ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 78
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:14 PM 01-22-2007
I am disappointed. With the beer mug icon I thought disney world was now serving alcohol throughout the park :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:04 PM 01-22-2007
Not sure if mentioned.....but if you can swing it....stay on the disney property....it really makes a difference...especially if you have kids....you can use the bus system instead of having to drive into the park each day (a hassle and at least a 15-20 min drive from offsite hotels).

Plus, each resort inside DisneyWorld has different themes and areas for kids...and the rooms are disney-inspired, etc. It's a neat experience.

Plus, it's really nice to take advantage of the early entry or late hours that only resort guests get...

DOwntonwn Disney and Pleasure Island are a lot of fun if you dont have the kids for a night or two...cool restaurants/clubs, etc.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:42 PM 01-22-2007
I've never been, want to someday
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:33 PM 01-22-2007
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
I would never take any children that young to WDW. They are miserable and they make the parents / adults miserable. I wouldn't take any kids to WDW until they are about 10 years old.
A terribly uninformed opinion.....

mmaddog
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:53 PM 01-22-2007
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
My mother-in-law is offering to cover the cost of a WDW package this summer for my family...All we have to do is get there.
Unfortunately she wants my wife and I to shop around for package deals...I don't know if I have the attention span to do that. Plus, based on air fare quotes, this would likely be a road trip. Turns out we're about 35 miles closer to Orlando than we are Anaheim. Go figure.
If I was you I'd keep checking both Southwest and American....you can find some pretty good fares at times. I saw a couple of $100 RT tickets from Dallas a few weeks back. If you can catch some good fares, then I would stay on property, that way you can do the Disney Magical Express which is the only way to go now. It lets you check your bags at your airport and never have to touch them again until you get to your Disney resort. Once you arrive at the Orlando airport you head directly to a bus that takes you to your selected Disney resort.

Once you are on Disney property you don't need a rental vehicle because the buses take you everywhere.

BTW...if you don't want to spend too much time looking for package deals you can go to this website and see what package deals Disney has on their website:

http://disney.go.com/home/today/index.html

click on the Disney Destinations area....

mmaddog
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
This message has been deleted by Archie F. Swin. Reason: slow on the draw
Archie F. Swin 07:56 PM 01-22-2007
Originally Posted by mmaddog:
If I was you I'd keep checking both Southwest and American....you can find some pretty good fares at times. I saw a couple of $100 RT tickets from Dallas a few weeks back. If you can catch some good fares, then I would stay on property, that way you can do the Disney Magical Express which is the only way to go now. It lets you check your bags at your airport and never have to touch them again until you get to your Disney resort. Once you arrive at the Orlando airport you head directly to a bus that takes you to your selected Disney resort.

Once you are on Disney property you don't need a rental vehicle because the buses take you everywhere.

BTW...if you don't want to spend too much time looking for package deals you can go to this website and see what package deals Disney has on their website:

http://disney.go.com/home/today/index.html

click on the Disney Destinations area....

mmaddog

many, many thanks!!!!
[Reply]
007 11:53 PM 05-19-2007
Allegiant Air offers quite a deal if you don't mind going to Wichita for the flight. $79 each way if you leave and return on a Tuesday.
[Reply]
Spott 06:48 AM 05-20-2007
The weather down here in January could be in the 70's or 80's during the day or coulc be as low as the 50's and down to the 30's at night. It's really kind of a crapshoot. More than likely the weather would be about 70 then, but it does cool down quite a bit at night during that time of year.
[Reply]
007 04:49 AM 09-19-2007
Which is the best of the affordable properties. Will probably be just me and my 2 boys.
[Reply]
a1na2 05:08 AM 09-19-2007
Originally Posted by Brianfo:
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Anything to report about your trip?

It's 9 months later, by now you should have been able to give us a full story. How is the weather in January and how did your kids like it?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:54 AM 09-19-2007
Originally Posted by a1na2:
Anything to report about your trip?

It's 9 months later, by now you should have been able to give us a full story. How is the weather in January and how did your kids like it?

It's 1 year, 9 months.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:08 AM 09-19-2007
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It's 1 year, 9 months.
What a dumbass.
[Reply]
007 06:13 AM 03-08-2008
Coming up on our trip this June. Has anyone used the Unofficial Guide to WDW for Kids or www.tourguidemike.com for trip prep?

Are you familiar with these Maddawg?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:35 AM 03-08-2008
Originally Posted by Guru:
Coming up on our trip this June. Has anyone used the Unofficial Guide to WDW for Kids or www.tourguidemike.com for trip prep?

Are you familiar with these Maddawg?
Nope, but thanks for the link! Ill have to read more later. We are headed down there the week of May 4th - 11th. We figured that was a good date to beat the summer crowds.

We have both been down there a couple of times before, so we know what to expect and plan for. Good times.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:18 AM 03-08-2008
Watch out for hurricanes.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 03-08-2008, 01:07 PM
This message has been deleted by chiefs1111.
Page 5 of 78
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up