeted threats, great. Thanks for blowing up nothing, while vilifying an entire city and fanbase, media.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:55 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He also speared Toews (IIRC) when it was the Blues who got the PP and had a couple other cheap shots. I actual saw the elbow fly on a post-game replay right after posting that... missed it the first time.
Oh good Christ.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:57 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Perron was doing his best to injure someone (anyone) tonight in far less subtle ways than colliding with a goalie or breaking another man's sternum.... so I guess Blues fans have that to cheer for the rest of the series.
Good for Perron.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:00 PM 05-23-2022
Kadri is a national hero tonight according to the postgame show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

So, for the 4 Twitter burners that tweeted threats, great. Thanks for blowing up nothing, while vilifying an entire city and fanbase, media.
Again - standard procedure for shitbags.

Be a prick then paint yourself as the victim. Saw this coming from a mile away and said as such.
[Reply]
Fish 11:19 PM 05-23-2022

Technically the actual quote wasn't that direct, for what it's worth...

Originally Posted by :
“I know that doesn’t reflect every fan in St Louis, but for those who hate, that was for them.”
I know Kadri has history, and it's not all just talk. But I still don't think that he did anything to intentionally try and take Bennington out of the game. Is he a gritty push the limit type player? Hell yes, he's the type I'd hate if he'd play on any other team. But the NHL has countless guys like that...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:44 PM 05-23-2022
Literally a handful of Twitter burners said some reprehensible shit about Kadri, and the media took it to task to competely whitewash his entire career.

Well done, media.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:47 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Technically the actual quote wasn't that direct, for what it's worth...

I know Kadri has history, and it's not all just talk. But I still don't think that he did anything to intentionally try and take Bennington out of the game. Is he a gritty push the limit type player? Hell yes, he's the type I'd hate if he'd play on any other team. But the NHL has countless guys like that...
Funny he says that now, after the entire hockey world puts the comments of a handful on the shoulders of an entire fanbase and city.

He had no problem running to Akim Aliu to do his bidding for him, making it sound as if he was inundated with threats when it came from 10 Twitter burners.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:51 PM 05-23-2022
Funny he says that now, after the entire hockey world puts the comments of a handful on the shoulders of an entire fanbase and city.

He had no problem running to Akim Aliu to do his bidding for him, making it sound as if he was inundated with threats when it came from 10 Twitter burners.
It’s the world we live in now. Binnington is taking hate on Twitter for being injured and not apologizing to Kadri. Binner is the aggressor and Kadri is the victim apparently.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:56 PM 05-23-2022
Completely unimpressed with Kuemper, way better than Husso though.
[Reply]
Fish 12:05 AM 05-24-2022

Twitter burner account or not, they have to investigate death threats. Which is what reports have shown.

Originally Posted by :
The AP verified the existence of Twitter posts sent to the official Avalanche team account and to Kadri’s calling him “Arab scum” and referencing terrorism. Other posts, some of which have since been deleted, included death threats. One was still up hours before Game 4 in St. Louis, with Colorado leading the best-of-seven series 2-1.

It was not clear if the social media posts were the subject of league, team or police investigation or if there were other threats made toward Kadri

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/05/...anche-threats/

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:21 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Twitter burner account or not, they have to investigate death threats. Which is what reports have shown.
One dude with 4 followers sends 7 tweets with racist/threatening language.

Akim Aliu tweets that Kadri is being inundated with threats without any context. media moves forward with narrative, hockey world goes to social claiming the entire STL fanbase is racist and making threats.

The comments are reprehensible, but the medias fanning of the flames is over the top here.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:41 AM 05-24-2022
One dude with 4 followers sends 7 tweets with racist/threatening language.

Akim Aliu tweets that Kadri is being inundated with threats without any context. media moves forward with narrative, hockey world goes to social claiming the entire STL fanbase is racist and making threats.

The comments are reprehensible, but the medias fanning of the flames is over the top here.
In case you are curious.

https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/...TP3aqsmTHZHDRw
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:36 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In case you are curious.

https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/...TP3aqsmTHZHDRw
Saw it. A bunch of high school and college kids. Literally ONE lives within 3 hours of STL - and he's like 14 years old. But let's keep blaming the entire STL fanbase.

Mom and Dad gonna be surprised when Johnny Law shows up at their door.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:38 AM 05-24-2022
Saw it. A bunch of high school and college kids. Literally ONE lives within 3 hours of STL - and he's like 14 years old. But let's keep blaming the entire STL fanbase.

Mom and Dad gonna be surprised when Johnny Law shows up at their door.
Who's blaming the entire St Louis fan base? I must've missed that part.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 95
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up