ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Are you willing to trade up in the first for an LT?
ntexascardfan 02:45 PM 03-16-2021
If so, how much draft capitol are you willing to give up for them and who do you want?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm basing all this on the idea that I trust them to be right. If not, move on and look to do it again in a few years.
You mean like when they traded up to get Breeland Speaks?

Nobody is perfect.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which is why just throwing draft picks at the position, just to have a LT, isn't the answer, either.

The Chiefs cannot trade up to take a left tackle, only to have the 2013 version of Eric Fisher out there for 17 games.

If Veach determines the only way to go into the season with a quality LT is to throw a 1st and 2nd at the position, I'm fine with it but he'd better be right because if not, they're out at least one valuable pick AND they're doing it all over again next year.
Yep.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:10 PM 03-17-2021
At this point I would rather throw two first rounders to the Texans for Tunsil than drop the draft capital it would take to get a sure fire thing at left tackle in the draft this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 03-17-2021
The only way to answer questions like this is to know where to? For who? And what are we giving up?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:26 PM 03-17-2021
We've only had two first round picks in the last five seasons.... we've been to two super bowls.....all it took was two firsts and a third to get to #10 to get the "no look kid" a few years ago...I'd rather not trade up....but it wouldn't be a franchise killer
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
We've only had two first round picks in the last five seasons.... we've been to two super bowls.....all it took was two firsts and a third to get to ten to get the "no look kid" a few years ago...I'd rather not trade up....but it wouldn't be a franchise killer
Trading up for a franchise QB when you don't have one is worth the risk. It's what opens your Super Bowl window.

Once your window is open, you stop taking risks like that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm basing all this on the idea that I trust them to be right. If not, move on and look to do it again in a few years.
My personal belief is that this is an extraordinarily weird year to ask them to be "right" about the left tackle position due to the overwhelmingly strange year due to COVID.

It's far easier to grade skill position WR's, RB's, CB and safeties this year than DE's and offensive lineman, especially when you're talking about the absolute need for the left tackle to be ready to face the Patriots, Ravens, Redskins, Titans and Bills defenses Week 1, not to mention their division rivals in the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos.

If their rookie left tackle faces a Bill Belichick defense Week 1, he'd better be 100% ready to kick ass because otherwise, Belichick will mindfuck him, something that he may not get over for the entire season.

I'm not against them taking a LT in the first but they'd better have less doubt about it than I do because there is the possibility that it could become a disaster of epic proportions and make the Super Bowl look like a picnic.
[Reply]
el borracho 12:45 PM 03-17-2021
I won't complain if they do trade up, but I wouldn't do it.

I think the offense will be just fine if we improve the Oline from "historically bad" to "better than average." I don't think we need the 2003 Oline (amazing) to win, just get back to the 2018 Oline (pretty good). We can do that without investing multiple first and second round picks in one player.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:54 PM 03-17-2021
Yes, get the best talent on the field especially if you believe the guy will be a Franchise LT protecting the Mahomes Investment
[Reply]
kccrow 03:08 PM 03-17-2021
If I can talk Washington or Miami into moving out of 18/19 for a 2022 2nd, I'm still making that move for Cosmi.

I could concede not trading a 1, but I'm more about quality of talent than the quantity of talent. Given Veach's history of 2nd round picks, I wouldn't be scared the least to send one of those away.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:02 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If I can talk Washington or Miami into moving out of 18/19 for a 2022 2nd, I'm still making that move for Cosmi.

I could concede not trading a 1, but I'm more about quality of talent than the quantity of talent. Given Veach's history of 2nd round picks, I wouldn't be scared the least to send one of those away.
It looks like 19-20 is as high as you can expect to get with a 2022 2nd. Include the 2022 1st and the highest you can expect to get is #12.

Looking at Samuel Cosmi's tape and reading his scouting reports, he sure sounds like what Eric Fisher was... athletic, big, LT, needs some physical development to really hold, little light in the shorts for year 1 LT work.

We've often heard it said Fisher would have been more like a top 20 pick in a better draft, too.

Unless they can get up to take Slater (and believe he's an OT long term) or Darrisaw (would have to get in front of the Chargers, I'd think, unless both are there when SD picks), I don't know that they're much improved in 21 by moving up to take Cosmi vs. taking someone at 31 or even waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to get their guy. In both of those scenarios it seems like the Chiefs need a vet to stop-gap 2021.
[Reply]
O.city 05:37 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It looks like 19-20 is as high as you can expect to get with a 2022 2nd. Include the 2022 1st and the highest you can expect to get is #12.

Looking at Samuel Cosmi's tape and reading his scouting reports, he sure sounds like what Eric Fisher was... athletic, big, LT, needs some physical development to really hold, little light in the shorts for year 1 LT work.

We've often heard it said Fisher would have been more like a top 20 pick in a better draft, too.

Unless they can get up to take Slater (and believe he's an OT long term) or Darrisaw (would have to get in front of the Chargers, I'd think, unless both are there when SD picks), I don't know that they're much improved in 21 by moving up to take Cosmi vs. taking someone at 31 or even waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to get their guy. In both of those scenarios it seems like the Chiefs need a vet to stop-gap 2021.
I’d say that’s about your best hope or what you’ll get with a later first round tackle prospect
[Reply]
Stryker 06:19 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My personal belief is that this is an extraordinarily weird year to ask them to be "right" about the left tackle position due to the overwhelmingly strange year due to COVID.

It's far easier to grade skill position WR's, RB's, CB and safeties this year than DE's and offensive lineman, especially when you're talking about the absolute need for the left tackle to be ready to face the Patriots, Ravens, Redskins, Titans and Bills defenses Week 1, not to mention their division rivals in the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos.

If their rookie left tackle faces a Bill Belichick defense Week 1, he'd better be 100% ready to kick ass because otherwise, Belichick will mindfuck him, something that he may not get over for the entire season.

I'm not against them taking a LT in the first but they'd better have less doubt about it than I do because there is the possibility that it could become a disaster of epic proportions and make the Super Bowl look like a picnic.
Jesus Christ Dane you actually NAILED this one! Well said my man!
[Reply]
Stryker 06:38 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

After viewing the tapes, I would wish for Slater. He looks incredible!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:52 PM 03-17-2021
Check this video - also against Chase Young...DO IT! Do not let him go to the Chargers!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up