ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Felix working with Tamba
staylor26 08:40 AM 04-24-2024
This is GREAT to see. Was going to post it in the Felix thread, but figured many wouldn't see it.

Stay working stay studying your craft never become complacent. @fanudike @TysonKilbey pic.twitter.com/azvKPYyOmM

— Tamba Hali (@TambaHali91) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:07 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
That's.... weird. Teachers in our lives are invaluable, why would Alex Smith and Tamba be any different?
Yeah. Why do we even need coaches on this team? Sure, maybe keep a couple of them to fart around with the playbook or whatever, but do we need position coaches at all? The players already know how to play!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:19 PM 05-04-2024
Tambas an all time great. Dude she be the drum deck major every game or something.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:24 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Tamba putting in that work. Is that sweat?

Bro he is DRENCHED holy shit
[Reply]
tredadda 01:33 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Perfectly understandable but I think it's kind of a slap in the face to say if Mahomes wouldn't have had tutelage behind Alex Smith he wouldn't be as good as he is today...or assuming Karlaftis wouldn't become a good player had he not worked out with Tamba Hali.

I expect FAU to be alot better and it will have very little to do with Tamba Hali.
Disagree. There is a lot of nuance to playing in the NFL, especially at DE. Raw talent can only take a player so far. A lot of success also is a product of technique which has to be learned. Who better to teach that than someone who has a very successful career playing at the same position as George and FAU?
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 01:52 PM 05-04-2024
Perfectly understandable but I think it's kind of a slap in the face to say if Mahomes wouldn't have had tutelage behind Alex Smith he wouldn't be as good as he is today...or assuming Karlaftis wouldn't become a good player had he not worked out with Tamba Hali.

I expect FAU to be alot better and it will have very little to do with Tamba Hali.
How is it a slap in the face to say a really good player learned alot from another player?

No-one does it with out help.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:57 PM 05-04-2024
Before the Miami playoff game that was sub-zero, I actually ran into Tamba (actually he sat down next to me). I asked him how he would’ve felt playing in this cold weather. He told me he would’ve loved it because he used to sweat so much.

When he said it, I was incredulous. Now seeing that video? I think I understand.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 05:45 PM 05-04-2024

[Reply]
Kiimo 06:01 PM 05-04-2024
I'm even more impressed with FAU and George working out with him.

After one time I'd be like bro I'm not touching you, get a fucking towel or something
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:36 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Tamba putting in that work. Is that sweat?

Might want to pay an OT to hold the guys, because Tampa runnin out of juice!
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:46 AM 05-05-2024

I am sure Mahomes would be the player he is today with or without Alex Smith. I don’t think he would have been as good as he was starting in 2018 and 2019 without having worked w/ Alex Smith.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:07 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
I am sure Mahomes would be the player he is today with or without Alex Smith. I don’t think he would have been as good as he was starting in 2018 and 2019 without having worked w/ Alex Smith.
Yeah Alex Smith taught him how to sling it to all of those WRs when he threw 50 touchdown passes his first year.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:17 AM 05-05-2024
Yeah Alex Smith taught him how to sling it to all of those WRs when he threw 50 touchdown passes his first year.
You should probably check out what Mahomes himself said about the influence Smith had on him, especially regarding preparing for games.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:22 AM 05-05-2024

Man, one day I'm going to see you have the RIGHT take on a subject. Your history has been nothing short of astounding so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:33 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You should probably check out what Mahomes himself said about the influence Smith had on him, especially regarding preparing for games.
Yeah. Mahomes is a great teammate. He will tell you the back up janitor had a hand in helping him become the player he is today.

Had we let Mahoms play from day 1 and traded Smiff we would have 4 SBs instead of 3.

Tamba was a guy seeing ghosts and calling the cops routinely about it 5 years ago. Had some paranoia bouts so this is good for him. Being engaged in the organization. I hope the CTE doesn't do him in but being engaged like this has to help him cope.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 10:33 AM 05-05-2024
Just hire him as a coach
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up