ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
TwistedChief 10:22 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
One of my buddies sent me a clip from an Outkick (I know) podcast. They were saying that Williams hasn't hired an NFLPA approved agent because during the interview process they were asking potential agents if they'd be willing to subvert the collective bargaining agreement by demanding the team break the rookie scale. I have no idea if that's true.

https://video.outkick.com/m/eoQ9wH6r...on-and-withrow
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:26 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.
So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:27 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 AM 03-01-2024
I really think he's a Jamarcus Russell sized bust. Like a Ryan Leaf level fail.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:11 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I really think he's a Jamarcus Russell sized bust. Like a Ryan Leaf level fail.
Exactly why asking for part ownership in a team that you could faceplant on is ridiculous, among other reasons.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:13 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Exactly why asking for part ownership in a team that you could faceplant on is ridiculous, among other reasons.
Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...
That's good.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That's good.

Thanks.
No problem...:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 03-01-2024
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:17 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?
But if you don't pay a guy in the collective you have a network of connected people that will work 24/7 on destroying your brand.

Maybe that is the more expensive route seeing as how great QB's make so much endorsement $$$?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:10 AM 03-01-2024
How the contract is structured matters. Agents also set up classes and coaching for how to interview. Teams and others are going to toss out rumors and things like that to drop his stock so he falls to another team. Agents have a direct line to the coaches and GMs to immediately refute the rumors and kill them before they gain ground. It seems like he needs that with his wildcard dad.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:15 PM 03-30-2024
I think he should have an agent. Agents do more than just get your NFL contract, they help manage all of your outside opps which will pay more than his salary with all the hype.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:24 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I think he should have an agent. Agents do more than just get your NFL contract, they help manage all of your outside opps which will pay more than his salary with all the hype.
Maybe it's Caleb, maybe it's Maybelline?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
“I don’t see any problems with Caleb.” ~ John Manziel
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
Only Mahomes can be good according to CP
[Reply]
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up