ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:50 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Have you gone to the doctor? At your age you don't want it to turn into pneumonia.
I feel like it's just a really bad cold. But man, it's kicking my keester. For the past three days I've been impersonating a corpse on my couch.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:59 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
Bird Hunting used to be part of my fitness but the last few years I hardly went so I got rid of my dogs last spring. But yeah being out in the field is good for your well being. In a good year I'd workout in January-mid March and then start golfing and pounding balls with the workouts going away as Springs comes on but the golf and a few laps in the pool. Then bird hunt in the fall and early winter.

I think now it needs to be work out-golf,swim a few laps-watch Chiefs and walk on down the beach. To a tiki bar. I think that should cover the yearly cycle. Just need to start some kind of works outs now. And stop gorging and slamming Crown and Sprite. :-) Piece of cake!
Curious, why did you give up the hunting? Must have been hard to give up the dogs.

Most important thing is to get into routine with exercise. We are creatures of habit.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:03 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I feel like it's just a really bad cold. But man, it's kicking my keester. For the past three days I've been impersonating a corpse on my couch.
Rain, have you'd tried taking a flu bomb? Every time me or my daughter starts feeling symptoms we take a flu bomb to stop it in its tracks.

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:06 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Rain, have you'd tried taking a flu bomb? Every time me or my daughter starts feeling symptoms we take a flu bomb to stop it in its tracks.

My wife's got me on some immune booster thing that's a combination of a bunch of things that don't taste good. All roots and bark and stuff. She'd heard good things about it from other people, but I think maybe I got it too late to do any good. Either that, or I'd be dead now without it.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:26 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.
Any name brands you recommend for the protein?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:27 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Any name brands you recommend for the protein?
Marcellus will be watching this closely.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:36 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My wife's got me on some immune booster thing that's a combination of a bunch of things that don't taste good. All roots and bark and stuff. She'd heard good things about it from other people, but I think maybe I got it too late to do any good. Either that, or I'd be dead now without it.
It's your only hope:

We'll dvr the SB for you.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 03:37 PM 01-04-2020
Always been a keen gym goer but hated running other than sprints/intervals. Anyway, got a garmin watch a couple of months ago and it’s transformed my workouts and got me so much fitter. I thought I was pretty fit before but until you’re tracking everything you can believe what you want to. Would recommend for anyone wanting to make a change or improve
[Reply]
Delano 03:47 PM 01-04-2020
Is this thread a fucking Bowflex Max advertisement?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:25 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea this is nonsense. Not near the amino acids in pea protein and I can only imagine cranberry protein. The downside to whey is it does have more cholesteral than milk protein concentrate but you can get plenty of dairy based proteins that are an MPC/Whey blend. Neither Whey nor MPC has much fat in it though, very small amounts, hence the term "protein concentrate" or "isolate".

I work at a company that makes every type of protein drink you can think of, dairy, pea, soy, quinoa, rice, well everything but cranberry apparently. Been in the business for almost 20 years now.

Don't get me started on the non GMO scam.

If you like it good for you and you will stick with it but your reasoning isn't exactly valid.
FWIW I started a food safety thread a few years ago when BEP and I got into it over some fucking gluten allergy (not celiacs) nonsense. But if you want to address the organic/natural/GMO hogwash we should probably do it elsewhere.
[Reply]
philfree 05:39 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
Is this thread a ****ing Bowflex Max advertisement?
No but I did ask if anyone had any experience and feedback on the Max. Doesn't seem that they do. No matter though because I pulled the trigger. Bowflex Max 8 on the way.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:55 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by 64 Chief:
Eat less and join a gym for motivation. Working out regularly with partner also helps with motivation.
Well get better. We need your A game in a week.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:56 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
No but I did ask if anyone had any experience and feedback on the Max. Doesn't seem that they do. No matter though because I pulled the trigger. Bowflex Max 8 on the way.
Report back to us. I'd like to get some sort of exercise machine at some point. I have the arms of a T-Rex.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:08 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW I started a food safety thread a few years ago when BEP and I got into it over some ****ing gluten allergy (not celiacs) nonsense. But if you want to address the organic/natural/GMO hogwash we should probably do it elsewhere.
Thanks but don't worry I am not interested in it. You know how that shit goes, people believe what they want to.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:10 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW I started a food safety thread a few years ago when BEP and I got into it over some ****ing gluten allergy (not celiacs) nonsense. But if you want to address the organic/natural/GMO hogwash we should probably do it elsewhere.
Isn't there quite a big difference between organic and non-gmo? I just don't want food that roundup & known chemicals have been grown in, that cause cancer.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up