ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
jettio 05:02 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If you’re judging a player on making the pro bowl then I suppose Mitch Schwartz was never that great of a right tackle...
I see what you did there....reverse psychomo gogical...inferential okey doke.

I don't criticize players all that much. I like criticizing the folks that criticize players that are doing a good job and appreciated by the players on the team they play for.

Seems like everybody in the D-Line room and everybody in the defensive meeting room thinks Frank Clark is great.

Same for Mitch Schwartz in the o-line room and the offensive meeting room. I doubt I ever criticized Mitch Schwartz anywhere.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:37 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Frank Clark is not a problem for the Chiefs. The only problem for the Chiefs is an Andy Reid heart attack or an injury to The Franchise. Everyone around those two are now ancillary. Now that you guys are over the hump and into greatness, you need to remember to think like Bill Belichick: do not overpay for aging stars, better to let them go a year too early than overpay to keep them a year too late, and just make sure you keep The Franchise upright.
Yeah I guess that is why we kicked the Bucs ass in the SB..

Oh wait...

Frank Clark is definitely a problem and he needs to go asap. The homers will disagree but it is the truth. Veach made a mistake w the trade. It happens. What's important is he moves on when Clark's contract is up.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:05 PM 05-18-2021
FC needs someone on the other side just as threatening so as to not allow FC to be neutralized. Even our own DT was somewhat neutralized when Neil Smith left. His void was never filled.

The only rush DE/LB that I ever saw play who didn't need a threatening force from the other side was "like a crazed dog" LT !! And how many of those guys do you see that often?
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:22 PM 05-18-2021
trade for clark was not a mistake, he was essential in the superbowl run
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:32 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
trade for clark was not a mistake, he was essential in the superbowl run
That’s perfectly fine. I don’t like the compensation given up but the Super Bowl was worth it.

Now, in 2021 and beyond he absolutely is a problem. He has a contract in the same realm as guys like Bosa, Donald, and Mack despite offering a fraction of the production. Going forward his “attitude” and “intangibles” aren’t worth $28 million a year putting up 6 sacks a year and getting shutdown by basically any tackle with a pulse.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:53 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
FC needs someone on the other side just as threatening so as to not allow FC to be neutralized. Even our own DT was somewhat neutralized when Neil Smith left. His void was never filled.

The only rush DE/LB that I ever saw play who didn't need a threatening force from the other side was "like a crazed dog" LT !! And how many of those guys do you see that often?
Do you know how much money we are currently spending on Clark and Jones? I'm just saying he's got Chris Jones... That should be enough help for what he is making...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:35 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:

why? He gets one on ones almost every snap, he just doesn't win them often anymore.

Nobody's shifting anything to deal with him.

He's just not the same guy.

And he's had Jones right there, who DOES get a shit-ton of double teams. Not anymore though, because Reed is in there too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:59 PM 05-18-2021
Frank Clark is not a problem for the Chiefs. The only problem for the Chiefs is an Andy Reid heart attack or an injury to The Franchise. Everyone around those two are now ancillary. Now that you guys are over the hump and into greatness, you need to remember to think like Bill Belichick: do not overpay for aging stars, better to let them go a year too early than overpay to keep them a year too late, and just make sure you keep The Franchise upright.
I agree. An injury to me and this team is fucked.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:36 PM 05-18-2021
Also... everybody has been predicting an Andy Reid heart attack death since he started Year 1 in Philly.

Look, some guys can be really freaking fat and be healthy as an ox (mostly). He's never had any problems. Will he develop health problems? Eventually, yeah. And I know health has a weird way of being there for you and steady and reliable and the next morning you wind up dead...

But the guy has a super high stress job. Has gone through personal tragedy in his family. Gains/loses dozens of pounds from year to year. And he still buzzes around the office as energetic as he's ever been.

Some people aren't conventional. You look at Andy Reid and go, "Fucking fat guy. Old. Not good. Heart attack for sure." Well.... we're waiting. I was promised a heart attack. Where is it? Where's my Andy Reid heart attack. Hasn't happened yet. And I'm starting to think the guy is going to retire before anything catastrophic occurs. He's going to get away with it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:20 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I agree. An injury to me and this team is ****ed.
why? is 6 sacks really that huge a loss?

With Reed and Jones collapsing pockets, does Clark really matter all that much?

He's been pretty ordinary.

I think we have other ordinary guys. Hell, I bet if you started Tim Ward for 17 games, you'd get 6 sacks.

I'm sure we'll sign a guy like Ingram to help the rotation, but I just don't think we're ****ed if Clark doesn't play.

If we have a rash of injuries like the 2020 offensive line we would be, but so would anyone. You can't be 3 deep in all-pros everywhere.
[Reply]
srvy 10:15 PM 05-18-2021
I love Frank Clark but he needs to step it up. I'm not worried at all because we have the Mr. Wolf of GM's. He is the fixer and if Frank can't get it done it will be fixed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
why? is 6 sacks really that huge a loss?

With Reed and Jones collapsing pockets, does Clark really matter all that much?

He's been pretty ordinary.

I think we have other ordinary guys. Hell, I bet if you started Tim Ward for 17 games, you'd get 6 sacks.

I'm sure we'll sign a guy like Ingram to help the rotation, but I just don't think we're ****ed if Clark doesn't play.

If we have a rash of injuries like the 2020 offensive line we would be, but so would anyone. You can't be 3 deep in all-pros everywhere.
Check the post out again. Keep in mind the name of the user you quoted.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:59 PM 05-18-2021
Another absolutely clueless Direction thread
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:30 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yeah I guess that is why we kicked the Bucs ass in the SB..

Oh wait...

Frank Clark is definitely a problem and he needs to go asap. The homers will disagree but it is the truth. Veach made a mistake w the trade. It happens. What's important is he moves on when Clark's contract is up.
There is no way in hell after winning a Super Bowl that Brett Beach made a mistake getting us Frank Clark. Our defense was pretty damn good last year and Frank Clark gives this defense some fortitude it didn't have before. What the fuck was our defense doing just the year before Brett rehauld the defense?

I think Frank Clark knows he has to step it up this year or he will be replaced it's that simple.

I hope Brett Beach makes more mistakes that win us Super Bowl
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:44 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think having his attitude and mentality was pretty imperative for the defensive overhaul.

But that's done and now you need him to kick ass and produce while being a leader too.
For true. It's put up or shut up time, a man provides.Otherwise he's a broke -dick dawg.
A man provides.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up