ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ Is Big Winner at the Oscars
listopencil 09:31 AM 03-14-2023
‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ Is Big Winner at the Oscars

The futuristic film from the studio A24 won seven awards, including for best picture, directing and in three of the four acting categories.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/13/m...l-at-once.html

I was very, very entertained by this movie when I watched it and I'd recommend it to anyone who is tired of the same old bullshit in theaters. I'm a bit shocked that it received so many awards. You should be able to get a chance to watch it fairly easily now...and you should watch it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 03-14-2023
Well deserved. Definitely the best of the year.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:43 AM 03-14-2023
It was a really good movie. Not the super artsy stuff that wins the Oscars some years.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:17 AM 03-14-2023
Hard to argue with it winning.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:02 PM 03-14-2023
I liked Banshees and Top Gun better (not that Top Gun was ever going to win an Oscar for Best Picture), but I had no issue with this.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:47 PM 03-14-2023
EEAAO was one of the greater movie going experiences I've had in a while. I thoroughly loved it and I'm very happy for the recognition it has received.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I liked Banshees and Top Gun better (not that Top Gun was ever going to win an Oscar for Best Picture), but I had no issue with this.
I'm sure the problem is with me, but I just did not particularly enjoy Banshees of Inisherin. I understand the Joycean kind of style it was going for and it was a pleasure seeing the Aran Islands again after having visited them 15 years ago, but it just wasn't for me. I probably had it built up in my head too much because In Bruges is one of my all time favorites. Oh well.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:18 PM 03-14-2023
Never heard of this movie yet, Ill have to give it a watch
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:53 PM 03-14-2023
I knew nothing about this movie until I watched a trailer, just now.

It looks like "The Matrix" on PCP. I'll check it out.
[Reply]
Fish 04:12 PM 03-14-2023
It was entertaining. But I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Got a bit too silly for me.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:55 AM 03-15-2023
Sitting back waiting for vlad to to post something from the critical drinker about how terrible this all is.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:10 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Sitting back waiting for vlad to to post something from the critical drinker about how terrible this all is.
Critical Drinker liked it.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:18 PM 03-15-2023
Trippy as fuck

It's The Butterfly Effect mixed with The Matrix
[Reply]
Stryker 08:23 PM 03-15-2023
Congrats on winning all of the Oscars BUT, HELL TO THE NO! Too much bull shit going on to "entertain" me. When a MUCH BETTER FILM like, "All Quite on the Western Front" is FAR superior. How can you compare? :-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:36 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Congrats on winning all of the Oscars BUT, HELL TO THE NO! Too much bull shit going on to "entertain" me. When a MUCH BETTER FILM like, "All Quite on the Western Front" is FAR superior. How can you compare? :-)
You are quiet worked up about this.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:07 PM 03-16-2023
Watched the trailer, which did nothing for me. Looks like more CGI comic book crap, which I'm fairly sick of at this point.

Over the past decade, I've seen exactly one of the movies that won best picture - Green Book. Most of the rest I never even heard of. I'd never heard of this one until after it won. About the best I can hope for at this point is that something I really like at least gets nominated (like 1917), but I've just accepted that if I really like it, it's not going to win. And I can't remember the last time I actually watched the Academy Awards. Used to be I'd never miss it. Oh well.

Hollywood no longer gives a fuck about me or what I like, and as Patrick Swayze once famously said, ditto.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up