ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:52 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Home gym.
Get off your ass and stop being lazy. If you want extra motivation post a shirtless pic online.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:30 AM 01-06-2020
I've never understood the fasting thing. What is the allure? When I was a workout goon it was always urged to eat frequently, but not much food at one time. This not only doesn't spike your insulin levels leading to fat storage but it gives you good energy for the entirety of your day and helps you maintain a healthy metabolism.

But I'm sure 2006 workout forums were wrong yeah?
[Reply]
philfree 08:32 AM 01-06-2020
In anticipation of my Bowflex Max being delivered I thought I would do some stretching and walk on the treadmill. I did that Saturday. Sunday my left ankle was really sore. Like I'd sprained it. I hobbled around all day Sunday. Last night I iced it for a good bit and it's much better this morning. That ankle seems to just be sprained about once a month for very little reason. That's what I'm up against. Old people shit.:-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 01-06-2020, 09:00 AM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
dirk digler 10:26 AM 01-06-2020
I am foodie but I need to get motivated some how to lose some weight. I weigh 185 and would like to get down to 170 and I have done Keto a couple of times with good success but I need some motivation and I am struggling with caring :-)

We have one shitty gym in our town so not much options so I am thinking on getting a Peloton or something like that.

Any advice lol?
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:02 AM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

I work at a company that makes every type of protein drink you can think of, dairy, pea, soy, quinoa, rice, well everything but cranberry apparently. Been in the business for almost 20 years now.
That being said...what protein drink/powder tops your list? In the market for a new one.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:05 AM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
That being said...what protein drink/powder tops your list? In the market for a new one.
Premier Protein. 30g protein, 160cal, 3g fat, 1g sugar.

Drinking one now actually. You can get them pretty cheap at Sams or Costco and they also sell a powder.

[Reply]
RockChalk 11:06 AM 01-06-2020
2019 was a rough year for me workout wise. Had my first child at the end of 2018 and abandoned my 6-day/week workout schedule. At any rate, went from 190 to 210 pretty easily. 20 lbs might not seem like much (I'm 6'1''), but lost some muscle and gained some fat.

Goal right now is to get back to 190 by EOY. I've got a nice free-weight home gym set up w/ commercial treadmill. I'd really like to get my chest/shoulder/back definition back...any lifts/exercises you workout junkies highly recommend?
[Reply]
Chazno 11:21 AM 01-06-2020

Drinking one now actually. You can get them pretty cheap at Sams or Costco and they also sell a powder.

Currently on sale at Costco $20 for 18. Thats $7 off. Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:21 PM 01-06-2020

Have you tried Core Power? That shit is AMAZING
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:45 PM 01-06-2020

Costco has Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey on sale right now. $43 for a 5.5lbs bag. Best product and price around.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 04:06 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You’re partially right.

My 20’s was about looking good for the ladies.

In my mid 30’s working out is now 100% for me.
It's always been for me!

It gets in your blood, mind and you don't stop. It's a light addiction. I started when I was 17 and have been working out ever since, I am 52 now. At least 3-4 days a week, but would like 4-5, but life gets in the way.

I've pretty much done all types of workouts and lifts over the last 35 years.
Finally about 2 years ago, I decided to do it for health and longevity, so my lifting moved from strength (for the most part) to just lifting intense and boxing. I absolutely love boxing for cardio.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:10 PM 01-06-2020
Ok I want all you noobies to stay off your damn phones in between sets on the machines!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:32 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Have you tried Core Power? That shit is AMAZING
what makes it amazing?
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:39 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
what makes it amazing?
Its 100% diafiltered milk as the protein source so its not been spray dried and rehydrated. Fairly expensive process comparatively but it taste very good.

GNC Lean Shake is fairly similar.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 10:50 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
I’ve had a similar experience. I ran the KC half marathon this year and felt great. Signed up for the Garmin half and have been running 10+ on Sundays. Got the same symptoms you’re describing right around Thanksgiving. Tried to power through but has seemed to make it worse. Dr. Google tells me it’s an illiotibial (IT) band issue. I’m wearing a brace while doing elliptical and zero runner, but getting frustrated not being on the road during this great winter weather. Not to mention this is affecting my training regimen.
Have you tried some yoga stretching? Years ago, I friend showed me one that helped with my IT band issues, but have no clue how to describe that twister type pose on a keyboard lol. I checked Dr. Google and didn't see that particular pose, but there's several others that are supposed to help.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up