ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Heavy Metal & Hard Rock thread
GloucesterChief 08:23 PM 04-18-2023
Heavy Metal and Hard Rock bands I have seen live: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Alter Bridge, Band-Maid, Alice in Chains, Ministry, The Cult, Alice Cooper, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, Trivium, Megadeth, Epica, Sabaton, Ghost, Hatebreed
[Reply]
rocknrolla 07:50 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Heavy Metal and Hard Rock bands I have seen live: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Alter Bridge, Band-Maid, Alice in Chains, Ministry, The Cult, Alice Cooper, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, Trivium, Megadeth, Epica, Sabaton, Ghost, Hatebreed
Alter Bridge??? go fuck your self. Thats not hard rock or heavy metal, bubble gum bullshit!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 04-18-2023
My first concert was in 1977 - KISS Alive II tour. with AC/DC - Let There Be Rock - Bon Scott

Saw Iron Maiden w/ Paul Di'Anno KILLERS tour with Judas Priest - Point of Entry

Iron Maiden - Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock w/ Back in Black - Nashville both tours together because BIB was canceled because of weather that year.

I have way too many to list because the list is long.
Def Leppard - 1983 Pyromania 1987 Hysteria

Van Halen - Van Halen II, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, Diver Down.

Krokus - Headhunter, Warrant, Skid Row, Quiet Riot - enough
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Judas Priest - Point of Entry
An often-overlooked but legit great album.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 10:14 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Awesome album
[Reply]
Stryker 07:27 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As well as Iron Maiden - Killers
[Reply]
Stryker 09:01 PM 04-18-2023
METALLICA - Fade to Black

PANTERA - Cowboys from Hell

MALICE - Rockin' With You

LOUDNESS - Crazy Nights

[Reply]
Stryker 09:05 PM 04-18-2023
Rammstein - Angst

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:33 PM 04-18-2023
In junior high school and high school I was listening to psychedelic and prog rock and a little bit of punk.

I ignored metal in high school and ignored pop music, although some party music was better than other.

But I started listening to metal about five years ago and have gotten into Mettallica.

Like a lot of music I listen to, it was mostly people doing covers that got me into metal. Some of which I've posted on other threads.

Metal covers of songs from back in the day.

Like I had heard this song on the radio too many times to count. But I never really thought that much about the song. Just another okay pop song. Until I put headphones on and really listen to the emotion in this version cranked up to eleven...

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Stryker 09:12 PM 04-18-2023
Your gonna love this..

Rammstein - Dicke Titten

[Reply]
kpic 05:33 AM 04-19-2023
Now I know why Stryker was posting in the 'Old People' thread, that tour with Priest & Maiden together would have been 1981\1982!

I wasn't really fair in my original post regarding the band Hellion & its lead singer Ann Boleyn, I made it sound like she was just some hot female singer (I mean she was) but in reality she started her own band label (New Renaissance Records) when they couldn't get a major label deal (this at that time don't forget was in a heavy male dominated field) but vocally she was also right up there with the best of them.

Prior to seeing them live, this was one of the times I figured there was no way she could match belting out the songs live compared to what was on tape but she way exceeded that by a large margin. Its not even fair to label her 'for a woman singer' I'd put her right on top along with the other all-time outstanding singers from my live list; Eric Adams (Manowar), Bruce, Rob & King Diamond.

The only other time I was unexpectedly surprised like that was with Bobby Blitz (Overkill) another time I thought no way he could match singing live to what was on tape but was proven wrong.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:13 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by kpic:
Now I know why Stryker was posting in the 'Old People' thread, that tour with Priest & Maiden together would have been 1981\1982!

I wasn't really fair in my original post regarding the band Hellion & its lead singer Ann Boleyn, I made it sound like she was just some hot female singer (I mean she was) but in reality she started her own band label (New Renaissance Records) when they couldn't get a major label deal (this at that time don't forget was in a heavy male dominated field) but vocally she was also right up there with the best of them.

Prior to seeing them live, this was one of the times I figured there was no way she could match belting out the songs live compared to what was on tape but she way exceeded that by a large margin. Its not even fair to label her 'for a woman singer' I'd put her right on top along with the other all-time outstanding singers from my live list; Eric Adams (Manowar), Bruce, Rob & King Diamond.

The only other time I was unexpectedly surprised like that was with Bobby Blitz (Overkill) another time I thought no way he could match singing live to what was on tape but was proven wrong.
You are correct! :-)
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:39 AM 04-19-2023

anybody remember this super group? former Black Sabbath members Ray Gillen and Eric Singer with Ozzys axe man, Jake E. Lee
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:04 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
....anybody remember this super group? former Black Sabbath members Ray Gillen and Eric Singer with Ozzys axe man, Jake E. Lee
Absolutely. Solid hard rock.
Still in semi-regular rotation here.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:26 AM 04-19-2023

[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up