ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 185
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 09:19 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well I'm new to appreciating bourbon (that means I'm no longer killing it with Diet Coke), but I'm not sure Jim Beam Peach gets me into any bourbon drinker's inner circle.

I've now tried the Jim Beam Apple and, meh, it's not as good as the peach. I also got a bottle of the Crown Peach, and y'all were right, it's VERY sweet!

Oh well, good times, And I still have my Vodka and Costco Garlic/Jalapeno-stuffed olives to fall back on if this peach stage passes..
You might not like real bourbon or whiskey. That’s ok. Nothing about those fruit whiskeys is like a good bourbon/whiskey.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:20 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not a bourbon fan. Love Scotch and Irish whiskey but can't stomach bourbon. Not sure why? What would you guys say you enjoy about bourbon.
A variety of notes with hints of sweetness. Aging can bring on all different tasting notes. I don’t care for scotch and Peaty notes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
A variety of notes with hints of sweetness. Aging can bring on all different tasting notes. I don’t care for scotch and Peaty notes.
Okay, that actually makes sense.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:30 AM 11-13-2020
Not a bourbon fan. Love Scotch and Irish whiskey but can't stomach bourbon. Not sure why? What would you guys say you enjoy about bourbon.
As a bourbon noob and not so much picking up on the subtleties, it's the barrel and sweetness for me. I can mix it with all sorts of things to add a little of both, and have also been drinking some Elijah Craig lately that's freakin' smooth and doesn't need anything added.

The Office Michael Scott GIF from Theoffice GIFs

I have a bottle of Macallan 10 and just can't get into it... it's also very smooth, which I can appreciate, but just don't care for the flavor of it straight and haven't even found a good mix for it (not that I've tried much).
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 11-13-2020
I'm a scotch guy myself, but i love bourbon too.

I have a 25 year macallan that I procured through a golf tourney that I'm waiting for a Chiefs back to back SB win to pop.

I had a sweet bottle of Pappy's but fucking OTWP 58 has nine damn lives.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
As a bourbon noob and not so much picking up on the subtleties, it's the barrel and sweetness for me. I can mix it with all sorts of things to add a little of both, and have also been drinking some Elijah Craig lately that's freakin' smooth and doesn't need anything added.

I have a bottle of Macallan 10 and just can't get into it... it's also very smooth, which I can appreciate, but just don't care for the flavor of it straight and haven't even found a good mix for it (not that I've tried much).
Don't you mix that macallan, You drink it on the rocks with a small splash of water or neat you bastard.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:51 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don't you mix that macallan, You drink it on the rocks with a small splash of water or neat you bastard.
Heh, I figured someone would find that sacrilegious. :-)

I'm keeping it around, figured one day I might gain more of an appreciation for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

People keep talking about "sweetness" in their bourbon. Honestly, that might be the issue for me. For example, I don't really like wine unless it's REALLY dry.
[Reply]
O.city 11:52 AM 11-13-2020
People keep talking about "sweetness" in their bourbon. Honestly, that might be the issue for me. For example, I don't really like wine unless it's REALLY dry.
Have you tried any rye bourbon? I’m not a fan but it’s more heat than sweet
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:48 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Have you tried any rye bourbon? I’m not a fan but it’s more heat than sweet
Ironically, I have not even though Templeton is made here in Iowa.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:53 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The 10 year?
Standard
[Reply]
scho63 01:58 PM 11-13-2020
This. Bourbon all day over scotch.

Just preference.
Tried a couple of Bourbons at Fox Cigar Bar and Lounge last week and they just were too harsh for me. Elijah Craig and Buffalo Trace. Tried them neat.

I guess I'll always be a scotch guy, Oban 14 being my go to. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:17 PM 11-13-2020
Ironically, I have not even though Templeton is made here in Iowa.
They’re a bit too hot for me but a lot of people like them

The angels envy rye is not bad if you have a chance
[Reply]
A8bil 03:06 PM 11-13-2020
The explosion of craft bourbons, and more recently of high barrel proof bourbon, has made the experience of trying new bourbons much more interesting. I have traditionally been a big scotch fan (Lagavullin Distillers edition and Macallan 18 year being my favorite), but more recently have dug into the craft bourbon world. If you like wine barrel finishes, Dave Phinney's Savage & Cooke produces some really interesting selections. For high proof, two recent favorites are from Woodinville and the single barrel selection at Peerless.

For scotch fans, you might have fun expanding your horizons to look at Swedish and Indian whisky. From India, Amrut and Paul John are making some great single malts. In Sweden, Mackmyra, Spirit of Hven and Box are also making great whisky. The style of most of these is similar to lowland scotch so a bit lighter for those who aren't into the big peaty scotch flavors.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:21 PM 11-13-2020
This. Bourbon all day over scotch.

Just preference.
I've drank quite a few "nice" scotches in my day. I'm somebody that tries something over and over and over again until I'm convinced I don't like it. All that and I'm not made for scotch drinking.

Now I'll never turn down a good liquor and I'm guessing I'll come to the same conclusion the next time around, but your tastes change.

Bourbon suits me much better right now.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 185
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up