ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 316 of 435
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326366416 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:23 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When he IS in there he does nothing to demonstrably alter the talent level of the DL.

But you're right in one respect - when he's not out there there is definitely a lack of bodies. We're just too damn thin without him and we're asking more of Danna and Wharton than we have right to ask. Hell, we're asking more of Jones than we can reasonably expect him to provide.

I'm just really confused. I do not understand for one minute how the organization thought they could roll Jones, Clark, Okafor, Danna and Kaindoh out there and call the DE position set.

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he ****ing sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

I don't get it. How did they think this was going to go?

I understand that they had limited resources and did the best they could with what they had available, but it seems like the DE position was just an afterthought for them all off-season. That's bizarre as hell to me. I mean if you're not going to address DE, go sign Reddick and Ingram and roll with a {gag} base 3-4.

How could this plan have ever worked?
I agree. When they signed Jarran Reed I think they thought that would allow them to kick Jones out and Reed could be a disruptor in the middle like Chris Jones has been. In reality, they ended up downgrading two positions.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:33 AM 10-05-2021
The trade was made when we had Patrick on a rookie deal and needed a push. They didn’t want a rookie out there for a title run.

And yeah I get that Frank has deteriorated but he was acquired to help us win a ring. He was a huge reason why we won too.

So yes the trade was a success even as it stands now.

Get out of it after the season, get your $19.5 million back and work towards the future.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:44 AM 10-05-2021
When he IS in there he does nothing to demonstrably alter the talent level of the DL.

But you're right in one respect - when he's not out there there is definitely a lack of bodies. We're just too damn thin without him and we're asking more of Danna and Wharton than we have right to ask. Hell, we're asking more of Jones than we can reasonably expect him to provide.

I'm just really confused. I do not understand for one minute how the organization thought they could roll Jones, Clark, Okafor, Danna and Kaindoh out there and call the DE position set.

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he ****ing sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

I don't get it. How did they think this was going to go?

I understand that they had limited resources and did the best they could with what they had available, but it seems like the DE position was just an afterthought for them all off-season. That's bizarre as hell to me. I mean if you're not going to address DE, go sign Reddick and Ingram and roll with a {gag} base 3-4.

How could this plan have ever worked?
Good point. Maybe they thought they were strong at DT, making it easier on the DE.
[Reply]
FAX 06:17 PM 10-05-2021
So ...

Clark was finally and formally charged with felony possession of an assault weapon (the March incident)?

FAX
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:28 AM 10-12-2021
Been a week since this thread has had a comment. Can't let it fall so far off. Fucking sucks man
[Reply]
JPH83 02:15 AM 10-12-2021
I'm genuinely excited about cutting his salary. We're going to get better at DE next year at probably a fraction of the lost.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:41 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm genuinely excited about cutting his salary. We're going to get better at DE next year at probably a fraction of the lost.
Are we though? Why should we have faith in Veach to scout DE talent?
[Reply]
Jerm 08:42 AM 10-12-2021
I've been a staunch defender of Clark's and think he was vital in us winning the Super Bowl but yeah, it's over now...he's pretty much just robbing $$ from us at this point.

Thanks for what you did, adios as soon as we can get out from under it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 AM 10-12-2021
We could have TWO decent, solid, above average DE's for what we pay Clark. Which is EXACTLY what we should do in '22. That AND draft one in round 1. Buffalo has the right idea, load up, rotate them and keep them fresh.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:27 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We could have TWO decent, solid, above average DE's for what we pay Clark. Which is EXACTLY what we should do in '22. That AND draft one in round 1. Buffalo has the right idea, load up, rotate them and keep them fresh.
Never draft a position just to draft a position. This is only a good idea if a quality DE is there when we draft in Rd 1.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:29 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep. I saw that in the game and realized how smart it was.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Never draft a position just to draft a position. This is only a good idea if a quality DE is there when we draft in Rd 1.
There will be. This is an incredibly deep DE draft. And there are a 2-3 genuine top 10 prospects, one of whom will likely fall a bit because that's just how the draft goes.

Obviously I'd prefer pick at 32, but if they're around 18, that's within striking distance of a potential Brian Burns type of player. Now sometimes those guys can be boom/bust and turn into a Rashan Gary instead, but sometimes you've just gotta chance it.

Even someone like Montez Sweat would make an enormous difference on the DL. There WILL be someone like that that the Chiefs will be able to draft. If Veach is the big swinging dick some claim, he needs to get it right.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:55 AM 10-12-2021
There will be. This is an incredibly deep DE draft. And there are a 2-3 genuine top 10 prospects, one of whom will likely fall a bit because that's just how the draft goes.

Obviously I'd prefer pick at 32, but if they're around 18, that's within striking distance of a potential Brian Burns type of player. Now sometimes those guys can be boom/bust and turn into a Rashan Gary instead, but sometimes you've just gotta chance it.

Even someone like Montez Sweat would make an enormous difference on the DL. There WILL be someone like that that the Chiefs will be able to draft. If Veach is the big swinging dick some claim, he needs to get it right.
Last draft season people were saying this should be a massive draft class with kids coming back in the picture from covid opt outs ect. Does that still ring true? If so we may be getting a shit load of UDFA's.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 10-12-2021
He set that edge like a BEAST last night.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:25 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
obviously a hypothetical, but there generally is.
[Reply]
Page 316 of 435
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326366416 > Last »
Up