ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 40
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
KChiefs1 01:32 PM 09-28-2021
Would you guys rather have the Giants or the Dodgers in a one game showdown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Dodgers.

Not because they're easier to beat - but because they're far harder.

Gimme a coin-flip game. Bad teams can beat good teams in a single game. Have the worst team in MLB play the best team 10 times and 1/3 of the time, that shitty team will win.

Have them play 10 seven game series and the shitty team won't win a single one of those series.

Gimme the Dodgers in a coin-flip game. If we can knock them off, we have the Giants and Braves/Phillies/Brewers to get through for another pennant. Well the Cardinals can play any of those 4 straight up. The Dodgers are the only ones a clear step ahead of the Cardinals talent wise. We might get lucky in a 1-off play-in game, we won't be beating them in a 5-game seris.

I want NO part of seeing Scherzer - Buehler - Kershaw - Scherzer - Buehler in a 5 game series against a team that has Justin Turner as probably its worst regular player.

Give me the Dodgers in the WC game. It's the only real shot we have at getting to the NLCS.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:27 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Dodgers as DJ said, because they are going to be tough to beat. 1 game is our only chance. No way we best then in a 7 game series.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:29 PM 09-28-2021
So, I'm enjoying this run.

But I'm still incredibly pissed off.

FO literally did nothing during the season to make the team better. Happ and Lester are just warm bodies who are pumpkins and a historic win streak literally is putting them in a play-in game.

This team could have been division contenders if the FO literally did anything in June to stabilize the rotation or improve the bullpen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
So, I'm enjoying this run.

But I'm still incredibly pissed off.

FO literally did nothing during the season to make the team better. Happ and Lester are just warm bodies who are pumpkins and a historic win streak literally is putting them in a play-in game.

This team could have been division contenders if the FO literally did anything in June to stabilize the rotation or improve the bullpen.
I hate to say this, but to be fair, they were underperforming, looked lackadaisical all the time and uninterested.

Who would we have given up? Gorman? Liberatore? Unless your trading them, your not getting a difference maker. So trading shit for shit and hoping to get some positive innings out of the old geezers was the best you can do.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:38 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I hate to say this, but to be fair, they were underperforming, looked lackadaisical all the time and uninterested.

Who would we have given up? Gorman? Liberatore? Unless your trading them, your not getting a difference maker. So trading shit for shit and hoping to get some positive innings out of the old geezers was the best you can do.
They weren't underperforming, though. According to their Pythagorean prior to this run, they were overperforming.

Injuries decimated the rotation along with the BP being shit to begin with.

They wouldn't have had to trade for Happ or Lester in the first place if they signed a starter in the offseason.

The BP, along with Happ and Lester, is smoke and mirrors.

Enjoyable run, but the fact that they're in a play-in game, as opposed to having a chance at clinching the Central, is due to the FO's inaction.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They weren't underperforming, though. According to their Pythagorean prior to this run, they were overperforming.

Injuries decimated the rotation along with the BP being shit to begin with.

They wouldn't have had to trade for Happ or Lester in the first place if they signed a starter in the offseason.

The BP, along with Happ and Lester, is smoke and mirrors.

Enjoyable run, but the fact that they're in a play-in game, as opposed to having a chance at clinching the Central, is due to the FO's inaction.
no way am I defending a damn thing Mo does. Or the billionaire Dewitt’s need to make $30-$60 million profit every year.
[Reply]
Miles 09:03 PM 09-28-2021
There is 17
[Reply]
Frazod 10:04 PM 09-28-2021
Punched their playoff ticket with No. 17. :-)

I guess I'm eating a full murder of crows because I thought they'd be lucky to finish at .500.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:15 PM 09-28-2021
I'm torn between this is fun and wanting Mo canned still.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm torn between this is fun and wanting Mo canned still.
I know that feeling all too well but no matter what, we are stuck with Mo next year. Not a chance in hell of him moving on next year. So just enjoy this respite of watching shit baseball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:28 AM 09-29-2021
Damn. I can't help myself. I love Cardinals baseball. Right when I start thinking about giving up on them, they jump up and do something amazing.

GO REDBIRDS
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:34 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damn. I can't help myself. I love Cardinals baseball. Right when I start thinking about giving up on them, they jump up and do something amazing.

GO REDBIRDS
Yea this team is something, every time I write them off they do something crazy like this. Its been a fun stretch regardless of what happens.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
Punched their playoff ticket with No. 17. :-)

I guess I'm eating a full murder of crows because I thought they'd be lucky to finish at .500.
On Sept 7th they had a 2.7% chance of making the playoffs and clinched the WC with 5 games to go. That is pure insanity but statics can't account for a 17 game win streak. I mean if they go a very respectable 12-5 in that span they would be fighting for their lives still.

Also I am enjoying the fact Carpenter is riding the bench hard and hasn't contributed to jack shit in this run.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:02 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Also I am enjoying the fact Carpenter is riding the bench hard and hasn't contributed to jack shit in this run.
He's contributed mightily by his absence. If that prick starts during that span they probably go 7-10.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:01 PM 09-29-2021
Arenado says he’s staying not opting out.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 40
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up