ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
philfree 10:14 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
My new daily routine is celery juice in the am, Peloton right after work, marrow broth just before dinner, coconut water just before bed for the sweet tooth. Three clean meals, two healthy snacks. Very minimal breads & pastas. Weights, pushups/pullups twice a week. Down 4.
I was thinking about getting a Peloton. Like everything worth damn these days they're so expensive. That or Bowflex Max. I used to have a cheap climber years ago and I wore that thing out.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:19 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've lost three pounds already this year. Dang virus. I've been dragging myself around for the entire decade so far.
Have you gone to the doctor? At your age you don't want it to turn into pneumonia.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.
Now you just need to work on your sleep.:-) What in the world are doing up at 2:19 a.m. with all this meticulous care you do with your diet ? Unless of course this is when you work.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:52 AM 01-04-2020
I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.
Curious what protein you are using? Link? Thx in Advance. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:29 AM 01-04-2020
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned jumping jacks. I'm up to 10 per day now.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:10 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned jumping jacks. I'm up to 10 per day now.
I nominate Hog as a Top 5 poster on CP
[Reply]
BWillie 12:13 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
My new daily routine is celery juice in the am, Peloton right after work, marrow broth just before dinner, coconut water just before bed for the sweet tooth. Three clean meals, two healthy snacks. Very minimal breads & pastas. Weights, pushups/pullups twice a week. Down 4.
Jesus Christ. That sounds terrible. How do you not weigh 100 lbs? Steak 4 times a week. Eat ok in the week but gorge out on the weekends. Ive lost about 17 lbs since I was 25.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:15 PM 01-04-2020
walking on the tread mill. Makes my knee hurt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:17 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Curious what protein you are using? Link? Thx in Advance. :-)
Takes a shot of cum right in the bum every night before bed. Food comes out almost as soon as it goes in.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:20 PM 01-04-2020

Yea this is nonsense. Not near the amino acids in pea protein and I can only imagine cranberry protein. The downside to whey is it does have more cholesteral than milk protein concentrate but you can get plenty of dairy based proteins that are an MPC/Whey blend. Neither Whey nor MPC has much fat in it though, very small amounts, hence the term "protein concentrate" or "isolate".

I work at a company that makes every type of protein drink you can think of, dairy, pea, soy, quinoa, rice, well everything but cranberry apparently. Been in the business for almost 20 years now.

Don't get me started on the non GMO scam.

If you like it good for you and you will stick with it but your reasoning isn't exactly valid.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 12:48 PM 01-04-2020
2020 is (another) new start for me.

I was actually making great progress in 2017, in both cardio and strength training.... then BLAM.

Stage 3 Malt Lymphoma. Not only did the chemo kick my ass, I was allergic to the protocol my oncologist wanted me on. Hellllllllooooooooo Steriods. Who the hell GAINS weight while on chemo? Me.

I'm in remission now and was slated to walk/run a Half-Marathon in September... instead, I shattered my wrist and broke my radius in multiple places.

I think I've got 2020 covered and my path back to health and wellness should be clear - as soon as I kick the crud that my damn boss spread around at work.
[Reply]
scho63 12:49 PM 01-04-2020
I have gained and lost over 250 pounds in the last 15 years and it sucks being prone to overweight. I lost 80 pounds from March 22 2017 to August 2018 and now in the last 6 months I've put 50-55 back on.

I have such a lust for good food that it sucks....

I wish I had a swimmer's body rather than a caveman's. :-)
[Reply]
philfree 01:26 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
walking on the tread mill. Makes my knee hurt.
That's why I'm considering the Bowflex Max. It's non impact.
[Reply]
philfree 01:29 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
2020 is (another) new start for me.

I was actually making great progress in 2017, in both cardio and strength training.... then BLAM.

Stage 3 Malt Lymphoma. Not only did the chemo kick my ass, I was allergic to the protocol my oncologist wanted me on. Hellllllllooooooooo Steriods. Who the hell GAINS weight while on chemo? Me.

I'm in remission now and was slated to walk/run a Half-Marathon in September... instead, I shattered my wrist and broke my radius in multiple places.

I think I've got 2020 covered and my path back to health and wellness should be clear - as soon as I kick the crud that my damn boss spread around at work.
That's a rough go. God bless and hang in there.
[Reply]
64 Chief 02:45 PM 01-04-2020
Eat less and join a gym for motivation. Working out regularly with partner also helps with motivation.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up