ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 36
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Please delete my account...
Taco John 09:24 PM 11-09-2003
Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'


Adios!

Taco
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:17 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Lzen:
:-) I didn't mean that condensed, Mr. space bar deficient.

Well_when_it_comes_right_down_to_it,_that's_about_the_whole_of_it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by MrBlond:
Well, I for one am only here to inflate my post count.
Well, I better get to work then.

:-) Back to 19k, or should I go lower? :-)
[Reply]
MrBlond 11:26 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, I better get to work then.

:-) Back to 19k, or should I go lower? :-)
Thank you sir, may I have another? :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:28 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM
~~:-)
First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.

Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.

Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.

Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by MrBlond:
Thank you sir, may I have another? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Oxford 11:39 AM 11-10-2003
:-) :-) :-)

No one is asking for a racial slur by using a "suggestive term" for a nom-deguere if they are describing themselves.

However, just because someone is a bu%%hole, does not make them racist. FWIW, it seems the ones supposedly "color blind" are playing from a deck of 52 race cards.

Sometimes we must remember that ignorance is correctible and stupidity is not. Neither of those is a crime either!
[Reply]
Mark M 11:44 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Originally Posted by :
Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.
Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Originally Posted by :
Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.
Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

Originally Posted by :
Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.
:-) You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
memyselfI 11:44 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Michael Michigan:
Denise will never post here.

She said so.

Think about that.

:-)
You can keep repeating it and it doesn't make it true. I said I'd probably not be a REGULAR here. And compared to some folks, I ain't. :-) I did not say I would not ever post here because I did the first day and did sparcely thereafter.

As far as getting attention...

I've mentioned before that the ignore option is there in theory and in practice. Feel free to use if you don't want to pay attention to me or Taco vs. whining about the attention you believe is being sought or given. :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:48 AM 11-10-2003
MArk,

Humans will always find a reason to divide. If it's not race or gender then it will be culture or religion or ethics or whatever. To think that one day it's possible for all of us to live like a bunch of happy azz hippies on this giant commune called the world is just not being realistic. That being said I see this as a setup. For example, one day when I was in health clubs I had a guy come down to apply for a job in a very conservative club. His hair was teased up and he was kissing his little butt buddy in the lobby while waiting to be interviewed. Naturally I didn't hire him. He tried to sue for discrimination after setting us up by doing what he was doing in our lobby and speaking like a flamer the whole time. Taco likewise sets us up by coming over here and flaming everyone all the time and naming himself Taco. Anyone who did likewise on any other BB should expect the same result.
[Reply]
memyselfI 11:53 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Logical:
Lest you get away with revisionist history you called his mother a "mexican whore", at least be accurate.:-)
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs (oddly enough, Otter is not even the worst so it's amusing to see him come under fire) or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:53 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.



Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.



Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.



:-) You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.


MM
~~:-)

I'm_hoping_the_key_board_problem_will_be_fixed_today,_at_which_time_I_will_respond_to_this.

Just_too_much_to_say_with_this_type_of_posting_technique.
[Reply]
Otter 11:57 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by memyselfi:
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays.
Denise,

Give it a break.

I could make you look foolish if I posted the whole exchange between me and Tac0. But you know what, its none of your business.

All you know about the situation is exactly what he wants you to know and your playing right into his hands.

But on another level I think you just need a reason to practice your "I am woman, hear me roar" charade.

By the way if it makes you feel better to kick me while I'm down, by all means, pile on. ZZZ
[Reply]
MrBlond 11:58 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by memyselfi:
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs (oddly enough, Otter is not even the worst so it's amusing to see him come under fire) or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

Racial slurs happen almost daily on the planet? I'm missing them.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:59 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by memyselfi:
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

She_complains_about_how_bad_this_place_is_yet_she_continues_to_show_up.:-)
[Reply]
chief52 11:59 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by memyselfi:
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...
Because individuals on this board may act in one way or another...racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women...does not mean the board has lost its sense of decency IMO. The words written by each individual are totally their thoughts, not the thoughts of the board. The VAST majority of the individuals on this board are decent and polite. You are always going to find rogue individuals in any large group.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 36
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up