ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk cookware
mr. tegu 12:49 PM 10-08-2020
What is your go to type of cookware? Stovetop and in oven? In the past we’ve had nonstick calphalon type pans but I’ve definitely seen how the nonstick coating wears off. The pans also seem to warp. I’m not sure if it’s that type or brand that’s prone to these issues or if it’s all of them but either way we need to upgrade.

It seems steel or cast iron are the most expensive varieties. Then there are copper ones as well. We do have a small steel set that is really nice. One of these days we’d also like a le creuset pot but those are very pricey and just not sure it’s worth it. So what do you have? What do you like or not like about them? Certain kinds for certain uses?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:45 PM 05-18-2021
Quite the odd bump
[Reply]
TLO 02:46 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Quite the odd bump
I'm trying to kill olout off
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 05-18-2021
Quite the odd bump
It's ad spam.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:47 PM 05-18-2021
Mmmm. Spam.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:51 PM 05-18-2021
Mmmm. Spam.
Don't knock it until you've fried it.

In a Prestige Stone Quartz frying pan, of course!
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:28 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't knock it until you've fried it.

In a Prestige Stone Quartz frying pan, of course!
I do like spam. Fried spam sandwich with miracle whip and a thick slice of onion.
[Reply]
CatinKS 03:45 PM 05-18-2021
With reward points on my credit card, acquired some copper skillets. These are the high quality ones that make clean up very easy. They are so slick it is hard to flip my omelet in half. They are now 4 years old, so not as slick and requires some soaking to remove cooked on, but still fairly easy to clean with water, soap and a paper towel.
[Reply]
TLO 03:46 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by CatinKS:
With reward points on my credit card, acquired some copper skillets. These are the high quality ones that make clean up very easy. They are so slick it is hard to flip my omelet in half. They are now 4 years old, so not as slick and requires some soaking to remove cooked on, but still fairly easy to clean with water, soap and a paper towel.
:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:56 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-)
They're trolling you
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:17 AM 05-19-2021
My wife has sold me on the glory of carbon steel.

All the advantages of cast iron, but none of the draw backs, like uneven heating, weight, or clean up.

We’re all Le Crueset, stainless steel, or carbon steel (eggs on carbon steel work too, if you’re not afraid of oil).
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 08:59 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
My wife has sold me on the glory of carbon steel.

All the advantages of cast iron, but none of the draw backs, like uneven heating, weight, or clean up.

We’re all Le Crueset, stainless steel, or carbon steel (eggs on carbon steel work too, if you’re not afraid of oil).
I second this. We either cook on Le Cruset enamel cast iron or on All Clad Copper Core Stainless. I've thrown out all our other cookware. I am intrigued by carbon steel but have not yet tried it. Not sure I want to like something else and then feel the need to buy more lol.
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:04 AM 05-19-2021
I am loving my blackstone! Outside of that, I do have a good cache of cast iron skillets.

my main go to cookware item is something my wife found at Aldi for like 50 bucks. its a multi-cooker that has a warm setting, high and low slow cook settings, low and high skillet settings, and it even bakes. this thing looks like a crock pot but does a boat load of other things. we loved it so much we snagged another one when it was on clearance. we have used it at least 4 times a week every week for the past 3 years.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:16 PM 10-05-2022
My OXO non-stick pans are still rocking it after 2 years. Slick as heck to this day.

ATK was right. They beat every other brand.

Costco has them on sale. It's the 10 and 11.5" pan. We use the 8" more than others. Pick and choose.
[Reply]
threebag 08:41 PM 10-05-2022
The Blackstone kicks ass.
[Reply]
scho63 08:46 PM 10-05-2022
I cooked an eye of round roast in my Dutch Oven about 2 weeks ago. I seared all sides including both ends after seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika.
Then I added a cup of red wine to deglaze and then a cup of water. Added some more seasoning including dried minced onion, Italian seasoning, dried basil and dried parsley.
Put the lid on and stuck in the oven at 250° for 7-8 hrs.

When I took it out it was fork tender and delicious. I only paid like $6.75 for a 2.5 pound roast.

The Dutch Oven cleaned up perfect.

I think I paid $49.99 or $54.99 for the cookware.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up