ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Allergies
TLO 01:56 PM 08-14-2012
I knew I had some serious issues with allergies, but typically they are worse in the spring. But the last few days have been absolutely miserable. Anybody else fighting with their allergies right now? Any suggestions on relief?
[Reply]
Phobia 02:00 PM 08-14-2012
Ragweed season came very early this year. It usually lasts a couple of weeks for me. I sneeze it out for about 10-15 minutes in the morning and then again at night with perhaps a few random sneezes during the day. I'm not a fan of drugs so I tend to use them as a last resort.
[Reply]
doomy3 02:04 PM 08-14-2012
I've felt like absolute shit the last couple days. I would say allergies have a lot to do with it.
[Reply]
TLO 02:04 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Ragweed season came very early this year. It usually lasts a couple of weeks for me. I sneeze it out for about 10-15 minutes in the morning and then again at night with perhaps a few random sneezes during the day. I'm not a fan of drugs so I tend to use them as a last resort.
All of the various antihistamines make me super tired anyway. Even claritin and zyrtec. Benadryl will knock me on my ass flat out.

Anyone have any other home remedies that might be of some use?
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:23 PM 08-14-2012
Smoke Rag weed.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:29 PM 08-14-2012
This is the only thing that has ever controlled my allergies, and they stopped making it. I have tried everything else and nothing has come close to working. My allergies are terrible. Itching eyes, running nose, skin is itchy... the worst.

[Reply]
TLO 02:44 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan:
This is the only thing that has ever controlled my allergies, and they stopped making it. I have tried everything else and nothing has come close to working. My allergies are terrible. Itching eyes, running nose, skin is itchy... the worst.

That's just Benadryl with Tylenol in it.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:45 PM 08-14-2012
Zyrtec works great for me. I felt drowsy the first couple of days but got used to it. A little drowsiness is a hell of a lot better than sneezing all damn day.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:49 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
All of the various antihistamines make me super tired anyway. Even claritin and zyrtec. Benadryl will knock me on my ass flat out.

Only home remedy I know of is move to Arizona. Ain't no ragweed there.
[Reply]
TLO 02:53 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by PostRockPablo:
Zyrtec works great for me. I felt drowsy the first couple of days but got used to it. A little drowsiness is a hell of a lot better than sneezing all damn day.
Agreed. Zyrtec is my favorite of the OTC bunch. Haven't tried Alegra yet though.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:58 PM 08-14-2012
I've had what I thought was hayfever year round for years. A couple of years ago, I went zero carb for about 6 months and it went away. When I went back to eating normally, it came back, so it seemed to be food related instead of hayfever.

I have been working on tracing it down and think I have it now in the sulfites used to preserve food. Wine, grapes, aged cheese, anything with corn starch/corn syrup and any other food high in sulfites will set off a sneezing attack as well as stuff me up so bad I can barely breathe.

I am still working on cleaning up my diet and use generic chlortabs to help minimize it.

Just a thought.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:01 PM 08-14-2012

Everyday is allergy season. I'm seriously allergic to fucking everything.

You're probably having problems because the late season broadleaves have started pollenating. And there are a few that put out a massive amount of pollen. Palmeramaranth is the worst. It sucks the life out of me.

Anyway, Zyrtec works the best for me, but I have to cycle it out so my body doesn't get acclimated to it. Give it a shot. You might be drowsy because your body is working so hard overreacting to the allergen.

Virtually no home remedies work other than limiting your exposure. You might try Flonaise. People have said it has "fixed" their allergies. It is pretty much just a nasal steroids.

Keep trying the Zyrtec. Allegra works OK. If you don't like the other ones, try it.

Good luck.
[Reply]
Omaha 03:02 PM 08-14-2012
I knew I had some serious issues with allergies, but typically they are worse in the spring. But the last few days have been absolutely miserable. Anybody else fighting with their allergies right now? Any suggestions on relief?
I have nearly eliminated dairy from my diet & my seasonal allergies have almost completely gone away. I must have some sort of sensitivity to dairy. My allergies were awful the last few years, but I've actually been able to stop taking allergy medicine. No problems at all.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:25 PM 08-14-2012
That's just Benadryl with Tylenol in it.
Non drowsy and it works. I've tried non-drowsy benadryl and I've never gotten the same effect as i did with this stuff.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 03:28 PM 08-14-2012
This shit is the bomb, all natural, makes Claritin / Allegra look like water.

http://www.iherb.com/Ortho-Molecular...Capsules/20797

I promise you this is the best stuff I've ever taken and absolutely no side effects at all. O'Briens Pharmacy in Mission carries it.

Read the reviews.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up