ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 313
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
poolboy 03:42 PM 07-28-2021
Blake and Noah really improve the TEs
[Reply]
staylor26 03:42 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Really excited to see what we do with Trav, Noah and Blake in random spots this season.

We have a counter to everything a defense wants to do:
- Defend speed deep? Cool, we'll have our big possession targets fill holes underneath.
- Flood the middle? Cool, we'll beat you over the top and on the corners with Tyreek & Mecole.
- Drop 7-8? Cool, we'll have Clyde & the big boys wreck your world on the ground.
I think that’s what everything they did this offseason on offense is all about.

This is our counter to the NFL’s “blueprint”.
[Reply]
wazu 03:43 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think that may prove correct, but jeez, it's the first real day of camp. :-)
A nutless monkey could’ve come into camp and immediately been the best TE2 of the Reid era.
[Reply]
oldman 03:44 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I'm thinking he probably could have ended his tweet after the word "return".
[Reply]
BossChief 03:46 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Gray just looks so smooth. He’s by far the best TE2 we’ve had in Reid’s tenure.
Let’s slow down a hair…I like the kid too but this time last year we were circle jerking over a TE I can even remember the name of now.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Let’s slow down a hair…I like the kid too but this time last year we were circle jerking over a TE I can even remember the name of now.
Again, I’m just talking in terms of talent.

The bar isn’t exactly high either, as I’ve also already said.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 07-28-2021
Slow down a hair over what? We're talking about a 2nd string TE. It's not like the dude is being compared to Kelce or Gonzo for christ's sake lol.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:56 PM 07-28-2021
Again, I’m just talking in terms of talent.

The bar isn’t exactly high either, as I’ve also already said.
I’m with ya man. He’s definitely been impressive thus far and I agree he has a high upside.

Let’s see if that continues once the pads are on and the bullets are flying.

FRT I’m in love with almost every pick the last 3 drafts, this kid included.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:56 PM 07-28-2021
Keizer, yes? I was really excited to see what Ricky Seals-Jones had - nothing, apparently?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:58 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Keizer, yes? I was really excited to see what Ricky Seals-Jones had - nothing, apparently?
Who the hell was high on Keizer?

RSJ was the only guy i recall having any remote interest in and that guy did dick in camp.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:00 PM 07-28-2021
I think that’s what everything they did this offseason on offense is all about.

This is our counter to the NFL’s “blueprint”.
I have very high hopes.

It's why I said earlier in the offseason that we may be much more efficient but less 'explosive'- teams may very well play to not get beat over the top, and we will now have the horses to shove it down their throat and beat them with TE's if they choose that path.

There may be less of the heroic Mahomes and more of a surgical approach.

Either way, you're fucked.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:02 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I have very high hopes.

It's why I said earlier in the offseason that we may be much more efficient but less 'explosive'- teams may very well play to not get beat over the top, and we will now have the horses to shove it down their throat and beat them with TE's if they choose that path.

There may be less of the heroic Mahomes and more of a surgical approach.

Either way, you're fucked.
The season can’t get here soon enough.

Now that I know with full confidence that we’re legitimate contenders this time of year, I’m always nervous about injuries.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:16 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Slow down a hair over what? We're talking about a 2nd string TE. It's not like the dude is being compared to Kelce or Gonzo for christ's sake lol.
We’re we more excited about RSJ or Noah, comparatively speaking?

Again, I’m in love with the pick and my nature is to get ahead of myself with optimism. Those are the kinds of things I usually say. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:17 PM 07-28-2021
Prior to 2021, the Chiefs in the Reid era drafted one TE. Travis Kelce.

It's not going to be that fucking hard to top the chart as the best TE2 when that's your competition.

And that's not even to shit on Demetrius Harris. Everybody hated that guy for his hands, but he came up with some clutch catches for TDs in the final 1-2 seasons for us. Was a nice player as a complement to Kelce.

I still think Gray will be better, though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:52 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm thinking he probably could have ended his tweet after the word "return".
Never say never, Long could be a lifesaver somewhere down the line this season
[Reply]
Page 22 of 313
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up