ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 349 of 469
« First < 249299339345346347348349 350351352353359399449 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:16 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Vinnie Pasquantino has shown a hell of a lot more than "promise". That line alone makes me disregard this fella's opinion. He doesn't know shit. None of the national sportswriting crew does.

"shows promise". **** out of here with that, as it pertains to VP.
I mean...what would you say? He's a guaranteed All-Star?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:38 PM 08-19-2022
[QUOTE=dlphg9;16419372]

Huh? How could you possibly say any player has proven anything with less than 175 ABs? Saying that they show promise is 100% correct.
Because it doesn't take a large sample size for plate discipline stats to normalize. It actually takes a small sample size, a sample size VP has already achieved. That works both ways. K-rates too high also normalize in small samples. That's great news for VP and bad news for Pratto, but none of this information was anything that writer considered before he banged out his AI-quality "analysis".

Don't test me on mathematical matters, sir.
[Reply]
tk13 03:44 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I know we're all upset about the Royals being shitty but this comment is dumb. DM took a franchise from the worst in MLB to two pennants and a WS title something that other small markets like Oakland, TB, and Cleveland never attained. I would much rather experience '14 and '15 and have a trophy rather than consistently field good teams that lose in the postseason. Easterby has never come close to that kind of success.
That's because Easterby's almost literally a pastor who had no experience and still became GM. There might not be a less qualified guy in a leadership position in sports. He was also part of Pioli's regime here so that's another huge strike, but he's never really done anything like coaching or scouting.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:56 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I know we're all upset about the Royals being shitty but this comment is dumb. DM took a franchise from the worst in MLB to two pennants and a WS title something that other small markets like Oakland, TB, and Cleveland never attained. I would much rather experience '14 and '15 and have a trophy rather than consistently field good teams that lose in the postseason. Easterby has never come close to that kind of success.
Dayton Moore literally has 2 winning seasons...think about that.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:01 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I mean...what would you say? He's a guaranteed All-Star?
"All-star quality predictive metrics" would be fine.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:12 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dayton Moore literally has 2 winning seasons...think about that.
Yup.

Imagine if we had NOT won the Pennant in both of those winning seasons. It'd be pretty ugly around here.

Those '2 winning seasons' are the ONLY thing saving his job right now . . . . .
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:25 PM 08-19-2022
[QUOTE=Vladimir_Kyrilytch;16419435]
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Because it doesn't take a large sample size for plate discipline stats to normalize. It actually takes a small sample size, a sample size VP has already achieved. That works both ways. K-rates too high also normalize in small samples. That's great news for VP and bad news for Pratto, but none of this information was anything that writer considered before he banged out his AI-quality "analysis".

Don't test me on mathematical matters, sir.
I've seen the stuff you bitch about and it's always pointless shit. The guy wasn't writing an article on VPs success. It was about rebuilds and they are saying we have no pitching.

Ok Mr Mathematics show me the data on plate discipline and prove what you are saying is correct. Otherwise quit acting like some know it all.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:44 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yup.

Imagine if we had NOT won the Pennant in both of those winning seasons. It'd be pretty ugly around here.

Those '2 winning seasons' are the ONLY thing saving his job right now . . . . .
He wouldn't be here now if they hadn't have won the pennants surely. BTA :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:55 PM 08-19-2022
[QUOTE=Mecca;16419361]

Nothing said is wrong, the Royals can't develop pitching to save their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:08 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

I've seen the stuff you bitch about and it's always pointless shit. The guy wasn't writing an article on VPs success. It was about rebuilds and they are saying we have no pitching.

Ok Mr Mathematics show me the data on plate discipline and prove what you are saying is correct. Otherwise quit acting like some know it all.
Oh no Mr. dlphg9 you challenged me on sabermetrics. That's an uphill battle.

I present to you an article on fangraphs entitled "When Samples Become Reliable". Here is the link:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/when-sam...come-reliable/

Go ahead and dive in, because it is a short article that very directly proves what I said before, and I'm not entirely sure the table of the following control-V is going to format correctly.

Originally Posted by :
Without further delay, here are the results of his article as far as when certain statistics stabilize for individual hitters:

50 PA: Swing %
100 PA: Contact Rate
150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
250 PA: Flyball Rate
300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
550 PA: ISO
Hey look at that Mr. DLPGH, at 150 PA, strikeout rate stabilizes, and it takes a third of that sample size to judge swing %.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:50 PM 08-19-2022
BWJ 2-run dinger
[Reply]
poolboy 05:51 PM 08-19-2022
Bwitt is back....even Matheny cant keep a good man down
[Reply]
PHOG 06:07 PM 08-19-2022
Pick-off play at 2nd gets them out of the bases loaded jam
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:07 PM 08-19-2022
Brady Singer=Huge Balls.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:13 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Bwitt is back....even Matheny cant keep a good man down
Nope, that can’t be.

I read here on CP he sucks and is overrated.
[Reply]
Page 349 of 469
« First < 249299339345346347348349 350351352353359399449 > Last »
Up