ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 33
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:25 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:

That bit cracked me up.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:37 PM 08-05-2023
This was a rough episode to watch yet still better then S02E03.

The dude playing J.T.K is, to me, completely and utterly unconvincing as Kirk. Zero charisma/charm/swagger.

Shatner's Kirk kicked ass and fucked his way out of trouble.

Pine's Kirk kicked ass and was more intelligent.

Wesley's Kirk seems like he would complain to HR knowing he would likely get his way because he is handsome.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:18 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
This was a rough episode to watch yet still better then S02E03.

The dude playing J.T.K is, to me, completely and utterly unconvincing as Kirk. Zero charisma/charm/swagger.

Shatner's Kirk kicked ass and fucked his way out of trouble.

Pine's Kirk kicked ass and was more intelligent.

Wesley's Kirk seems like he would complain to HR knowing he would likely get his way because he is handsome.

He is Darrin from Bewitched. They put him in the wrong reboot.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:39 PM 08-05-2023
THATS IT! PERFECT!
[Reply]
Frazod 04:01 PM 08-05-2023
Nice. :-)

He is starting to grow on me a bit, but I still think they could have made him much more charismatic. I suspect they didn't so he wouldn't steal Pike's thunder.

Obviously his relationship with Carol is doomed, so I suspect he'll probably end up boning La'an at some point next season.
[Reply]
007 05:50 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

He is starting to grow on me a bit, but I still think they could have made him much more charismatic. I suspect they didn't so he wouldn't steal Pike's thunder.

Obviously his relationship with Carol is doomed, so I suspect he'll probably end up boning La'an at some point next season.

KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:58 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN
It'll be very awkward family Reunion Great great great Grandpa here's Jim he's popping me so much we'll start another Eugenics program
[Reply]
Frazod 06:21 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN
:-) Oh shit that didn't even occur to me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:25 PM 08-05-2023
SNW seems as if there are only two goals:

1) torture Pike in order to add dramatic weight to his ultimate fate.

2) shape Spock into a man who eschews being half human and go full bore into being Vulcan.
[Reply]
007 06:27 PM 08-05-2023
:-) Oh shit that didn't even occur to me.

How in the hell did you not see that?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:34 PM 08-05-2023
Also, remember Kirk on TOS is basically Superman. He's the exemplar of GR's utopian society high in intelligence and morals. I think it's fair to say Wesley is playing up an understated Kirk from an angle of humility.

Also come on. Shatner was in the 60s/70s Television era which, unless I'm mistaken, was considered closer to stage acting more than it was cinema which means more "hitting the back wall" than staying more grounded.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 03:35 PM 08-06-2023
Originally Posted by modocsot:
Lifelong Star Trek and sci-if fan with DS9 and BSG being my favorites. I purposefully pulled out the stick from up my butt prior to starting this episode. I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and everyone clearly had fun with producing it. But my enjoyment was because of the removal of the stick.
Sorry, I just despise musicals. I hate Sound of Muzak, and pretty much everything that came after it.

The ONLY musicals I can tolerate is when performing musical numbers makes sense within the story. People spontaneously breaking out in song just irks me.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:22 AM 08-07-2023

Maybe at the end of the series there will be an intense series of events that pushes him into becoming the Kirk we are familiar with. That would be cool.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:24 AM 08-07-2023
There are going to be several memorable characters that don't make the transition to ST:TOS. Could be some epic deaths coming.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:53 AM 08-07-2023
There are going to be several memorable characters that don't make the transition to ST:TOS. Could be some epic deaths coming.
I like to see stoic Spock and fully embraces Kolinahr. Zachery Quinto's portraying "human" Spock
[Reply]
Page 20 of 33
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up