ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Please delete my account...
Taco John 09:24 PM 11-09-2003
Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'

Adios!

Taco
[Reply]
Logical 12:01 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.
:-) Bagging on Dennis Miller is a crime, easily one of the three funniest men in entertainment.
[Reply]
Simplex3 12:02 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.
Those who do remember would tell you that reverse discrimination is as bad as the original. The people in society today advocating the reverse discrimination program (affirmitive action) never experienced true discrimination.

:-) You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most.
Here's your problem, summed up in one paragraph. Blacks not being involved in something is NOT necessarily discrimination. I'm not racist or discriminatory, I hate everyone equally. However, I don't hang out with any black people. So, I must be a racist by your standards. PS, how many white actors on "The Hugelys", Damon Wayon's show, etc. Not very many. They must be racist, too.

How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.
12.5% of NFL head coaches are black. Blacks make up 15% of the US population. If you add one more black head coach in the NFL you would have 15.625% which would be over-representation. Do you really want quotas? Close to 70% of the players in the NFL are black. We better start firing a bunch of them and get some expensive program to help improve white's football skills...

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO
I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~:-).
How about the white guys who are passed up every year for medical school for a lesser qualified black? What about law school? For every less-achieving student that is let in under some program, a higher achieving student is left out. How about the contracts white small business owners don't get because of the tax breaks the customer can get by hiring minority owned small businesses? We didn't fight it until now because 1) we were being a bunch of pussies, exactly what the culture was telling us to be and 2) it has swung too far the other way, they're no longer equal they're superior. Until affirmitive action is killed whites ARE discriminated against.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:05 PM 11-10-2003
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

:-) You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~:-)
I still bet not one person on this BB has been subject to that.

As far as me having thicker skin goes I do, remember.

As far as TV goes give me a break. Nobody is more PC than TV. They are the ones that feel it's OK to promote the gay agenda and crack white jokes. If I was from outter space and watched TV I would think that 25% of the males on this planet are gay for gods sake. As far as coaches go or Fotune 500 companie everyone is going to pick the person they feel is best qualified. I don't hear you bitchen about needing more white running backs. The most qualified people should always get the job. On that same note my last employer gave me a promotion to regional director and had to take it back from me because there was a women that was threatening to sue them if she wasn't promoted before me because she hired me. He told me they knew I had outperformed her BIG TIME since being in the company but they had no women that high up in the company and fighting a lawsuit from her could prove costly. I told him not to worry about and do what he had to. I didn't cry about it and play the victim, it's just the way it was. If I wanted to change things I should work for myself. That's exactly what I do now.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:10 PM 11-10-2003
Man this thread seems like a white pride convention.

edit /K edit /K edit/K
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:20 PM 11-10-2003
Can't believe you guys are still letting this thing harp along.......

Let it go, so many people, so many opinions.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 12:20 PM 11-10-2003
the notion that white people are victims in this country and minorities are oppressors is simply beyond absurdity..waaaay beyond absurd, but its been the Gospel as preached by Flush Rimbaugh...it is usually found very close to the belief that poor people oppress rich people...bedrock conservative principles...
[Reply]
Mark M 12:20 PM 11-10-2003
You know, all I was trying to do in the thread was say that it's sad when racism is tolerated, no matter whom it's directed towards.

Instead, I basically get flamed, essentially told that the white man is being oppressed and given meaningless stats (um, having 12% of coaches in the NFL means nothing when there are only 32 teams, Simplex3. If you think that's truly representative, then I feel for you).

But I've learned a lot about some of the people on this BBs. Thanks for the insight.

[Reply]
memyselfI 12:22 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by VaporizerMan:
Man this thread seems like a white pride convention.

J/K J/K
shouldn't there be another k and a few less j's? :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:23 PM 11-10-2003
Okay now let's all drink our sleepytime tea.

I know I'm ready for a nap.
[Reply]
Mark M 12:25 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
the notion that white people are victims in this country and minorities are oppressors is simply beyond absurdity..waaaay beyond absurd, but its been the Gospel as preached by Flush Rimbaugh...it is usually found very close to the belief that poor people oppress rich people...bedrock conservative principles...
Considering the nature of this BBs, that shouldn't be too surprising ...

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
memyselfI 12:25 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by MrBlond:
Racial slurs happen almost daily on the planet? I'm missing them.
I said racial slurs or obscene remarks regarding women...the word b*tch is thrown around here like it's 'and'. And often not even in response to me...go figure. :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:26 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by memyselfi:
shouldn't there be another k and a few less j's? :-)

Look up
[Reply]
ndbbm 12:26 PM 11-10-2003
Everyone's gotta be so judgemental....F*ck sake. It's noone's f*ckin business but their's.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:29 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by ndbbm:
Everyone's gotta be so judgemental....F*ck sake. It's noone's f*ckin business but their's.

I agree.

Wanna join me for a cup of sleepytime tea?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:29 PM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:

Don't_attack_the_minorities_in_any_way_shape_or_form,_but_by_all_means_the_hate_mongering_Conservati ves_are_fair_game.

Get_a_life_hypocrite.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up