ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 02:18 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I get it, Mo sucks, and we’re in Alex Smith-like purgatory, but what moves do you make to improve the roster?
I posted it above. Get a legit middle of the order bat in FA. Open the pocketbook Dewitt. You got Fowler and Carp's money and the Rockies $50 million to get a great head start on paying for it and the dead/bad money that will surely come later as it does in all those deals.

Assuming that happens and Arenado doesn't opt-out we will have a legit lineup next year capable of winning a series in the post-season against other legit teams.

Liberatore into the #2 spot next year. Gorman and Thompson when they are ready.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:48 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I posted it above. Get a legit middle of the order bat in FA. Open the pocketbook Dewitt. You got Fowler and Carp's money and the Rockies $50 million to get a great head start on paying for it and the dead/bad money that will surely come later as it does in all those deals.

Assuming that happens and Arenado doesn't opt-out we will have a legit lineup next year capable of winning a series in the post-season against other legit teams.

Liberatore into the #2 spot next year. Gorman and Thompson when they are ready.
If you think the team is one bat away, you're more optimistic than I.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:20 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
That’s great and all, but is that team really any better than the current roster? Who would you replace on the starting lineup (not including Carpenter since he isn’t even a starter when Bader comes back).

I get it, Mo sucks, and we’re in Alex Smith-like purgatory, but what moves do you make to improve the roster?
Well, the first move you make is firing Mos pathetic ass then you fire Shildt. At that point, you have already helped the team.
[Reply]
kstater 04:29 PM 05-15-2021
That’s, an interesting move by the Dodgers
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:50 PM 05-15-2021
Matt Carpenter is now the Cardinals newest relief pitcher.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:57 PM 05-16-2021
This pitching staff has had a terrible series against a shell of the real Padres team. No way we should have lost this series, let alone the possibility of being swept.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:45 PM 05-17-2021
Albert is a Dodger.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:40 PM 05-21-2021

I am curious about what you guys think about this. Is Rich accurate in this rant about cheating in baseball?
I don't watch much baseball so I have no idea whether or not this is accurate. Rich is generally pretty good though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

I am curious about what you guys think about this. Is Rich accurate in this rant about cheating in baseball?
I don't watch much baseball so I have no idea whether or not this is accurate. Rich is generally pretty good though.
Even I noticed all these sliders from JAG’s with HOF movement now. I guess it’s if everyone is allowed to do it, no one snitches on anyone. There are no innocent teams. If anyone has bitched, it’s not public.

It hurts the fans and the game. Baseball needs more offense. Allowing pitchers to cheat to decrease offense ain’t good for the game. Even it’s a level cheat field for all teams.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:11 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Even I noticed all these sliders from JAG’s with HOF movement now. I guess it’s if everyone is allowed to do it, no one snitches on anyone. There are no innocent teams. If anyone has bitched, it’s not public.

It hurts the fans and the game. Baseball needs more offense. Allowing pitchers to cheat to decrease offense ain’t good for the game. Even it’s a level cheat field for all teams.
Cheating is cheating and it is not good for players, teams, or fans. The league should probably put an end to this situation. This type of stuff after the Astros and Covid is not good for baseball.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Gallegos today. Manager gets tossed.

Umpire Joe West ordered Gallegos to switch caps because apparently there was sunscreen on the bill. Cardinals manager Mike Shildt, thinking his player was unfairly singled out, got ejected during an animated argument.

That overshadowed everything else in the Cardinals' 4-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.

"This is baseball's dirty little secret, and it's the wrong time and the wrong arena to expose it," Shildt said. "Here's the deal. First of all, Gio wears the same hat all year. Hats accrue dirt. Hats accrue substances. ... Did Gio have some sunscreen at some point in his career to make sure he doesn't get some kind of melanoma? Possibly. Does he use rosin to help out? Possibly. Are these things that baseball really wants to crack down on? No.''

In a statement released later Wednesday, Shildt said, "I have a great working relationship with the umpires and Major League Baseball. They have a lot of challenges to doing their job and they do it well. Having to police foreign substances, candidly, shouldn't have to be a part of their job."

The Cardinals brought in Gallegos with one out in the seventh, after Genesis Cabrera hit Yoan Moncada, putting runners on first and second.

West, who on Tuesday set MLB's record for most games umpired, said second-base ump Dan Bellino noticed a substance on the brim of the pitcher's cap.

West said Gallegos told him it was sunscreen. Even so, he made the pitcher switch caps before throwing a pitch because "we don't want anybody to be accused of cheating or any of that stuff.'' The cap was sent to the commissioner's office.

"The whole point of this is we're trying to protect his pitcher, and he got ejected," West said.

Shildt, who was tossed for the second time this season, said he appreciated the motivation. But he questioned why there was enforcement.

"Let's go check the guys that are sitting there going into their glove every day with filthy stuff coming out, not some guy before he even steps on the mound with a spot on his hat," he said.

Once the situation cooled, Gallegos squashed the threat, striking out American League MVP Jose Abreu and Yermin Mercedes.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 PM 05-21-2021
God they are shitting themselves tonight. 12 to fucking 3. And of course I’m at a bar full of fucking Cub fans.

:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 04:09 AM 05-22-2021
Wtf happened? It was 3-3 when I fell asleep.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wtf happened? It was 3-3 when I fell asleep.
Game momentum got away from them when Molina popped out. The Crowd sounded like a full stadium got going, standing and cheering, yelling, bases loaded, 1 out.... felt like pre-Covid and then that game changing moment was lost.

Then a inning or two later Webb gave up the game. I don't understand why he is still getting a chance in close games. He obviously is not right. Send him down to figure out whatever it is he needs to figure out.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:21 PM 05-23-2021
Why do these guys have some sort of mental block against the Cubs.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up